1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Do we have any Nine Inch Nails listeners here?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by InvisibleControl, May 14, 2016.

1. InvisibleControl

InvisibleControl Fapstronaut

Just wondering if there here any.Would love to talk music to get mind off things.

New Life Mantra 333 likes this.
  2. SeeDee

SeeDee Fapstronaut

Yes, if you'll accept "I won't change the channel when 'Animal' comes on the radio, usually."

I like hard rock with a little synth sometimes, but the angsty lyrics have to be at a minimum for me to really enjoy it. I much prefer "I'm going to punch everything in a five mile radius" angry to "I miss my mom" type lyrics.

3. InvisibleControl

Well to each his own.

SeeDee likes this.
  4. New Life Mantra 333

New Life Mantra 333 Fapstronaut

What kind of stuff you like?

im a huge metal fan but i like to keep it real with some 70 rock etc, but in general i like most music, folk,jazz,new age, classical, Reggae and some rap, never been a fan of nine inch nails but i do like their stuff!
    i think Nofap is a great site but its good to talk about other things to keep our minds busy with stuff that really matters to us like music etc, so kudos to you man , this is a cool thread!

just for a bit of fun gimme your top ten bands in any order!

5. SeeDee

SeeDee Fapstronaut

6. InvisibleControl

I am going to start a metal thread aswell.Somehwere all metalheads on this forum could trade music and talk metal music.

Top ten bands,Thats hard but here we go:

Pantera
    Decapitated
    Soreption
    Machine Head
    Killswitch Engage
    Job For A Cowboy
    The Haunted
    Superjoint Ritual
    Zygnema
    Bhayanak Maut

(All based on recent liking)
    Check the last two bands if you havent.They are from India,thats where I am from.Both the bands are monsters when it comes to bonecrushing metal.

I have a lot of metal bands to share and talk about aswell.\,,/

7. SeeDee

SeeDee Fapstronaut

I really enjoy some of the metal music being put out right now by some YouTube channels:

Rob Scallon
    Pete Cottrell
    Drewsif Stalin

Rob Chapman is a wonderfully entertaining guitar player (both his persona and his chops) and his band Dorje are amazing.

I can't listen to music right this minute but I'm excited to try Indian metal!

8. InvisibleControl

I love dorje and chappers aswell,here watch this

9. owler

owler Fapstronaut

Loved their sound track for Quake.

Gamerwife85 likes this.
  10. New Life Mantra 333

New Life Mantra 333 Fapstronaut

My top ten, in no particular order!

Iron maiden
    Megadeth
    Metallica
    Sepultura
    Pantera
    Slayer
    Blind guardian
    TYR
    Machine head
    Amorphis.

i guess my list is pretty much a top ten bands i grew up with during the 80s/90s but if i were to do a top 40 bands then there would be a lot more recent death/black metal bands also!

there are so many great bands ive heard so far ive just realised that trying to put them all in a "top list" is impossible, either way thats my early background in metal!

hey i listened to Zygnema just now, ya they are awesome , first death metal band from India ive ever heard, really good stuff those guys are badass!

11. RecoveringScoundrel

RecoveringScoundrel Fapstronaut

Hell yes, love Trent Reznor. It used to be my Christmas Day tradition to go for a long drive and listen to The Downward Spiral in it's entirety. It helped coped with all the forced joy on a non-specific December day.

12. Ikindaknew

Ikindaknew Fapstronaut

I like "animal", I bought the single! Quite the "head trip". But I prefer Skinny Puppy.

Assimilate!!!!!!!!!!