1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

250 days DONE: Get in, Get better and Get on with your life

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by SolidSoldier, Jun 18, 2016.

1. I am passionate about being an effective person and I am passionate about getting back to core values that each human has within. There are certain differences between men and women and I tend to lean towards manliness since I am a man. I respect the differences of the sexes and I am of the opinion that understanding those differences and appreciating how to cultivate your own will lead you to becoming an effective powerful person.

What does it mean to be a man?
    To me being a man means being a provider, protector and guardian. A man knows what his limits are and what he can do with his body. His physical strength is constantly being tested and trained, while his mental wit and intelligence follows a similar strictness. I believe we should, as men, have careful reactions to things - making sure to not get too emotional. Emotion leads to irrational thinking and poor actions. We should be comfortable with who we are and know that wherever we go we have the upper hand, we should be confident. A man would not be arrogant with his confidence, but humble in the fact that all are his teachers, some teach us what to do and some teach us what not to do.

There should be a sense of ones own capabilities, especially in providing for our partners and family. In today’s world we don’t have to hunt for food, but we do have to keep a secure position in society; wherever that may be. We need to learn the crafts and how to use our hands. It doesn’t hurt to be able to start a fire in the wild or catch wild food if we have too. Being sharp at all times, we should be mentally sound and able to find places using maps and not end up in situations we don’t know how to get out of.

We are guardians of tradition and culture. We aught to hold things within our lineage and pass knowledge down to those younger. Teaching a boy to be a man is part of our manliness. Men should learn from their mistakes and be able to guide others so they don’t have to take the same path. Hold something dear to you and stand up for it. Have courage in your convictions. This means not backing down because someone disagrees or has another opinion. Don’t feel defensive and you won’t have to defend yourself. Remember, you have the upper hand with confidence. That means you need to be knowledgable about the given subject.

Guard your strength and voice in this world and people will respect you. Have something to stand up for and keep it. Never let the actions of others offend you. Guard your equanimity. Be peaceful in dangerous situations, but don’t drop your guard. Men are excellent guardians.

You see what protector, provider and guardian mean, now you have to cultivate it

Train physically, regularly

Get in tune with your muscles and endurance. Often times you will learn much more than exercise in the process of physical fitness. Find out what you are made of and how far you can push, then slowly work on increasing that barrier.

Study the great minds of history
    Read autobiographies of wise minds. It is easier to relate to male authors if you are a man. Mark Twain is a good example. In his day, and time before him, men were expected to know a thing or two about boxing. As you grew up you just learned how to defend yourself. You learned how to work hard and that lineage was passed down from father to son.

Explore beliefs, get one and stick to it
    How can someone who says he doesn’t really know what to think about life earn any respect? Start exploring the options and dive in. Having some culture and tradition to follow gives people purpose and meaning in their life. This often, and should, leads to self-discovery. That will be the biggest benefit of your studies. Don’t be ignorant to the world’s people, find out what you want to be a part of. People can appreciate someone who stands for something, that assumes you’re on your feet heading somewhere.

Help others
    I can’t stress this enough. As men we need to use our natural talents and lend a hand. Be aware of those little moments when you are out in town. There is always someone who needs help. Offer your lifting help at the store, open doors, put things back when someone left something out. Be observant and exude an attitude of service. A life without selfless service is hardly worth living, you are essentially just taking up space. Help your fellow man.

Don’t be shy

Speak up every now and then. Make yourself known and get involved. This can be extremely positive at work in a boss/employee relationship. Be valuable and contribute. Dullards keep quiet, stay in the background and try not to ruffle any feathers. Be bold but also be respectful. Understand the boundaries of rank and push just enough so the boss ends up needing you on the team. That is called synergy.

Show people respect and honor
    Don’t assume the worst in people, look them in the eye and act with some respect. You don’t know where people have been and what they have had to do to survive. Grow up and treat people the way you would like to be treated.

In the end you will find your own groove. Some of these character traits will help while you discover the man in you. This is not a treatise in superiority, it is an amendment to your birthright. You were born a man, now straighten up and act like one. Leave the childish activity behind and teach by example.

Never forget:
    Suit up, toughen up and get your life back

2. strongman

strongman Guest

3. Shekhar95

Shekhar95 Guest

This is AWESOME. Being a MAN is something big.

Thank you for this fantastic post.

SolidSoldier likes this.
  4. Never_Return_There

Never_Return_There Fapstronaut

This is a great success ! I congratulate you for that !

SolidSoldier likes this.
  5. kakmanu

kakmanu New Fapstronaut

6. Earl Sweatshirt

Earl Sweatshirt Fapstronaut

Awesome! Let's win some more!

SolidSoldier likes this.
  7. good going, Soldier. Keep it up.