1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Robotics

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Adam Verner, May 7, 2016.

1. Adam Verner

Adam Verner Fapstronaut

is anyone here interested in robotics? or at least generally in electrotechnics?
    I would like to just discussion about some projects?

2. Iwillsuceed

Iwillsuceed Fapstronaut

Yeah I like electronics I'm not an expert but I know the ways. I'm gonna study it next year

sumssense likes this.
  3. Adam Verner

Adam Verner Fapstronaut

what kind of school are you going to study?

4. mondays_suck

mondays_suck Fapstronaut

I'll just leave a comment here. I am in IT class, having a little robotics school circle. I would be glad to hear some interesting stuff you may post.

5. sumssense

sumssense Fapstronaut

Me definitely! I am learning myself building robots at home with the arduino and raspberry pi. I just started a couple months ago but learning tons. I've build a couple small things but am working slowly building one that can walk, recognize faces and talk kind of like that Nao robot (just google it) What kind of project are you planning?

6. Adam Verner

Adam Verner Fapstronaut

i have loads of idea, but to get them on paper and make them is much worse :D
    The project i'm working on right now is mini-sumo
    [​IMG]
    this is how it looks now, the body is compete, now i'm in programming phase. I know that everything works right, just to put it together :D
    if you want any specs just ask, i'm willing to tell you everything, i can even send plans if you're interested.

sumssense likes this.
  7. Iwillsuceed

Iwillsuceed Fapstronaut

ohhh!! we (me and a group of friends) are also building a mini sumo
    but the parts are over at someone else's place so no pictures. But cool!!

I'm gonna study electrical engineering at the Institute of applied science and engineering

8. sumssense

sumssense Fapstronaut

@Adam Verner Thats awesome! I hadn't seen a sumo before. Is that a kit or did you make the body yourself? I'd love to see the sketch and how it's programmed once your done. What kind of motors are you using for the wheels?

I saw a tutorial on youtube to shape PVC pipe and thought it might make decent parts for a robot body in another project.

This was my last project, out of lego as it was only a temp bot to get some stuff off the roof which worked. Arduino, IR controlled, with a distance sensor behind the shovel to stop it from falling off the roof...

[​IMG]

9. Adam Verner

Adam Verner Fapstronaut

it's all custom made from aluminium, everything is done with handsaw and drill press, that's all i have. The breadboard on the top is just for quick prototyping. in the end there is lid on it with three signaling LED diodes. The motherboard is made just from prototyping board and lots of wires. the motors are 200 RPM bought from Ebay. I also bought the wheels, that was the most expensive thing on the entire robot, i bought them from FingerTech.
    Unfortunately i don't have any plans. When i'm building something i just remember it all in my head, sometimes i draw some sketches, but i throw them after i finish that part. but as i said if you want some plans i can reverse engineer them for you.

10. sumssense

sumssense Fapstronaut

Nice job on the body, aluminum can be a pain to get right without good tools! I don't need plans though. My next bot is going to be a autonomous BB-8 modified from a similar one I saw off youtube (as soon as I figure out a few more things first).

11. PaulTheRoman

PaulTheRoman Fapstronaut

Whoa :D Where did you get the schematics for that robot, sumssense?

12. sumssense

sumssense Fapstronaut

I'm glad you like it! No schematics I did it all my self. The electronics were the easy part... building the lego body strong enough was the tough part. This was about the 5th version of the body.

If you have any questions I'd be happy to answer