1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Game of Thrones isn't what it used to be

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by acr007, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Themadfapper

Themadfapper Fapstronaut

Ramsey skinning Theon [ Reek] in the most painful manner he could devise over weeks and weeks of torture that Ramsey took overt delight in, slowing cutting off his dick [ sent it to his sister] and his fingers bit by bit to make it as painful as possible, bringing in cruel women to seduce and torment the now cockless Theon and mocking him. These things didn't bother you or make you want to quit the show? I'm pretty sure Theon got "raped" along with the other horrible things he suffered. The act of rape just paled in comparison to all the other outrages committed against Theon. Not to mention all the mental tortures devised by Ramsey for Theon [Reek]. Ramsey broke Theon and made him into a gimp creature to further torture and humiliate him, Reek [ Theon] was Ramsey's loyal servant who betrayed his own blood [ sister] in service of Ramsey.

As far as Ramsey[ who is one seriously sick twisted sadistic evil person] goes Sansa was treated quite nicely due to him having to keep her in good condition since he needed a healthy Stark bride to bear a child for him to secure his place as Warden of the north. The feigned outrage in social media over such a tame scene when there was so much far worse is disturbing. What is even more disturbing is that maybe it wasn't feigned, and that such bigotry is a common thing?

2. Jehu2077

Jehu2077 Fapstronaut

Theons ordeal didn't bother because he was a disgusting little turncoat who murdered children, so no, didn't upset my sensibilities that much. Sansa was betrayed by someone she trusted and raped to the point of being made physically immobile,that's being not treated well.
    What happened to theon was sick but i was more upset about an innocent kid getting murdered in front of his brother.
    You're right though, it's all pretty disgusting and unsettling. No one deserves what was done to Theon, even murderers of children.

3. Themadfapper

Themadfapper Fapstronaut

I didn't really see Theon as a traitor. He was given to the Starks as a hostage when he was a child. Theon was misguided and foolish and he did some very stupid things. He got into a desperate situation and acted wrongly. It's not 2016 in the USA in game of thrones, it's a bloody war with people getting slaughtered in hand to hand combat. Regardless Ramsey didn't do the things he did to Theon as a punishment, and only used Theon's guilt to further torture him. If Ramsey really thought Theon was an evil twisted fellow if anything it might have endeared Theon to him.

While Theon got some of the worst torture I've seen described in a book. What Ramsey did to his step-mother [ who came across as very nice likeable lady] and baby brother was pretty nasty as well ' feeding them alive to his hounds' and he did it in typical Ramsey fashion. He called them into the kennel under a friendly warm pretense that his father wanted to see them, then he taunted them that his father/ her husband was dead , that he had murdered him, and slowly let the hounds out for the fear and horror to build up within her, and for the mother to see the horror of watching her infant son being eaten alive by hounds.

He could have still killed them in painless fashion, but he did it in the cruelest way possible to indulge his sadistic pleasure.

4. nomo

nomo Fapstronaut

I found it interesting that the GOT author wrote 5-books and that was what the first 5 series was based on. Now that there are no more books to follow, season 6 is boring for me. I lost my HBO GO subscription and now I'm not renewing it, because GOT has lost it's appeal for me.
    It was so good at times, but now it's boring.

5. Red Eagle

Red Eagle Fapstronaut

The first 4 seasons are based on the first 3 books. From book 4 onward the show has changed drastically not representing the story of the books very well anymore. Season 5 is based on book 4 and 5 which are actually just one gigantic book. The only reason they got it into one season is because season 5 is when they started to put story arks together (like Sansas story and what happens at Winterfell. In the books she never gets married to Ramsay) and kill off more and more characters that are still alive in the books to save screen time for the more important ones. There are plenty of storylines in the books that are also cut from the show. So I wouldn't compare the show to the books anymore. A feast for crows and A dance with dragons were not really meant to be put on screen anyway.

Jehu2077 likes this.
  6. Jehu2077

Jehu2077 Fapstronaut

Very true. They're basically two tellings of a similar story at this point. I'll bet the end outcome will basically be the same, but everything else from who is ruling to who is living will probably be quite different. Or maybe not. GRRM said yes and no to there being spoilers in the coming seasons so he can do whatever he wants, and the show writers can do whatever they want.
    Admittedly most of what's in the books would make for poor TV.

7. Red Eagle

Red Eagle Fapstronaut

Yes correctly. Especially book 4 and 5 lack action and would not have satisfied the average viewer by trying to duplicate the show as close as possible to the books. Hardhome for example is one example that never happened in the books or at least not in the way we saw on the show. It was added because otherwise season 5 would not have it's high point like every other season had.

8. xedger

xedger Guest

I was thinking about GOT and PMO yesterday and spontaneously came up with the word 'thronanism'. Felt very smug and clever.

I only watched the first season and I have always thought that was what the show was designed for.