1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Feel lonely without love. Please help!!!

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by nomster2104, Jul 19, 2016.

1. nomster2104

nomster2104 Fapstronaut

Hello Everyone,
    Hope everyone is doing awesome.
    So, the thing is that I don't have anything to look forward in life, or so that's how I'm seeing my life.

I'm 21 Male studying engineering and working in a company that pays well and am doing very well as compared to other peers. I also go to gym twice a day, I play guitar, read self-help books and take cold showers too.

The problem is that even after having these things, I have nobody in life. My parents live in a different country. Here, where I stay, people generally have their own families. Also I've being trying to get a gf from the past 3 1/2 years but every time I was rejected. I was barely able to get a woman for regular dating, but she just suddenly left me and blocked me everywhere. Still to this day I couldn't understand as to why she did that.

I just feel like a loser, when I can't share my success with anyone. There would be days that go past by and I wouldn't even have uttered a word. And don't get me wrong, I was a very funny extroverted guy couple years ago. But now with rejection worth of 3 1/2 years, I regularly feel that no matter what I do, say or even project, I will never be able to have someone with me to share my feelings with.

And the more I get lonely, the more I fap, because deep down I think that what's the use of no fapping if I will never get a woman. Might as well fap, keep working hard on the things that I do regularly and give up on having any person to love in life. And with every fap, I starve my self-esteem to even lower levels.

I am already working on myself everyday but it's been so long and I haven't seen any results from women.

i do have a very teenie feeling that maybe I'm doing something a little bit wrong and if I fix it, I can get results.

Guys,
    all I need is your help in knowing what's the right path. I know that I won't be having a woman besides me in the coming years, even if I go NoFap. And if you were in my position, what would have done?

Deepanshu likes this.
  2. Drift

Drift Fapstronaut

nomster,
    Being so far away from family and for so long is such a difficult challenge to undertake. I'm just ending a night where I had to say goodbye to a woman who kind of terrified me because she was so engaged in life and open with exploring so many things.... and she doesn't have room in her life for me, even if I wasn't leaving.

That sucks and hurts so much and I feel a bit lost like you and unsure.

But I do feel loved and belonging with my faith community, and other people get that from running groups or music friends, or anyone you can feel yourself with and a sense of connection.

Seek out something that is outside of a romantic relationship with a woman or what ever, and maybe just find a place you can feel at home with that's built of peace, respect, and inclusion.

Anyhow, I"m rambling. It's been a really hectic past couple of weeks, and seems like it's been a really hectic past few years for you.

Good luck, I'll hold you in the light

Deepanshu likes this.
  3. larrylarrylarry

larrylarrylarry Fapstronaut

I am giving you my answer to your question: "if you were in my position, what would have done?"

First and foremost you need to stop thinking of yourself and living your life in terms of someone else. You need to do thing for yourself, and be happy for yourself, put yourself first (in a healthy way).

So, for starters, stop Fapping NOW, and do it for yourself.

Don't think in terms of meeting a woman, think in terms of being social. For starters, talk to people. Talk with everyone and anyone, make or female, young or old, good looking or ugly. No agenda, the agenda is to talk with them, not to them.

At the bus stop, supermarket, laundry mat, anywhere. At times they will engage with you, at times they will not. It doesn't matter. Try to say something appropriate but not cliche. You see someone reading a book, you say you read books, so ask them what they are reading. Maybe a conversation will follow, maybe they will ignore you. It doesn't matter.

Pursue your interests that have a social component. While reading and play guitar are great interests to pursue, they are not very social. But you can make them so. Join a book club, join a jamming session or a group guitar lesson class. Meetup.com is a good start. If there's nothing in there, start your own meetup. Also join other meetups of things that interest you.
    Again the agenda is not to talk to pretty women that you are attracted to, the agenda is to talk and socialize with anyone.

This is what will happen. Some of these people are going to be women to whom you'll be attracted to, some of them will be attracted to you as well. That's the start, from a conversation let things escalate naturally from there.

And stop fapping,

Deepanshu and believo like this.
  4. Bandit6of10

Bandit6of10 Fapstronaut

Women can smell desperation. I like what Drift offered. You need to engage life, get involved, continue getting to know who you are.

One other thing. Get clear about the person you want in your life. Be as detailed as possible... Journel about her, storyboard about her, hold that desire in your heart, knowing that the universe will provide. When the universe knows what you want it will provide. It's the way of it. Then stop looking. She'll show up.

Drift likes this.
  5. Hi brother, we are on the same boat. Just like you, I fapped when I am lonely, and and then I become lonelier. There are also many times when I feel no one beside me, or enjoy being with me, or asking me out for meet up. If you got rejected by girls for the past 3.5 years, I got rejected countless times for the past 3 years just for asking my female friends to meet up.

Fortunately, at that time, a distant friend advised me to not let my happiness relied on others. After that, I try to enjoy being with myself (not by fapping, of course). I tried to befriend my lonely self, enjoy being alone without being lonely.

What I said might be cliche, but it is important to enjoy whatever state you are in, be it single, be it in relationship

6. BrianHM

BrianHM Guest

A video that can give you something you can work on : Self-love. You're looking too much outside, and not inward, standing on your own legs. Standing and been okay, for been alone. And that's one of the things almost all of lack which is self-love. Sustaining our self, and been okay that someone else is happy even if we're not there.

Do check this video for more details

7. AnotherWay

AnotherWay Fapstronaut

Man, I can identify with this so much. That's why I was relapsing for the past few weeks in 3-day cycles: I would convince myself to stop but then three days in, without the chemical rush in my brain, the loneliness would get to me and I would ask myself what's the point. Worse yet, I would convince myself that I was justified in seeking to O. from P. & M.

Right now, I've crossed 4 days and being very careful of what thoughts I allow to enter my mind. I'm keeping my mind on work right now and things I'm excited for in the future. Since you're also working, surely there must be some upcoming projects that excite you. I've got a few, so I'm focusing on preparing for those. I've also got a few activities planned for the next couple weeks so I'm looking forward to those.

I think that intimacy is a basic human desire. What P. offers us is a brief surge of chemicals that numb our brains from the intimacy starvation. I agree with @larrylarrylarry forget about looking for women and a relationship and focus on you. I know it's easier said than done but the alternative is to stew in feelings of misery and inadequacy.

8. vulture175

vulture175 Fapstronaut

yeah without love we would feel lonely. however, i doubt a girl would fulfill your loneliness. being single or being in a relationship can be both frustrated too.

9. nomster2104

nomster2104 Fapstronaut

Hey everyone. Thanks again for your replies. Definitely a big help.
    Right now, I am at a strong will against PMO. And for sure, just like always, I'm working on myself.

But then again, the question is how long? How long and how much should one do to get what they want. I've been focusing on myself for the past 3 1/2 years and had no luck with women. I'm sure that I can go another 3 1/2 without having any luck. The point is that I'm stuck at what I really want. I am not able to have a loved one besides me. Yes I understand that women can feel desperation instantly, but then again what's the solution? How can I fake being not a bit desperate when I have lived so many years alone? I can't be laid back and be comfortable with having no one.

Personally, I would love to have to go out and really connect with a woman. Of course I am working on myself, but then again there is a big domain of my life, called relationships with women which I suck at right now. I'm pretty sure that even if I keep working on myself like this, no girl would jump on my lap because of that. In fact I can see beggars have gf, who don't have that much money and yet the girl feels inclined towards him. I'm not saying that they don't deserve a lover, but that sometimes what we think and the direction we go in life is not the one that we want, maybe it's a great path but not meant for us. We can keep working on ourselves, but will never be able to connect with anyone.

The point is that because of failure in this domain, I'm spending more time in other domains, which will never help me in getting the lifestyle that I want. It's like saying that I have an itch on my back, but since I can't reach there, I should scratch my chest more and more.

I really wish that I could at least connect to one and then grow from there. Even at this point I feel really lonely but then again, I'll keep working hard and will wait that one day it changes.....

10. HankyHank

HankyHank Fapstronaut

I feel the same like you man, I'm 21 entrepeneur who is building ecommerce business, reading a lot of books from mentors like Elon Musk (my favorite) Sam Walton, Warren Buffett, Arnold schwarzenegger...To know how to invest money and to crush it on life and make an impact. I go to Gym as well to do heavy weights on a specific zone of my body focusing (this 8 weeks chest).

Yes Reading, Working, Learning, Testing, Gym and Nofap but No one single women on my life, but that's because I want to be like this.

Months Ago nomster2104 I had a GF, very beautiful girl and she cares a lot of me and It feels like really good to be loved, because you have this validation. But I had decided to dump her with an excuse because she was like a distraction on my big goals on life.

Every morning/night tons of messages
    Lot of time exchanging photos
    Lots of time telling me how Special I was and bla bla bla
    Making plans and talking lot of time texting so I couldn't sleep well
    She was on my mind 24/7, my productivity crushed down

If you are like me, A very logical and analytical man, It's better now give up the temptation to find girls and switch up that energy on work, on yourself, and on business.Crush it on life.
    Then with that worthy factor and confidence the high quality womans will come to you very easy man and you could pick to have a GF from an abundance mindset, and thats the key.

You have a friend here, we are on the same boat :)

11. nomster2104

nomster2104 Fapstronaut

Every morning/night tons of messages
    Lot of time exchanging photos
    Lots of time telling me how Special I was and bla bla bla
    Making plans and talking lot of time texting so I couldn't sleep well
    She was on my mind 24/7, my productivity crushed down

@HankyHank : This right here is sooo true. I definitely agree that having a girlfriend lowers my productivity at a great extent. I really like the way you are approaching towards life, i.e. having a strong faith that all this will bring more value to life in future. Be it money, knowledge, health or women, that it will work. And this is something I have to believe too. I'm just afraid that all that hardwork shouldn't end up being nothing. It's just a stuck mindset that I have to get out of. And with this mindset, I have to persist patience for a very very long time. Like it's said, life's a marathon and not a sprint.

Again as you are willingly celibate to focus energy on your goals, that works great, but in my case loneliness wasn't by a choice, it just happened. Here, the difference being isolated vs lonely, hence it's a bit difficult to get out of that mindset and get into another one. I personally think that me not having a gf is making (or forcing)me to excel in every other domain. It's kind of blessing in disguise but still a very hard pill to swallow.

PS: It feels really good when I get all these advises from people in similar situations. Some people being a bit ahead in their journey and some behind, but this collective support to each other definitely helps in dealing with these demons.

HankyHank likes this.
  12. HankyHank

HankyHank Fapstronaut

I really appreciate your message :) but if I have for some special reaseon; love at firsht sight, I will defenetely try to make that girl my girlfriend, Only if my instinct tell me to go, because I fear the "what if's"

You nomster2104 have to promise me one thing, that if you really want to have a GF (that is totally right for you if you want a romantic partner)

Just Don't go for the dark side: Online Dating.

There is nothing right and good there, the first reason is that online dating looks like P... (pixel images of tons and tons of women) that will affect your brain like P and make you urges.
    The second is that girls some are bots, some only wants the validation and pass the time and it's common sense that no worthy girl will ever be on Online sites/Apps.

I think that most people have the GF that they not really like, only because the girl showed interest on them with very unhealthy life and mediocre goals on life.

I think that is better invest on yourself (books,healthy and doing the reboot) and when your instinct tells you that this girl on special is the right, then dont fear the "what if's" and say approach her (I think that with the right rebooting you will have the courage to do it, that's why we are doing this!)

13. nomster2104

nomster2104 Fapstronaut

Yeah absolutely. I don't think that me doing so much for myself, and working everyday to better my life, would end up me looking for a person online. I am definitely against the idea of online dating. But yes I am for sure in rebooting and going full hard more of complete abstinence. As a challenge, I would also want to see as to how long it will take for me to get to a position where I feel comfortable with approaching girls, as deep down even I would know that I have the credibility needed to pursue her.

I really hope that all this, would one day lead me to a different path where things would be much better. But for now I think it's best for me to keep walking towards my goals and hopefully SHE'LL join me as well.

Thanks again brother for the insight. Knowing that there is alteast one more person in the same position, has helped me so much in understanding that we are all in this together. I hope all be fine for everyone....

14. BrianHM

BrianHM Guest

I am just curious though, did you actually watch the video? Wondering. @nomster2104

-

Seth Godin :

Every day, we change. We move (slowly) toward the person we'll end up being.

Not just us, but our organizations. Our political systems. Our culture.

Are you more generous than the you of five or ten years ago? More confident? More willing to explore?

Have you become more brittle? Selfish? Afraid?

Grumpy and bitter isn't a place we begin. It's a place we end up.

Do we intentionally choose the optimistic path? Are we eagerly more open to change and possibility?

Every day we make the hard decisions that build a culture, an organization, a life.

Since yesterday, since last week, since you were twelve, have you been making deposits or withdrawals from the circles of supporters around you?

People don't become selfish, hateful and afraid all at once. They do it gradually.

When we see the dystopian worlds depicted in movies and books, are we closer to those outcomes than a generation ago? Do we find ourselves taking actions that make our conversations more considered, our arguments more informed, our engagements more civil? Or precisely the opposite, because it's easier?

Your brand, your company, your community: it has so much, is it still playing the short game?

When your great-grandfather arrives by time machine, what will you show him? What have you built, what are you building? When your great-grandchildren remember the choices we made, at a moment when we actually had a choice, what will they remember?

We are always becoming, and we can always make the choice to start becoming something else, if we care.

-

Just sharing something off of Seth Godin blog (I read his emails daily) Alias, I hope all the best on your journey towards becoming the person whom you want to be.

15. believo

believo Fapstronaut

It seems like fapping is messing up your testosterone and making you depressed. And also, here's a thing I've learned about women: women are pets. They like to be treated that way and thought of that way. When you find a woman, it won't turn out like a romantic comedy. Women won't solve all your problems or take away your loneliness. Females are just interesting little distractions. Nice to have, but not necessary. Once you get one, you'll have some much shit to do and no time for yourself. Then you'll probably look back on the time that you were single and think of those as your happiest days.