1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hobby Ideas?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by TakingTheSteps, Nov 30, 2015.

1. So I'm pretty aware that my biggest, strongest moments of weakness and struggle (like right now...) come in the moments when this deadly combination hits: boredom, fatigue, and loneliness.

I'm trying to set myself up for better success by finding some hobbies that are easy and not too strenuous, I suppose. Sometimes after a long day at work or whatever, I'm just too tired to do most of the things I would normally do for fun, like writing or exercise, or even reading, sometimes, because my brain is just too overwhelmed. Then there's TV, which has always been a big part of my life, but sometimes there's just nothing good on... lol. So anyway, I'm wondering if anyone has any hobbies that are nice and relaxing for when I'm too tired or stressed out for my other interests. I've never really been super creative with hobby-type-things, so I'm hoping someone will have some good ideas/advice that I might not have thought of.

2. taqwa

taqwa Fapstronaut

3. Just started a thread related to this, also many hobbies threads are around these parts if you search thread titles with 'hobbies' in the search box :). And of course the great @taqwa's recent thread :D

If you have the money and are not into it I would suggest photography. Also kayaking and trail running are always fun, granted you seem to be looking for not so intense hobbies perhaps. Maybe a yoga or tai chi class?

Here is my wild hobby thread hehe: http://www.nofap.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-galvanizing-action-thread.52847/

4. Lol I take it back, the hobby situation seems to be quite sad around here hahahah, only 3 threads came up with 'hobbies' in the title. Ah well we need as many hobby threads as we can get here!

5. Jae

Jae Fapstronaut

Learn an instrument! I play 4, and it takes my mind off things.
    Exercise? I absolutely hate it. But it could be a good physical outlet.

That's all I've got :rolleyes:

TakingTheSteps likes this.
  6. taqwa

taqwa Fapstronaut

Lol! I love your thread. First time I have seen it. I will certainly spread it! Stay strong! Win!

7. taqwa

taqwa Fapstronaut

I appreciate the fine complement... I pray that that God does not hold me accountable for what people estimate me to be and I pray that He forgives me for the wrongs I do in private and I pray that He makes me better than what people think in reality (in His terms and measures). Keep up the good work! Stay strong! Win!

8. Thanks guys! I hadn't thought about instruments. I've been wanting to get back into piano, so that could be cool.
    I guess I was thinking about hobbies that can be done from home and don't take a lot of effort. I think I'm just struggling a lot right now because I'm kinda sick, so I just don't feel up do doing anything :( And lately, when that's the case, I turn to PMO, but I don't want to do that anymore.

9. taqwa

taqwa Fapstronaut

Keep yourself busy out of the home... or consider the following:
    -volunteer (nothing like giving)
    -take some night classes (more knowledge more power)
    -join community sports league (great connection with other people and you move your body)
    -long walks (great connection with yourself and you move your body)

When you get the urge... move your body... take deep breaths (the ones that make you look fat - from your belly) and with each breath feel the gratitude throughout your body. Feel it in your heart. Connect with people. Go to a coffee shop/Barnes/Mall. Usually urge will subside in 15-30 minutes. Hang in there. If you are not busy doing good, you are probably busy doing something not so good. I wish you success. 3 days and counting!
    Stay strong! Win.

10. TheVikingTaco

TheVikingTaco Fapstronaut

you can do some wood carving i start with a wood mjolnir necklace and is easy to do i made one in about 4 to 5 hours

Star Lord likes this.
  11. nfprogress

nfprogress Fapstronaut

Audiobooks are an option for when you are too tired to read.

12. Adam Verner

Adam Verner Fapstronaut

for me when i'm too tired i "solve" rubik's cube. If you learn the easiest algorithms it's pretty easy. i've learned to solve it in like 2 hours, and with a little bit of practice i can solve almost subconsciously. It's like a stress ball for me.

TakingTheSteps and GSarosi like this.
  13. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

Mountain walking, there's something truly amazing about climbing a mountain and as you reach the summit you see the landscape in all its glory. Miles on miles of earth, it's a very tranquil feeling.

14. yeah learning an instrument is a super awesome hobby to take up. It's pretty much an ideal thing to fall back on if you're fatigued from a long day. plus, I donnu, it's sort of an intimate experience? like almost meditative in a sense. it's just cool to see yourself develop at a skill you put yourself into, and it's something you can do no matter how overwhelmed you find yourself.