1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Futurologist: women will have more sex with robots than men by 2025

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Lazarus Shuttlesworth, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Lol
    Well just the boring ones, permanently stuck in early adolescence who don't know what they want... And that will prob be the majority

2. melancholy king

melancholy king Fapstronaut

Technology is an incredibly fast growing industry, what the guy said is probably not very far from the truth. I mean they don't just mean sex toys would replace people having sex, they mean robots at, or even beyond human capabilities. So basically, you would have a deep, emotional, and sexual connection with a robot more so than a human. The thing that I don't understand about all of this though is exactly what would be the point of even having sex, considering that all the biological reasons (procreation mainly) were eliminated? I mean sex is an incredibly vulnerable act, I doubt a being that didn't have ample reason for doing so would ever bother with it. Futurists love to make everything in the future out to be better and more technology oriented, however, when it comes to sex, its just one of those things that would increasingly be deemed obsolete.

Lazarus Shuttlesworth likes this.
  3. Ikindaknew

Ikindaknew Fapstronaut

I cannot see that happening, but we'll see.

4. I don't think it's gonna happen by 2025. That's just too fast. Judging by all the past predictions people have huge tendency to dramatically undershot those predicament dates. More like maybe by 2150, or maybe even 2500s. Also I am sure real human to human sex won't disappear. There will always be people who will have different sexual tastes. It's unreasonable to say that EVERYBODY will have same sexual taste. It makes sense that they would write those things tho on that "news" website, cos it sounds controversial and gets more hits and more peole talking.

I'm sure eventually we will have AI walking around in human-like bodies. Going to work, being in romantic and sexual relationships with humans, contemplating the existence, etc. Maybe fighting for their rights to be equal the same as gay people are fighting now. "We are also equal, just because our bodies are not made up from biological material does not make us less of a sentient beings"! Ugh... the problems of future...

5. melancholy king

melancholy king Fapstronaut

Sex toys are already fairly popular today (don't know the exact percentages, but it seems common) so sex toys being in virtually every household in the next 10 or so years isn't shocking. Also comparing past predictions to today's (predictions use mainly via Moore's Law and other industry analysis) is a little off, like if I were to tell you that smartphones 5 years from now will be dramatically more powerful than the current versions (assuming people would still use smartphones 5 years from now that is) you probably wouldn't be surprised. Futurists today view current trends (trends based on analytics I might add) and simply expect them to maintain the same course in the years to follow, now it isn't full proof, after all trends don't continue forever, but its the best way to predict the future there is.

I want to be clear that they aren't talking about some kind of dystopian world where people are isolated and depressed all the time, its one where people want to be that way or don't feel any need to go outside. It won't be like PMO exactly, it'll feel much better and won't be as isolating. I've talked about this before but if someone were to go into a virtual world, and was connected via their own nervous system, how would having sex be any different there then in the regular world? It's not going to be masturbating, sex 2.0 is a better way to describe it, as goofy as that may sound.

As I've said though, it doesn't make any sense long term, I mean it makes more sense for humanity to ultimately get rid of all impulse to have sex in the first place, than for us to replace it.