1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Do we have any Metalheads here?? Come and say Hi!!

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by InvisibleControl, May 18, 2016.

1. InvisibleControl

InvisibleControl Fapstronaut

How are you my fellow metalheads,and where are you from.
    This is an attempt to get to know the metalheads on this thread,and the bands they listen to.Nothing genre specific.

Metal has always motivated me to stay on the line rather then the edge,and If you feel that you had the same motivation as metal in your life feel free to share your experiences aswell.

Cheers and keep thrashing \,,/

2. SeeDee

SeeDee Fapstronaut

Yo!

I'm from California. I enjoy a large variety of metal styles, but I generally prefer styles that have a good groove and strong melody.

As I'm typing this (trying to specify my tastes) I'm realizing I enjoy metal music with a good groove and melody... EXCEPT melodic metal. Go figure.

I enjoy Pantera, Five Finger Death Punch, some progressive/djent stuff, Metallica, and YouTube channel guys like Pete Cottrell or Rob Scallon.

New Life Mantra 333 likes this.
  3. alex_sober

alex_sober Fapstronaut

Yes, fully metal made: RacerX, Dream Theater, Megadeth, Helloween, Metallica (Reload, yes!!), Iron Maidon (Somewhere in time), Machine Head.

4. InvisibleControl

Good to see you guys here,
    but do check these guys out,they are from my city,Give it a listen :

Have a fun day ahead \,,/

5. Arbor84

Arbor84 New Fapstronaut

Hello!

From Melbourne Australia, love Devin Townsend, Machine Head, The Ocean, Gojira, Deftones and many others. Music, no matter what genre is always an important tool for me on a daily basis! \m/

6. Ikindaknew

Ikindaknew Fapstronaut

Don't want to start a debate (flamesuit on), but you wankers, (yes I can say it you are on NoFap after all), are not in the know of real metal;

Real metal was the mid 80's. American and German scenes were vivid and very prolific.

Death, Dark Angel, the old days SLAYER, Possessed, Kreator, Venom, Bathory, Sodom, Onslaught!

Enjoy!

7. InvisibleControl

Not everyone has to be old school.I cant imagine meshuggah covering a morbid angel song or so.

8. Ikindaknew

Ikindaknew Fapstronaut

Just my own music tastes. My taste didn't progress after my teens. I listen to the old stuff in a way where there is no room for the new music, besides the usual good tune on the radio.

Do you like that Onslaught tune?

@alex_sober , I agree about Helloween....great band.

Last edited: May 20, 2016
  9. The Progressive One

The Progressive One Fapstronaut

Turning metal into a pissing contest is really virgin behavior. A true metal fan appreciates metal from any era in any style. I'm not a huge metalcore fan, but there are bits and pieces of it that I find interesting. Besides, old-school metal would be classic Priest, Sabbath, Motorhead and even Zeppelin.

10. Lucky1

Lucky1 Fapstronaut

Metal heads are omnipresent. of course there are some here.

11. SeeDee

SeeDee Fapstronaut

If I may butt in here, I don't think anyone is attempting to initiate a pissing contest. (Actually, I have this thing going on in a back alley tonight and you're all invited! Drink plenty of water...)
    We all form a special attachment to music we listen to at about 14 years of age. I believe he's just expressing that, and not necessaril. Putting down anything that was released one second after 11:59 PM December 31 1989.

12. The Progressive One

The Progressive One Fapstronaut

For my money, nothing comes close to Meshuggah or djent in general. It's like math class combined with headbangers' ball.

Some other groups of note: Dream Theater, Rage Against the Machine, Necrophagist, X Japan and many, MANY more.

13. New Life Mantra 333

New Life Mantra 333 Fapstronaut

Salutations Metal heads!

hey cheers invisible control for this thread, great idea!

i listen to all metal really, a bit of a traditionalist as i grew up in the late 80s/90s but i love everything from prog rock to black metal, im one of these guys that loves most metal without fencing myself into a particular genre, if its loud and has distorted gitars then i will probably like it!

grew up on traditional metal like Iron Maiden/megadeth/slayer/metallica etc all the good shit from the 80s then branched out into all genres, currently listening to a lot of Celtic and viking metal at the moment but it could be death/black/doom or otherwise tomorrow, either way i love all metal old and new!

hey invisible control, i like the bands from India you posted thats real cool stuff man and probably the first metal bands ive have ever heard from India, i didnt realise India had such a massive metal scene until i saw Iron maidens "flight 666" film when they played shows there, of course after watching "a head bangers journey" i should have guessed you guys would have your own metal bands too, it really warms my metal heart to know that metal music is now global .

Last edited: May 30, 2016
  14. New Life Mantra 333

hey SeeDee, great taste in bands also man,

i see you mentioned Rob Scallon, ive been watching him over the last few months and i have to say he is classic, really funny but with some great shredding skills to back it up, loved the latest banjo master of puppets video lol, and loved the binary metal vid he did with Fluff! metal mad libs etc, fun metal shenanigans....\m/

15. New Life Mantra 333

Hey ikindaknew, while i know exactly where you are coming from as im old school too but placing a divide between metal heads past and present leads to no-where but as you mention some awesome bands there i can see why its hard to accept the new stuff, if its not broken then why change it? etc, i get it!

either way you mentioned "Death" and of course that is the most sacred and most ultimate of metal bands ever, RIP Chuck schuldiner , metal God for all time! therefore you are understood and forgiven as far as im concerned!

16. Ikindaknew

Ikindaknew Fapstronaut

it was clear from my introductory comment (flame suit) that I was looking for a little fun ,nothing serious.

As for the bands you mention, I respect them a lot. I started with Iron Maiden, Ozzy and Motley crue. Then, Priest and a few others. Motorhead (lemmy and the old drummer) where pretty good in Ace of Spades videos.
    W.A.S.P was great also.
    But to me that music is barely heavy metal, that was rock.

I'm more of an heavy metal, speed metal, death metal, etc kinda guy.

But discussing music tastes is like religion....I respect others choices, especially musical choices.

I also like Techno rave music, which is TOTALLY another genre!

Last edited: May 20, 2016
  17. Ikindaknew

Ikindaknew Fapstronaut

Scream, Bloody, Gore!

But these 2 cats are not bad either:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Diamond

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quorthon

There will always be a special place in my heart for Quorthon from BATHORY.

The most consistent band for me is RUNNING WILD from Germany.
    This is my favorite band of all times, although its not as heavy as the other ones I mentioned.

18. New Life Mantra 333

Back to the beginning of all things heavy when metal was born screaming to the world, ya i love that shit man who wouldnt?

19. New Life Mantra 333

Here is a newish band TYR that i quite like, showing that all things new are not so bad, viking style type folk metal from the Faroe islands, clean style vocals but powerful, one of my favorite bands these days, lemme know what you think ?

vulture175 likes this.
  20. vulture175

vulture175 Fapstronaut