1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

My Journey to Self-mastery And Becoming The Strongest Version of Myself

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by fapshooter, Apr 28, 2014.

1. fapshooter

fapshooter Fapstronaut

Day 1
    Hello everyone!
    I am 17 years old high school student from the middle east, I have been struggling with masturbation since I was 14, and like the most of you, I experienced all the harmful effects that comes with it: Weakness, fatigue, lack of motivation, social anxiety, acne, guilt and self resentment..etc.
    I came across the NoFap months ago but didn't consider to partake in the challenge, I read a lot about sexual transmutation and how to cultivate the sexual energy to transform my life, and that is the main reason why I am here; I want to achieve all the goals I've set to myself and be the best in everything I do.

I will try to share my progress with you everyday so you can grow stronger as well! :D

2. Ibrahim Haidar

Ibrahim Haidar Fapstronaut

The strongest version of yourself, huh? Fan of Elliott Hulse?

I'm 18, also from the middle east (as my name implies).Where exactly are you from?
    Unlike you I've been stuck with it since 11, I quit for two years at around age 15 then went downhill at another growth spurt im guessing.Also going to study abroad didn't help my cause.Looking forward to getting to know you

3. BJsHope

BJsHope Fapstronaut

Welcome, fapshooter! Kudos to you for making this decision so young. Don't give up, and you will be well able to meet your goals.

Keep the faith!

4. NoFapChallenge

NoFapChallenge Fapstronaut

For better man that you become , for more honest man with deeper conscious , and seeing this in better light, seeing the world aorund and trying to grasp its meaning. And for finding better women (for those who haven't done that already), because there are things more important that dopamine rush !

5. fapshooter

fapshooter Fapstronaut

Nice to meet you Ibrahim! Yes I'm a big fan of Elliot Hulse and I spent a lot of my time studying his work. I'm from Iraq but I've been in Jordan for over 7 years.
    Thanks for sharing your story!

Thank you all for your support, I'll keep you guys updated with my progress! :)

6. Ibrahim Haidar

Ibrahim Haidar Fapstronaut

Ah nice, I have a friend studying pharmacology in Jordan actually. He's also from Iraq. We both grew up together in kuwait then we moved on.

If u ever need anyone to talk to please come to me, I'm at medschool so its hard to always be free but I'll try :p

7. fapshooter

fapshooter Fapstronaut

Day 0?
    I relapsed this morning, I usually MO at that time, I'll try to fill every morning with work so I keep my mind off of it.

8. fapshooter

fapshooter Fapstronaut

Day 3
    Everything is going great! I can feel this "energy" growing more and more! I am more alert and more aggressive. I almost slipped several times these days but every time I think about MO, I just remember why I am doing this and all the support that you guys provide. The forum is filled with success stories and people who want to change as much as I do, so I feel that we have a common goal to achieve, and by receiving help from you, I can help others too.

I came across this article http://www.calmdownmind.com/channel-your-sexual-energy/ 2 weeks ago, and as I said before, I am doing nofap so I can cultivate my sexual energy, I believe that this energy is the key to greatness and it's the force that will accelerate anyone to success in life. I hope that this article will help you to learn how to use this energy the right way.

Last edited: May 3, 2014
  9. fapshooter

fapshooter Fapstronaut

Day 7

Today I accomplished my first goal - I've gone 7 days without PMO, the task wasn't very difficult as I've been very busy with school, My final exams starts next week so I'll be very busy in the upcoming days, hopefully that will keep my mind off of PMO. My next goal is to reach 30 days without relapsing.

10. fapshooter

fapshooter Fapstronaut

Day 9
    Today I spent all of my time home, the urges are less frequent but they go as easy as they come.
    I am amazed how abstaining from PMO for 9 days changed the way I think and look at things, I am more motivated, I procrastinate less in my work and I just want to get up and do Sh*t! :D

11. fapshooter

fapshooter Fapstronaut

Day 13
    Every time I decide not to masturbate I would go 7-10 without PMO, but I end up relapsing, giving in for PMO for another month before trying to quit again, I have been fighting PMO for almost 2 years.

This time it's different.

Yesterday I was laying down on my bed, trying to fight against the urge so I can sleep, and as I almost gave up I suddenly remembered why I'm I doing this, I closed my eyes and started to navigate through my past, It was like trying to dive deep into my mind (I hope you understand what I'm saying), I moved between the "images" of every bad thing that happened to me because of this addiction, then I moved through all the successes I had till now, and finally I imagined what I can become if I continue the fight and never give in. Suddenly, the urge vanished and I felt like I already won the battle, perhaps I did! :)

12. Bazooka Tooth

Bazooka Tooth Fapstronaut

Strongest version of yourself? Do you listen to a lot of what Elliot Hulse says?

13. fapshooter

fapshooter Fapstronaut

Day 19
    I apologize for not posting lately, I've been busy with school work.
    I am almost 3 weeks fapfree and I am feeling "good", There is no magic happening these last days but I do notice an improvement on my skin complexion, It's far less oily now and I get less pimples! Wow!
    for those who say that MO and acne are not related then you can search and see for yourselves that there are many who stopped getting acne when they quit MO, I will soon be the next living proof lol!

And check out this video, This guy gets the true message that nofap is trying to deliver.

Edit: I had a wet dream 2 days ago, I read from forum that some people get this when they have "extra energy" , But I don't remember having a strong urge the night before.

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  14. fapshooter

fapshooter Fapstronaut

Day 21
    I think less about PM nowadays, and I spent the last 2 days studying hard, I have an exam tomorrow! :(

15. fapshooter

fapshooter Fapstronaut

Day 23
    Today I had a farewell party with all the senior students in my high school, I haven't seen most of these people in 3 weeks, which is approximately the time since I started Nofap, and I felt that a lot of those people saw something different in me; I flirted a lot more with girls and got a good overall responses from them, some even said that I was "extra-cute"! nothing magical happened but there was a noticeable improvement regarding my behavior around people.

Tomorrow I have another exam, Must Stay Focused!

16. fapshooter

fapshooter Fapstronaut

Day 25
    There's something that's bothering me today, every time I meet a girl and she acts nice, I spend the rest of my day thinking and fantasizing about her, not in a sexual way, but just imagining what kind of life I'll be living with her, Instead of approaching to girls and just talking with them, I always take a step back and start fantasizing, I know that this won't get me anywhere, but I'd like to hear about your thoughts on this subject? Nofap doesn't cure everything.

17. Ferdydurke

Ferdydurke Fapstronaut

"for those who say that MO and acne are not related then you can search and see for yourselves that there are many who stopped getting acne when they quit MO, I will soon be the next living proof lol!"

Wow. I'm have acne on my back for the past 3-4-5 years (i'm not sure) and I never knew what caused it. First I thought it was because I lived really unhealthy when I moved out of my parent's house (lot of alcohol, no vegetables, no fruit, no exercise, etc) but last year I've been eating a lot better and drinking a lot less but still having the acne. After I read your message (and after 31 days without PMO or MO) I checked my back again in the mirror of my bathroom and I think the acne is less then I can remember. I'm really not sure, maybe I'm imagining things, but thanks anyway, that's another reason to keep this challenge going.

About your last post I don't think your progressing on that point. I myself have been single for 4 years now and I rarely encounter women at all. But up until now when I did and they were somewhat nice to me I immediately got the ideas you are referring to. What would it like to be together, she must like me because she's talking to me, etc etc. I now think you (and I) should focus more on the conversation, the reason my conversations with girls were so lame (and with most male strangers too) was that I wasn't ever talking about something i'm interested in myself, I wasn't taking them seriously because I thought like: they wouldn't understand, or they will think i'm crazy. So I talked about stuff I thought they would be interested in, which doesn't work at all. In my current streak I really don't take offense in other peoples opinions on stuff that I do care about anymore, not that i'm not interested but when I do talk honestly about what I think and who I am, I see that other people know that i'm talking the truth and finding me 10x more interesting. I don't have to think about how to keep conversations going, that's what made them so obnoxious for me. I also acknowledge that I was only trying to flirt with women who showed interest in me but mostly for the wrong reasons (I think) because they didn't really know me, because I never talked about my most personal thoughts. If you do, I kinda think you can reverse this. you don't have to avoid or approach random women, in a true conversation they will get to know you and whether they like you or not (and vice versa). I dated women I didn't even really like (both personality and body) because I thought these rare moments were the chances I had to grab. I would say, take women seriously in telling stuff that you care about. Of course in context of the current conversation.

Long post sorry about that.

18. fapshooter

fapshooter Fapstronaut

Thanks for posting Ferdydurke, It's getting a bit lonely in this thread!

In the past 1-2 years I discovered that my acne is related to O because I stopped it for a month and saw HUGE improvements in my complexion, so I experimented with ejaculating and quitting for a certain period of time, here is a summary of my findings:
    Day 0
    -Skin gets really oily after 1-2 hours of ejaculation.
    -Existing pimples gets more irritated and swollen with increasing in its "redness".

Day 1:
    - New pimples are visible (about 5-9 including neck), many of them are "underneath the skin" with no white heads and large size.
    - Skin still oily.

Day 4-5
    -No improvement on existing pimples but there are much less new pimples (3-4).
    -On day 4 the skin is not as much as oily as Day 0

Day 7
    -Very few pimples appear, only the scarring of old pimples stays with reduced redness.

Day 14 - 30
    - Skin is no longer oily.
    - Only 1-2 small pimples appear with no redness and irritation.

I repeated this experiment several times over the course of the last year, lasting for 1-5 weeks, and although the numbers I gave you are an estimation, the results were consistent with what I what I'm seeing now in those 26 days, acne is related to ejaculation. I had a wet dream on Day 17 so I experienced an acne breakout at that time, It's sad that I cannot ejaculate without getting acne but I hope that this problem will solve itself in the coming years after I'm done with adolescence.

And about your last point, I can relate to what you're saying about the necessity to take include my personal thoughts when talking to women. I have a male friend that I met him about 7 months ago, he's a good guy but we never truly became friends , now that you've mentioned the need to have a true conversation I remembered that we always talked about a whole bunch of topics without including our personal thoughts, till now I don't even know what he likes and his goals or ambitions. So thanks for the advice, it's an eye opener for me.

19. fapshooter

fapshooter Fapstronaut

Day 27
    Nothing special happened lately, I'm spending most of my time studying, and I'm kinda nervous about the upcoming tests!

"The temptation to quit will be the greatest just when you're about to succeed."

20. fapshooter

fapshooter Fapstronaut

Day 29
    Getting some really painful blue balls lately, but I can't wait for tomorrow!