1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Sign flirtation or friendliness?

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by Ryuk200, May 3, 2016.

1. Ryuk200

Ryuk200 Guest

This reception chick always compliments me on my appearance most of the time when I see her, and I've made a habit of just saying "thanks" and not taking it further or just keeping the convo surrounding the reason why Im there and nothing more than that. I mean, that would indicate that she has good sense of style or maybe she thinks Im sort of fashionable I guess, I dont know I just wear clothes I like and find cool. But I haven't complimented her since I started going there, I haven't really thought about it today. But it really got me thinking, how many opportunities did I miss because I've written things like this as friendly when infact it was their way of a convo opener? Probably quite a lot times, I dont know. The reason why Im reading into this a bit more than usual is because the compliments are about the things Im wearing and not any real physical attributes. Would that make it more obvious if it was indeed a flirtatious sign? I certainly would like to think its friendliness if not anything.

The reason why Im curious is because nofap made me more attracted to normal girls, even though I relapsed a few days ago I've still retain some of the streak I had before that and during that I experienced natural attraction towards certain girls which was out of my hands. Sometimes i wonder if that energy I feel near then is something that could be felt in them too. Sometimes I wish I could explain what is happening but I think theres more fighting that goes on in the brain than trying to conceptualize whats actually happening. Would you say thats a fair assessment?

2. jfromcr

jfromcr Fapstronaut

Hi Ryuk200,

I would say you are starting to experience the change from self-focused to other or neutral focus. This is a good thing. Addicts tend to be a selfish lot and not to aware of the world around them, especially if we are just objectifying the people around us.

I would say that she is interested enough to notice you, reciprocate and see what happens. I think women can feel our objectiveness of them, when they do it is a turn off. When you are one of only a few people that sees an actual person, it will light them up.

YMMV since I've been married for 21 years and have no clue if someone is interested in me.

Aaayron likes this.
  3. Ryuk200

Ryuk200 Guest

brilliant insight brother, I'll talk to her and see what happens.

4. volt2187

volt2187 Guest

Hey man I've been in your position many times over these last hundred days or so now that I'm noticing girls now. Check out my journal for some of the recent shit I've missed out on because I've either been too big of a pussy or too blind to see how the girls are sending me signals but how I've been unable to escalate things.

For me, like everything in life, I've gotten better over time through my different experiences taking to them. Life is a learning experience, next time this happens for you recognize it and approach her. And if they don't speak first don't be afraid to approach them first. No better way to get better with girls then just putting yourself out there!

There's not much more that I hate than having regrets and wondering "what if". That's no way to live and not fair to us and the women that come in and out of our lives.

5. Bench

Bench Fapstronaut

What does "YMMV" stand for?

6. IGY

IGY Guest

Check out The Glossary ^

7. Bench

Bench Fapstronaut

I swear I read the whole thing except for the last term. Thanks.