1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Free the Nipple

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Jae, Jun 21, 2016.

What's your stance on the Free the Nipple Campaign?

1. I fully support it.

18.5%
  2. It's dumb as hell.

57.6%
  3. I don't really care.

23.9%
  1. Veritech

Veritech Fapstronaut

In Ontario, Canada, it is completely legal for a female to be topless.

More than 20 years ago Gwen Jacob successfully challenged a criminal law against women going topless, arguing that it violated the non-discrimination clause of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms (similar to Equal Protection Clause of the 14th Amendment of the US Constitution).

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/women-s-topless-court-victory-20-years-later-1.1026403

I have yet to see any topless women since it became legal.

Even with the choice to do so, not many women have chosen to "free" their nipples.

2. Veritech and WalkingForward like this.
  3. Calvinklein

Calvinklein Fapstronaut

Honestly i think its dumb as hell. Also i think as said before if women start walking toplesstopless incedence of rape will increase. I am not saying its the victims fault in a rape but if someone keeps money lying exposed there is a chance i will take it when no one is around. Its just an example though, i wont rape. And again i am not saying victim has a major role. But if a little security can save you your money then why not?

Lone_Wolf likes this.
  4. Shazy

Shazy Fapstronaut

Dumbest thing to be done .. Those r boobs .. Nipples r meant to suck ..
    I just love sucking boobs ..

Sean Begone and Cockyau like this.
  5. IGY

IGY Guest

Nipples are meant to be sucked - yeah - by a woman's baby! Or maybe you like your nappy changed as well, lol :p

6. Women should have the freedom to walk around topless if they want. Been to a country where this was regularly done. Nothing sexual about it. It's silly really. We should not limit women's freedom just because certain men can't control themselves.

7. Dizzy Lotus

Dizzy Lotus Fapstronaut

Do you think men should have that freedom, too? And from what age?

8. Which freedom, exactly? Going topless? I believe men already have that freedom, and from infancy.

9. CerealKiller

CerealKiller Fapstronaut

I think the notion has to be taken into consideration.

There is the world we want, and the world we live in.
    The world we want would let women be topless, would let more men be daycare/preschool/kindergarten teachers, and would allow everyone to own a firearm without scrutiny.
    The world we live in is where women who dress provocatively can attract very unwanted attention, men are most assumed to be pedos, and the countries that let people own guns have mass shootings very frequently.

Some things in this world are very hard to obtain. It sucks. The thought of equality is nice. But it's just not go down well.

10. JustinX

JustinX Fapstronaut

I actually support this campaign, but don't get me wrong: if I saw a women walking in the city topless I would still think she is dumb as fuck, but I am thinking exactly same thing if I see I guys in my city (London) walking topless (yes, that sometimes happens even at Oxford Street). That is basically not appropriate. However if a guy or girl want to be topless on beach, I don't see a reason why they couldn't be.

11. Flyingsmiley

Flyingsmiley Fapstronaut

No offense to you, but I think what you are talking about is the country you live in. In the country I live in nudity, even complete and in public, is perfectly legal as long as you don't harass anyone or literally fuck in front of others. And to me this doesn't affect the statistics to any mentionable degree. [1][2]
    We also rank in top 4 of worldwide gun ownerships per capita and still rank very low on firearm deaths. [3]
    I have to admit that our daycare/preschool/kindergarten teachers are mostly female, too. [4] But I for myself would have attributed that to a lack of interest by men, which for sure has social roots.

What I want to say is: Many men are morons and most women are not and it is not ok, to restrict their freedom just to keep ignoring the problem of highly uneducated people running around freely and even being empowered by law.

zauvek likes this.
  12. MsPants

MsPants Guest

I think the issue should be about covering up men as well, rather than exposing women to men that are crude. There is the issue in schools that have been there forever...girls are not allowed to wear anything "revealing" because the boys cannot control themselves and it is not fair to make boys accountable for their actions. That is just wrong. We should all control ourselves. Not blame another for us being aroused by what we see. We all have control and decide whether or not to take control or act out. I am not in favour of women going topless, but equality is a must. So men should cover up to keep things simple. Society creates oversexualization of women and women suffer for it. We get blamed for being sexual, but it really is about men being overly sexual and assuming women are doing anything for their "pleasure". This view is wrong. Level the playing field, rather than blaming women for men having lack of control and viewing women only as sex objects.

And this is a cultural issue. North American culture is based on Puritan tradition that women are evil and men have no control over their sexual desires. Countries around the world have very different views about nudity.

Sean Begone likes this.
  13. Calvinklein

Calvinklein Fapstronaut

Just a thought
    Wouldnt it be awkward if a girl goes topless in the beach in front of their dad and brothers. Also hearing your friends talk about your sister's boobs. Not trying to be a dick though.

Jae likes this.
  14. KingRecover17

KingRecover17 Fapstronaut

15. Jae

Jae Fapstronaut

Wow, what?

16. Jae

Jae Fapstronaut

It's not about being topless on beaches. (Isn't that what nudist beaches are for?) It's about FULL equality. Walking topless down the street and shit, ya know?

17. Jae

Jae Fapstronaut

I feel like they might as well pass a law for full public nudity if they're gunna allow women to walk around topless.

Already women are dressing more and more like husseys. Having their asses hanging out of their shorts. Or wearing skin tight leggings. Crop tops, even.

It's like modesty doesn't even exist in America anymore. Girls feel the need to be half naked and they're still pressing for more skin to be shown.

18. Dr.NoFap

Dr.NoFap Fapstronaut

Peeing, Pooping, vomiting, burping, and farting are all natural but I have to cover up or do it in private. Why is breastfeeding the only thing that's scrutinized? Cover up.

Lone_Wolf likes this.
  19. Dizzy Lotus

Dizzy Lotus Fapstronaut

Hm, I didn't know that, I thought it was punishable in the Netherlands. I guess I should try sometime [​IMG]

20. Dizzy Lotus

Dizzy Lotus Fapstronaut

Seriously though, in the Netherlands, most girls show so much more skin than guys...