1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

***The Gratitude Attitude Challenge***

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by BushidoWarrior, Sep 21, 2015.

1. WalkingForward

WalkingForward Fapstronaut

* I've been having a headache combined with some nausea today, I did a yoga session for it and it helped. So I'm grateful for that yoga session and to the woman who made it.

* I'm grateful for not giving into the urge of watching a youtube-clip with a scantily clad woman doing yoga just to see a scantily clad woman and get aroused.

* I'm grateful that I'm having this urge now, because then if I don't give in to it, I'll level up my willpower.

I went on a negative, neurotic path earlier by browsing through what other videos this yoga woman had made. And I'm not sure I did that for healthy, acceptable reasons even though that's what I told myself.

So I haven't always won every battle when it comes to acting in a healthy way. I'm grateful for the ones I have won. And say, for a martial artist, losing sometimes will probably make him better. But he would never go into a fight with the mindset of losing.

2. iHappy

iHappy Guest

I am grateful for the Viber desktop, it helps me stay in touch with people.
    I am grateful for the fact I can see anger and not to act on it.
    I am grateful for writing here today. Wasn't actually in a mood to do so, but I am done :)

3. StraightEdge

StraightEdge Fapstronaut

1. I'm grateful for nofap.com in so many ways.
    2. I'm grateful for personal development. Studying this topic allows me to progress everyday.
    3. I'm grateful for tomatoes. I love to eat tomatoes with some feta and olive oil.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  4. BushidoWarrior

BushidoWarrior Fapstronaut

1. I'm grateful that I have friends. The world doesn't hate me, lol.
    2. I'm grateful for my Kindle Fire. I can use it to surf the internet while I wait in the doctors office.
    3. I'm grateful to live in a safe area. I'm not in some devastated, war-torn country wondering if I will make it through the day without being robbed, beaten, strangled or beheaded.

5. iHappy

iHappy Guest

I am grateful for many things today, I am grateful for being grateful.
    I am grateful for making it to 14 days
    I am grateful for the book "The Confidence Gap." So far, it has been very helpful.

1. I'm grateful for my increased willpower, I edged last night almost to the point of no return, but managed to pull myself back at the last moment, before I went too far. It was a mistake to let it get that far, but I'm grateful that it didn't go any further.
    2. I'm grateful for my continued strength gains and how much more endurance and stamina I have in my workouts.
    3. I'm grateful for the food I am about to eat, for nourishing me and replenishing lost energy.
    4. I'm grateful that my sleep pattern has remained intact lately and been on point.
    5. I'm grateful for Alan Thrall's videos on form for different exercises on YouTube, he really helped me fix my front squat form during my workout today.
    6. I'm grateful for my calluses - while they don't look nice, they make it much more pleasant to hold the bar during my workouts.

6. Struggle Bug

Struggle Bug Fapstronaut

New Member Here :) :
    1. I'm grateful for having found this forum to get support and help, also for being a safe haven when I don't have anyone to talk to in real life about this addiction.

2. I'm grateful for finding out that some people aren't really true to their word and that I need to rely on myself more and not get depressed when they leave me. It's really a great eye opener for me today.

3. Thankful for all the things that I have and need.

4. Thankful for God for always being there for me and giving me strength when I fell like succumbing to this addiction!

7. iHappy

iHappy Guest

I am feeling happy today so I feel like writing some more gratitude.

I am grateful because @Chill_Dude has joined this thread
    I am grateful for all the kind people. I had a call few hours ago from one person who offered me a job. That was so random and unexpected. Unfortunately, I couldn't accept it, it was a good offer.
    I am grateful for my leg, looks like it has started healing properly.

8. BushidoWarrior

1. I'm grateful for my speakers. I love listening to pump-up music in the morning to get me fired up.
    2. I'm grateful for the clean, crisp air that I breathe. I don't have to worry about inhaling a random deadly poison gas or some air-based superbug that will turn my insides into liquid.
    3. I'm grateful to be alive. I have another 24 hours to make myself into a better human being than I was yesterday. Woot!

9. Sleeping_Beauty

Sleeping_Beauty Fapstronaut

Since I didn't do this yesterday, I will do double again.

1. I am grateful for the help I received in getting my car un-stuck yesterday.
    2. I am grateful that I slept early last night, and feel more refreshed now.
    3. I am grateful for patience.
    4. I am grateful that my urges are lessening again.
    5. I am grateful for the improvements in my SIBO.
    6. I am grateful for the emotional release that crying gives.

10. StraightEdge

StraightEdge Fapstronaut

1. I'm grateful for consciousness.
    2. I'm grateful for being alive.
    3. I'm grateful for the Tao.

11. Sleeping_Beauty

Sleeping_Beauty Fapstronaut

1. I'm grateful for the inspiring success stories in this community. I need them to pick me up sometimes.
    2. I'm grateful for epsom salt baths.
    3. I'm grateful that no masturbation helps with oxidative stress.

BushidoWarrior, JesusGreen and iHappy like this.
  12. iHappy

iHappy Guest

I am grateful for all the tips found on this forum
    I am grateful for not relapsing today, watch tv shows can trigger so many "bad" emotions...
    I am grateful for making it to 15 days, it finally feels like I am putting some effort into this and not relapsing each time I feel a slightest urge

13. MrCharacter

MrCharacter Fapstronaut

Been away for 2 days. Back with 9 gratitutes.
    1. I'm grateful for connections. Imagine a life without connections, so horrible. In my opinion, I can confidently say it's my reason we are on this planet for. Making new connections be it friends or relationships or making old connections stronger.
    2. I'm grateful for my cleaned room. While cleaning my room, I found my old primary and secondary ID cards. Made me realise I far I've come.
    3. I'm grateful for the show Wayward pines. I saw someone mention Wayward pines in Nofap as well as recommended by the genius Karl Pilkington (search him on YouTube, so funny). It's classified as an Amercian SciFi thriller, I highly recommend it.
    4. I'm grateful for my friend. My friend asked Subway for any availability of jobs. Luckily at the moment they require staff and have a semi-interview for tomorrow. Moreover, my same friend found a kitchen porter job at a university who also require staff.
    5. I'm grateful for being happy. Happiness is a choice and not acquired from a material.
    6. I'm grateful for my 15 mins yoga/medidation. Forgot to do my meditation this morning so just did 15 mins of meditation right and my urges/stimulation has calmed and my mind is clear.
    7. I'm grateful for this forum. Not only NoFap has helped me but this forum has been part of for the last 4-5 months. My energy focused on what I do have, has brought positivity into my life.
    8. I'm grateful for good people. Lately a lot of negativity is shown in the news (shootings and murders etc) but I also know there are good people out there helping others.
    9. I'm grateful for fully functioning body. I considered healthy in the sense of taking care of my body and I'm grateful for been given fuctioning healthy organs and limbs. One man inspired today in gym as this man was on crutches while trying to work out. Really lucky for this body.

14. EverythingIsConnected

EverythingIsConnected Fapstronaut

Today I'm grateful for my job. Without it I wouldn't be able to sustain myself or my family. And, in that, I'm grateful for my coworkers. Without the team there would be stress and sadness. I'm grateful that they can perform well.

I'm grateful for my fiancée. For without her I wouldn't be at this part of my life. I would probably still be more of a man child than I am now. Without her I wouldn't have discovered emotions. Without her there would be no love.

I'm grateful for the ability to live. For without life there would be nothing. There would be no pleasure. There would be no pain. There wouldn't be any wonder or sadness. I can't imagine a world without us. And for that I am grateful.

1. I'm grateful that it's just about bed time. Means I can now relax with some ASMR.
    2. I'm grateful that I remembered to meditate today. I've been slacking with my meditation lately and I feel so much better for having done it today, it really helps put my head in the right place for progress.
    3. I'm grateful for having discovered that the second season of Marco Polo is already out - for some reason I thought only 1 season was out so far, and so didn't bother looking for the second one. Means I have more to watch!

15. BushidoWarrior

1. I'm grateful that I've always got a family home that I can return to if things don't work out in the city.
    2. I'm grateful that I have reliable transportation.
    3. I'm grateful for the chance to gain experience in house hunting.

16. StraightEdge

StraightEdge Fapstronaut

1. I'm grateful for this morning magical sunrise.
    2. I'm grateful for sleeping well.
    3. I'm grateful for that moment, the sounds of nature, that Dog barking in the distance, that plane flying in the sky.

17. MrCharacter

MrCharacter Fapstronaut

1. I'm grateful for Subway giving me and my friend trial. The fact that we just inquired for a job and within few days giving is a trail is unheard of. Normally to get a job it takes ages but luckily this is the not the case.
    2. I'm grateful for investing money in books. Today I bought 2 books costing me around £23 pounds. I spent £23 pounds on these 2 books because the books I bought are autobiograpies of two great football managers. As a aspiring football manager, these books can be seen as mentors.
    3. I'm grateful to find a really catchy song from GTA 5. The song is called Twin Shadow - Old love/ New love.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFiDnErxU_A

18. iHappy

iHappy Guest

I am grateful for meditation, it has been a game changer in mine life.
    I am grateful for the plums in mine garden, so delicious.
    I am grateful for having a lovely and quite place to sit and enjoy a cup of tea.