1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The slaughter of gay night clubbers

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by IGY, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Moogie

Moogie Fapstronaut

They are saying the shooter is gay himself.

2. Moogie

Moogie Fapstronaut

More people are killed with hammers then rifles. Most people are shot with hand guns

3. himmelstoss

himmelstoss Fapstronaut

Yeah, the associated press says he was a regular at that bar, tried to pick up men there, and used gay dating apps. If you ask me I think he shot the place up because someone stealth-pozzed him.

4. Child of God

Child of God Fapstronaut

It is interesting you say this, because there so happens to be groups in existence who believe something along those lines. There are groups of Muslims who interpret their religion in this way, and they are not just cults. They are trying to form nations. And they hate us.

They do not hate us in the way you say some of us hate them, like when we advocate for preventative measures against them or speak out against them. They truely dispise us for who we are and want to kill us! They do kill us in droves, like in the tragedy in Orlando last weekend.

When someone hates you like this, you cannot stop them by "discouraging their faith and teaching them it is incorrect". I'm sorry if you disagree. But you can't teach a murderer with a gun that killing is wrong before he pulls the trigger.

5. Exterminator

Exterminator Fapstronaut

You already pointed out the major difference;i'm aren't going to shoot up a bunch of muslims.I already stated that I have no problem with muslims but with Islam as a religion that hasn't reformed since it's inception and disporportantly spreads violence.I don't see how I'm hateful for not wanting an ideology that has thousands of members ready to strike the west in my country.

6. I agree and there is not a black and white answer even after studying the religions in question. In Catholcism and several of the other major Christian denominations there is additional literature and figures of authority that clearly define what the religion consists of. Islam and Judaism are similar but seem far more fragmented and localized. And of course even in Christianity, especially in the US, there many groups claiming to be Christian and using Christian texts but what they actually believe and how it relates to the texts is unclear or bizarre ...and within that group some of those are insane and violent.

So I think there are 2 points in respect to this. 1) How do the different dominant strains of religious authority define the religion. And how clear is this authority in the religion (Can priests rabbis imams make their own variations on interpretation yet still be authorities) 2) How hard or easy is it for someone to study the texts on their own (ignoring the religious authorities) and draw violent conclusions.

Sure but in this respect Islam and Christianity are neither comparable nor proportional. Indeed in the old testament verses exist that appear to be hateful, violent, intolerant, and do not condemn things like slavery and murder etc. etc. But the old testament is not a law book. It contains laws but most of it is poetry, history, myths and allegory. And there is also the obvious point that Christianity is about Christ. So cherry picking old testament verses and jumping to conclusions that are directly in conflict with the new testament is clearly unreasonable.

I should have said societies wanting to be free open and inclusive

7. WalkingForward

WalkingForward Fapstronaut

We need honest discussions about Islam, Islamism and Jihadism. But that dumb Donald Duck fuck doesn't know what he's talking about.

8. Moogie

Moogie Fapstronaut

He just saying that to get votes.

WalkingForward likes this.
  9. New Life Mantra 333

New Life Mantra 333 Fapstronaut

i just dont get why Americans cant find a common middle ground on this topic, if you dont want your guns taken away but you dont want mass-shootings then why not just tighten up your laws with proper checks , training periods, gun licences and at least 3 months clerance periods???, i saw a news report the other day and a news reporter walked into a gun shop and bought an Ar-15 rifle just like the one the Orlando shooter used and bareley any questions were asked, he even timed himself and the whole process took 15 minutes to aquire the gun, to me that is borderline insanity as it means any maniac or someone who is simply having a bad day can aquire such weapons to do whatever they want, it really makes no sense to me, can anyone explain to me why the gun system is so casual over there???

Deleted Account likes this.
  10. Moogie

Moogie Fapstronaut

Then people will just start using bombs.

11. In Florida, there is a 3 day waiting period. You buy the gun, leave without it, wait for the approvals and paperwork to be filed, then can pick up the gun 3 days later if everything checks out. In many states, the waiting period is longer (10 days where I am, for example). It is extremely uncommon to be able to just walk in and buy a gun from a store in 15 minutes, with no checks in the United States. That was a horribly misleading news report you watched.

12. Child of God

Child of God Fapstronaut

@KitShicker is totally right, this is a horrendously misreported topic. And only entirely from one side. Guns are way harder to acquire in the US than pretty much anyone inside or outside of the US thinks. There is a higher availability of guns and gun types, but still fairly rigorous checks that are required. A "maniac" with any history at all absolutely cannot walk into a gun store and walk out with an AR-15 (which I'm 99% sure wasn't the gun actually used in Orlando anyway).

13. himmelstoss

himmelstoss Fapstronaut

The orlando shooter used a sig sauer MCX and at least one gun shop turned him away. Can't even get the murder weapon right

14. New Life Mantra 333

New Life Mantra 333 Fapstronaut

ok prehaps the news report was bias or incorrect, either way i hope you guys can find a middle ground on this debate so that everyone is safer etc that was my only sentiment!

15. IGY

IGY Guest

Calm down boy - that is what was reported by the media.

16. himmelstoss

himmelstoss Fapstronaut

Even watching tv is a pretty bad idea right now. Case in point: everyone in this thread pushing for "reasonable" gun laws and talking just like piers morgan

17. BlueDevil

BlueDevil Fapstronaut

There is definitely something wrong in the US, and I say that as a native. Something insane's going on and it's systematic. The sheer number of mass killings in the past 10 years, in universities and elementary schools, at the marathon and the gay club, the churches and mosques, the movie theaters and government buildings and economic trade centers... it's all just ridiculous.

I mean, it's true, it is general human nature for this to happen once in a blue moon. But those... "were", the nuts. The Oklahoma City bombing for instance, and plenty of outlying cases in Europe, it happens everywhere at some point. But the concentration and frequency in the US lately is astounding, I also am at a point where if a full 30 days goes by and a mass killing or a white-cop-"accidentally"-kills-black-guy scenario doesn't happen, I'm actually surprised and strangely disappointed, as if someone forgot to deliver my lunch. It is far too regular, and it's scary. Like others have said, I don't think banning guns necessarily will help (even though personally I'm in favor of just getting rid of guns all together), the same people will just find something else to do it with, be it a bomb or even a sword, when someone's determined enough, they find a method and create an opportunity.

What we have is a culture issue somewhere, and I couldn't tell you exactly what it is. This isn't reduced to east coast or west coast, it's not north or south, it's not Muslim or evangelical Christian, no one religion or even "nones" that become the aggressors. I don't think any of those things could be blamed squarely. It has to be something subversive that no one is considering. In this forum of course, we want to draw lines to widespread P use, we see how subtle its horrible effects are, though obviously none of us have posited a firm tie there either. But maybe it's something like that? Maybe it's the fact that the internet exists, and we all have access to too much information, or too specific of communities. Places where people can escape to online to find like-minded (sick) individuals to validate whatever bizarre and fringe opinion they might have. Places where they can get information to devise mass violence machines. Places where they can post selfies of their rampages and garner Likes and retweets. Places that offer those micro-dopamine hits and encourage constant attention seeking, and e-rage outlets.

I mean, is this not the sort of thing that lead us to an election where not many people feel really clear on which, if any candidate, they'd rather have running our country from the top position? An election cycle like this was absolutely inconceivable in the past 20 years, I thought Obama's first race was the most divisive election I'd seen to date when it happened, but now look! What habits has our general culture lazily fallen into that produce such mutual resentment at every level now? To a point where some campaign rallies have actually narrowly missed becoming incidents like this seen in Orlando?

To be further cynical, I almost doubt ISIS' involvement here, I think they just want to redirect any demented "Likes" their way for some e-cred. Otherwise, this guy may as well have been some PUA-obsessed teen in Cali, or PTSD vet, or the guy in South Carolina, I mean... I've heard every people, race, orientation, and creed (including atheism!) be blamed for something like this now, I don't think any of those can actually be held accountable at this point. They're all guilty.

18. Child of God

Child of God Fapstronaut

It is just a poor situation. I don't think all the people who think America's gun laws are messed up have a problem, they just see all the crap the media feeds them. Blame the media.

19. himmelstoss

himmelstoss Fapstronaut

You don't have to watch anything the msm shits out. Youd think the people on this forum would know that

Child of God likes this.
  20. Child of God

Child of God Fapstronaut

I have thought about this before. The idea is compelling, that this much radical change in the world can mess it up. But more than compelling, it is scarey, impossible to counter, and impossible to confirm. Really, there is no way to know for sure how deep the problem goes, or if it exsist at all.