1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Small penis through supplements?

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Supplements' started by ifthisislove, Aug 21, 2016.

1. ifthisislove

ifthisislove Fapstronaut

Started taking zinc, pumpkin seed oil and magnesium supplements and while it has improved my mood and zest for life tremendously (testosterone boost no doubt) a possible side effect is that my penis has got smaller. But could that be to do with my wearing of slim fit jeans and tight underwear? I haven't had morning wood for a little while now either and only started taking the supplements a couple of days ago.

So I guess it's two questions:

1) how do I fix the penis issue? Or maybe I'm flatlining? That would be weird because I've been getting so-called 'superpowers', feeling motivated..

2) should I be taking zinc, pumpkin seed oil and magnesium tablets at the same time?

Thanks all.

2. Lack of morning wood is usually a sign of: lowered testosterone, high prolactin, or high estradiol. Usually it's just some small stress factor that's causing you to temporarily be lower T, with the most common one probably being inadequate sleep. If you slept < 7 hours etc.

Pumpkin seeds are high in phytoestrogens (natural estrogen analogues that bind to the estrogen receptors and have effects similar to estrogen/estradiol in the body) so it's possible that's to blame if the oil is quite concentrated.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23859042

If it's just a small amount though then I suspect it's unrelated to anything you're taking.

Make sure you're getting enough sleep. If the pumpkin seed oil is concentrated I'd cut it out/reduce the amount if you're a male. Remove anything overly stressful from your life. Finally, just give it time. Sometimes these things happen here and there for a day or two due to some factor you won't be able to pinpoint, and things will resolve themselves.

3. ifthisislove

ifthisislove Fapstronaut

Thanks @JesusGreen , I've decided to cut the pumpkin seed oil because I have a hunch that it was of very poor quality. In fact, I also think that that Magnesium supplements I'm taking are of the Oxide variety, which I'm reading is very poor for absorption.

I've decided to take a high strength tablet in the morning and magnesium in the evening.

I just want to see what happens really.

4. MetalFapper

MetalFapper Fapstronaut

I have taken both zinc and magnesium supplements before and have never noticed a difference in penis size. I HIGHLY doubt that it has anything to do with it. Its probably just a fluke thing. Zinc and Magnesium are an awesome supplement combo, and most people who eat a western diet are at least a little deficient in one or both. I enjoy taking them both before bed, but make sure you dont consume them within an hour or two of consuming any dairy because calcium competes with receptors for the absorption of zinc and magnesium.

Some benefits Ive noticed from zinc and magnesium:
    Feeling more calm before bed --> easier to get to sleep
    Feeling more rested upon waking
    More "drive" in everyday life (possibly due to testosterone boost, but dont quote me on that)
    Increased libido

I like this brand. Its cheap and works well.
    https://www.amazon.com/NOW-Foods-Zma-90-Capsules/dp/B0013OZGQ0

5. ifthisislove

ifthisislove Fapstronaut

Update: I woke up with morning wood this morning after cutting out pumpkin seed oil. It was probably a flatline that I just came through. I've kept taking on the zinc and the magnesium, but I'm told that because of the type of magnesium supplement I bought was magnesium oxide, it's quite poor in terms of absorption.

Speaking of which, I've not taken my tablets today and it's 5pm local time. Might just take them now.