1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How do i stop Procrastinating?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Jungler, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Jungler

Jungler Fapstronaut

I Can't get things done, only if i'm particularly under pressure. I'm such an Avoider of tasks that i pile them up one on top of the other without giving a fuck of what i should be doing.
    I find that, if things are asked at me to do things or i willingly want to do something i become stressful and easily tired followed by many complaints i make.. I'm also naturally lazy which is not that good.
    There's an endless list of things i should be doing but never can find the time for myself to do it without feeling too groggy and unsatisfied.

Cleaning my room (and rest of the house), picking up new hobbies, inconsistent with my workout plan, rearranging my diet, or even a simple Not wanting to go outside and have fun

It sucks to be like this, and most of the time i'm fine with it and take life a bit too easy without spicing it up. But also, in the back of my head i'm saying to myself 'What if i won't like it?'

How do i get things done in time without overthinking it?

2. YES YOU CAN.

3. here you go!

4. nfprogress

nfprogress Fapstronaut

To a certain extent, this grasping or need to 'get things done' is a fabrication of our own state of mind. If you are able to simplify your life and mindfully look at what is going on you may find that there is very little that needs to be done in any given instant. I am not much for living my life on a hamster wheel constantly trying to catch up with......what?

For the specific problems you are facing such as improving your diet, I really think the right approach is to study, learn and practice what it means to develop habits over time. They definitely develop very slowly, but strongly. Once a habit is in place, you won't need to think about doing it and the idea of procrastination doesn't really make any sense.

Focus on one new habit at a time and you will be more likely to succeed. I personally love 30 day challenges but they aren't for everyone. I say one habit at a time because you may initially need to exert a small but noticeable amount of willpower for the first few weeks as the habits takes hold. I view willpower as somewhat of a limited resource and if you use it up on something you don't care enough about, you may not do anything at all. You can always make a quick priority list and envision what your future self will look like after you have built a specific habit, then compare that to other options to help see which path you should take.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016