1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Low Self Esteem

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by sih, Jul 7, 2016.

1. sih

sih Fapstronaut

Anyone struggle with low self-esteem?

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. ShotDunyun

ShotDunyun Fapstronaut

Yup. But not all the time. Some days I feel like I worth nothing and sometimes I feel incredible.

sih, seadoo54 and Deleted Account like this.
  3. Same, unfortunately today was probably my worst day so far.

ShotDunyun likes this.
  4. AnotherWay

AnotherWay Fapstronaut

Yes, and every time I PMO, I feel worse about myself.

MrCAllen301986 likes this.
  5. seadoo54

seadoo54 Fapstronaut

buddy your 16 yrs old ! the worst ?

6. seadoo54

seadoo54 Fapstronaut

My 16 yo nephew got his 15 yr old girl pregnant now hes a baby daddy at 17 !

7. I guess it could be worse. But that sucks. Maybe I should do hardmode for a while

8. sih

sih Fapstronaut

Thanks guys for the replies, some days are good, others are like I'm a completely different person bad. I hate the mood swings. Ouch.

9. It gets better after a while

10. newmi

newmi Fapstronaut

Short and fat jobless guy here. Tell me about it.

11. sih

sih Fapstronaut

I love how life messages like Joyce Meyer, and TD Jakes can change things.

Jaylen likes this.
  12. sih

sih Fapstronaut

Plus meditation also.

13. larrylarrylarry

larrylarrylarry Fapstronaut

I am sure a lot of people in here have issues with Low Self-Esteem, including myself.

Here's my thoughts on this, general thoughts:
    • We need to distinguish symptoms from root causes
    • Doing something to alleviate the symptoms is good, but wasting a lot of energy and time doing only that without curing the root causes is detrimental in the long run
    • Addiction to PMO has Low Self-Esteem as one of the symptoms
    • Quitting PMO will have positive effects on Low Self-Esteem: you are doing something, you are doing something good to yourself and for yourself; and you're getting rid of an addiction and re-gaining control of yourself and your life.
    There's something we can all do right now, as part of the recovery from PMO addiction and also serves to alleviate most of the symptoms including Low Self-Esteem: people around us.

Look at the people around you, friends, family, acquaintances, coworkers etc.. some of them are supportive of you and your life, some of them are neutral, some of them are detrimental, and some other are toxic.

Eliminate the toxic ones, really. Try not to deal with the ones who are detrimental, at least ignore them. Get more and more supportive people in your life, and spend more time with them. No need to burden them with our issues with PMO, or low self-esteem of whatnot, just be happy with them, hang out, have a good time. Our friends are not equipped with the tools to listen to our shit, nor they asked for it, it is unfair to burden them with our crap.

People in here it's different. We look through the forums knowing well what to expect, if we decided to become Accountability Partners we know what's coming down the tube.

Deleted Account and iceman40 like this.
  14. iceman40

iceman40 Fapstronaut

I used to suffer a lot from low self esteem when I was young for many reasons. One, I came to a country where I did not know the language nor the culture so I could not communicate. Two, the kids were very mean to me in school. Three, very few of the cute girls in school liked me. And a few other reasons.

What help me esteem was educating myself and experiences in different situations. I have 3 degrees now and have been to over 30 countries. Thus I had to interact with people from many different backgrounds and cultures, some stupid ones and some very kind, dealt with stupid girls and smart girls. Every time you learn something new and break an old habit, there will be an uncomfortable zone that you will experience. Most people will shy away from this and a few will endure it (leaders).

I point I'm trying to make is this: it's not an over night fix!!! It takes time, energy, and dedication. There will be many times where you will be uncomfortable. Plow through that and move on. It will make you stronger. I can say with 100% certainty that today I'm a much stronger person than I used to be. You all can do with but whether you do it or not is your choice.