1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

***The Gratitude Attitude Challenge***

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by BushidoWarrior, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Sleeping_Beauty

Sleeping_Beauty Fapstronaut

1. I'm grateful for my morning devotionals.
    2. I'm grateful that some of my anxious thoughts are going away.
    3. I'm grateful for my morning walk.

1. I'm grateful for bodyweight exercises, for giving me something else to practice some progression in during the time before I get additional weight to add to my barbell.
    2. I'm grateful for all the content on YouTube I watch, both entertaining, and educational/useful. I spent a great deal of time on that site and it's both brought me a ton of enjoyment and also taught me a lot in almost every field that I'm interested in.
    3. I'm grateful for the awesome dinner I had today.

2. BushidoWarrior

BushidoWarrior Fapstronaut

1. I'm grateful for coffee. It provides me with the energy I need to have a kick-arse morning.
    2. I'm grateful for the beautiful sky today. I like it!
    3. I'm grateful for my practice pad. I like being able to practice my drums without setting up the entire kit.

JesusGreen, iHappy and StraightEdge like this.
  3. EverythingIsConnected

EverythingIsConnected Fapstronaut

Today I'm grateful for my mother. She game me life and a way to live it. Happy Birthday, Mom!

I'm grateful for my pet birds. They show me love and emotions. They're lovable and can be well behaved. They show me the importance of discipline.

I'm grateful for the military, for without that part in my life, I wouldn't have the discipline to push through my workouts.

4. StraightEdge

StraightEdge Fapstronaut

1. I'm grateful for the beauty of the summer sky.
    2. I'm grateful for music of all kind.
    3. I'm grateful for the 5 senses.

BushidoWarrior, JesusGreen and iHappy like this.
  5. iHappy

iHappy Guest

I am grateful for the cake, it was mine aunt's birthday.
    I am grateful for mine aunt all the things she did for me.
    I am grateful for having 3 aunts.

BushidoWarrior and JesusGreen like this.
  6. I'm new to this Forum/Website/Group, but I am not new to the concept of finding things to appreciate in your life instead of nitpicking the negative ones. I have never attempted this though, so I am also new to this appreciation thing.....
    1. How the frequencies of the universe show possibilities throughout this life. There is no such thing as failure if you give it your all.
    2. New found passions. I just picked up the drums and am a natural it seems.
    3. The quiet moments with nature where I can just stand in awe at Mother Natures beauty and not be distracted by social, financial, etc etc obligations.

BushidoWarrior, JesusGreen and iHappy like this.
  7. MrCharacter

MrCharacter Fapstronaut

1. I'm grateful for my tiredness. While driving I lost concentration and missed a turn. How went into a side street and eventually made the right turn. As I turned into the road, there was an accident. If I had made the earlier turn I may have been part of it. Wasn't a big accident, a car hit the back of another car.
    2. I'm grateful for a beautiful day. Currently, few clouds can be seen but earlier in the day, it was raining and grey.
    3. I'm grateful for my relapse. You might be saying "grateful for relapse?" yeah you heard me correctly, it's a fresh start to awesomeness. Few days before relapse, I edged quite a bit. However, it's done, time to start again, better prepared.

1. I'm grateful for the free upgrade to Windows 10 I installed today on both my PC and my laptop. Wasn't really sure about upgrading, but the impending time limit before the free upgrade is no longer available made me give in and upgrade. Very pleasantly surprised with the OS so far. Haven't had any issues with it, and a few very minor things have made my life a lot easier - like how the calculator makes it easy to convert between different units, or how for some reason I'm getting better wifi signal/speeds.
    2. I'm grateful that my newest video has generated more sales, and for any and all increased sales/income I have been experiencing lately.
    3. I'm grateful for Lao Tzu and the Dao De Jing/Tao Te Ching and all the wisdom contained within.

iHappy and BushidoWarrior like this.
  8. BushidoWarrior

1. I'm grateful for the postal service. Snail mail is still an important part of our lives. Never take the postal service for granted.
    2. I'm grateful for the internet. Without it, house hunting would be 1000 times harder than it already is.
    3. I'm grateful for Duolingo and Beeminder. Without that combination of apps, I would have given up learning Spanish six months ago.

JesusGreen and iHappy like this.
  9. StraightEdge

StraightEdge Fapstronaut

1. I'm grateful for my PC. It's just perfect for me.
    2. I'm grateful for the Fatbike session I did. It was fun in a beautiful landscape.
    3. I'm grateful for today. I don't know what life will bring me but it's already great.

10. iHappy

iHappy Guest

I am grateful for not being so hard on myself for having a "slower day". It feels good to stop all the useless worrying and self judgement.
    I am grateful for the Buddhist lessons on impermanence. All the things I've learned from it helped me to turn possible shitty day into a great one.
    I am grateful for google translate, it come handy sometimes.

BushidoWarrior and JesusGreen like this.
    1. I'm grateful that it's Friday. Although I don't really have a weekly schedule as such given that I work from home, I still feel that same excitement I used to feel every time it turns Friday. Perhaps one of these Friday's I'll actually heed the call and go face my social anxiety and have some fun.
    2. I'm grateful for my workout progression. I dropped down weight in a couple of exercises to focus on form rather than messing around doing silly half reps and cheat reps etc.. it's paid off, I did much better with the overhead press than I did only a couple of days ago, and my bench press improved a little too. Gradually getting stronger and better.
    3. I'm grateful for shorts, I can't imagine bearing this summer heat in anything longer.

BushidoWarrior and iHappy like this.
  11. BushidoWarrior

1. I'm grateful to have received my inheritance money yesterday. It wasn't much, but it was far more than I feel I ever deserved. I still miss my mum terribly every day.
    2. I'm grateful to have worked things out with our third room-mate. Tensions were building there for a while, but we resolved them all with a quick conversation. We're all back to normal now!
    3. I"m grateful that my water bill, rent and internet bill are all paid up. It doesn't leave me with a great deal of money this week, but I'm happy to be free of bill anxiety. It feels good!

iHappy and JesusGreen like this.
  12. MrCharacter

MrCharacter Fapstronaut

1. I'm grateful for positive performance. Carried out my trail at subway and the manager liked mine and my friend's performance. Receive a call on Monday.
    2. I'm grateful for a kick about with my friend. Although a lack of energy, the kick about in the park was good exercise.
    3. I'm grateful for the present moment. A simple gratitude to the present moment.

BushidoWarrior, iHappy and JesusGreen like this.
  13. StraightEdge

StraightEdge Fapstronaut

1. I'm grateful for the Collective Evolution Website. All the informations are not mainstream and are opening me to news pespectives...
    2. I'm grateful for my two beautiful daughters.
    3. I'm grateful for the facts i learned about dopamine, serotonine, etc... It's really interesting and gave me new insights on how body-mind is working.
    4. I'm so so grateful for quiting alcohol. It changes my life above all expectations.

BushidoWarrior, iHappy and JesusGreen like this.
  14. iHappy

iHappy Guest

I am grateful for not relapsing today, i was very very tempted
    I am grateful for this thread, from time to time, I notice myself being grateful for random things in life
    I am grateful for mine leg, it is recovering really great :)

1. I'm grateful for cola and diet cola. While neither is the healthiest, they both make it so much easier for me to have the same diet all year around. Since drinking 2L of cola in a day is about an extra ~800 calories, I can literally just switch between drinking cola during the times when I'm bulking/gaining mass, and diet cola when I'm cutting down/dieting. Nothing else about my diet has to change, so I can eat the same all year around, it's great.
    2. I'm grateful for old pictures I took of myself that I was tempted to delete with how bad they were, but thankfully didn't. Basically I found some old pictures of me when I was fairly fat a few years ago, with zero muscle mass. I'm still low on the muscle front, but I'm lean now and still have significantly more muscle than before - feels good comparing how I look now to pictures back then.
    3. I'm grateful for Sun Tzu's The Art of War, great book, and lots of wisdom within that can be applied to almost any area of life if you're creative enough.

15. First time I've come to post here and seen no posts since my last post. You all better not be slacking! ;)
    1. I'm grateful for how much less strained I feel after dropping the volume on my workouts. Feels much more natural in this range. Did this for the sake of my mini-cut that I'm doing now, but think I will stick to a similar volume afterwards or only increase it slightly
    2. I'm grateful for all the people I talk to online. When I'm currently so non-social in real life due to my social anxiety, it's vital for me to be able to at least chat to people online, since I'm naturally more social and extroverted (who'd have thought that, for a person with social anxiety heh)
    3. I'm grateful for how easy it seems to be to stick to a normal sleep pattern now. No trouble falling asleep. No sleeping in late. Just natural deep sleep, going to bed at the right time, and waking up early. I love it! Anyone who's kept up to date with my journals or my posts here will know my sleep pattern has been out of wack so many times and it's taken me so long each time to fix it - so it's nice having it seem to stick this time.

BushidoWarrior and iHappy like this.
  16. iHappy

iHappy Guest

I am grateful for midday nap, it was much needed.
    I am grateful for free viber stickers, some of them are amazing
    I am grateful for getting to day 20