1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Today is Hard

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by AllanTheCowboy, Sep 1, 2016.

1. AllanTheCowboy

AllanTheCowboy Fapstronaut

I recently made an overture to my wife and, while I would not expect a response yet, it's really hard just sitting and wondering if she threw away the things I brought her (a handcrafted gift, and several weeks of letters), or if they are sitting unopened, or if she is reading them. Today is a significant date, and being alone is extra difficult.

September and reconditioned mind like this.
  2. i_wanna_get_better1

i_wanna_get_better1 Fapstronaut

We're holding our breaths with you. You may be physically alone right now but you have a community of people hoping things work out for you. Those letters probably gave her a lot to think about. The waiting must be agonizing, but we're right here with you.

3. Ted Martin

Ted Martin Fapstronaut

I'm so sorry to hear that. I can sense your apprehension as well as pain. Hang in there buddy. We're hear for you. I agree with @i_wanna_get_better1 that perhaps she just processing through whatever was shared in the letters. Give it some time and try not to get too hurt or resentful over the lack of response. You are sowing seeds and sometimes it takes a lot of patience to see the fruit of that labor, you know?

4. September

September Fapstronaut

I wish I could give you a hug. Stay strong and be patient. Good luck!

AllanTheCowboy likes this.
  5. Ted Martin

Ted Martin Fapstronaut

Just checking in. How did things go yesterday? Any movement from your wife in regards to your grand gesture?

6. AllanTheCowboy

Thanks everyone. I'm slowly recovering from the other day. No news from my wife. Today was okay after Mass and Adoration, and yesterday a couple fellow parishioners helped me out a lot - that'd be Mary working through them, especially since one was named Maria and the other was from the Legion of Mary, lol. I'm managing. I'll manage.

MsPants and ivanhoe like this.
  7. hoping and praying for you ATC!

8. MsPants

MsPants Guest

As those mentioned in the responses above, I am pulling for you too! I do hope she is processing what you wrote to her. You have shown how dedicated you are to recovery and I hope she can see that as well. Please let us know how things go and stay strong. We are all hopeful and want things to work out for you two!

Ted Martin and AllanTheCowboy like this.
  9. AllanTheCowboy

It's still hard. I'm lonely and sad. :(

10. we're all pulling for you sir!.. and praying for you!

MsPants and desperatehousewife like this.
  11. Ted Martin

Ted Martin Fapstronaut

Sorry to hear you experiencing those difficult emotions. :( Hang in there. Stay strong and resist the urge to numb those hard feelings with things that aren't healthy and will only bring you shame and leave you feeling empty.

MsPants likes this.