1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hopeful, but uncertain - Hello!

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by -eve-, Sep 2, 2016.

1. -eve-

-eve- Fapstronaut

Hi everyone,

My name is M and I just found this website today. I've been struggling with a certain fetish all my life, and feel like the behaviours and feelings around it have been escalating. It has been quite disheartening and worrisome for me. For years, I've been married to an incredibly wonderful spouse who is very supportive, but I have not shared the depth of what I have been going through. For the past year, we have not been very sexual with each other, and this is the crux of my presence here.

Having this fetish has been an affliction of mine since puberty. I suspect it altered the course of my normal sexual development. The psychology of it all is fascinating to me, and I've always been so happy to expand my understanding and awareness of it all. On this website, I do hope to try a full reboot, but am open to suggestions. Furthermore, I am looking to bond with other folks who might share my fetish.

It is such a privilege to be on this website amoungst such supportive people. In the coming days, I will be determining the extent to which I am comfortable sharing the details of my current situation. I've used my personal email account for my NoFap account, but have blocked any nofap emails from staying in my inbox; I'm disabling email notifications. I will access my NoFap account through a browser with the privacy mode activated (much like how I've been accessing my fetish materials).

My cherished hope is that my sexuality will remain completely anonymous here - like it is in my personal life, - and that I will feel at ease with the prospect of fully unpacking the underpinnings of my sexuality with this community. If anyone were to connect my identity here with my identity in real life, it could be quite psychologically damaging. Please know that I welcome any advice regarding this; feel free to state any concerns.

Yours Truly,

M

2. Gilbert

Gilbert Fapstronaut

Welcome to the forums - there's so many people here that struggle with so many different things so you're almost certainly not alone. Read some of the research on this website and have a look at some other people's testimonies and take your next step from there :) all the best!

-eve- likes this.
  3. bluelight

bluelight Fapstronaut

I am glad you joined the forums and to echo @Gilbert, you are not alone. We are all here because we don't have the control over our lives that we want.

-eve- likes this.
  4. Hi M, I'm sorry it has been a disheartening obstacle for you but I'm glad you've come to these supportive forums. I wish I had joined this years ago, there is no hate or judgement because the users can understand what you are going through. I can understand the importance of anonymity as well, it feels refreshing to me to disclose certain aspects of my life yet never reveal my real identity. Hopefully that while you use a browser with a privacy mode activated it doesn't tempt you to look at your fetish materials as well. It is an interesting and somewhat fun experience to show your true self through the forums, everyone is nice and supportive for your journey! Welcome!

-eve- likes this.
  5. -eve-

-eve- Fapstronaut

Thanks so much, Wackin Wolf! You bring up a good point - that the privacy mode might trigger me to look at my fetish materials. I'm going to make sure that the first thing I do in private mode is to log in here. I like the little "Panic button" this website has! I do hope I can reveal parts of myself and fetish that I've never discussed here. Right now, I'm just trying to figure out what's appropriate to share when considering how people might get triggered...

6. Yeah I'm doing the exact same thing any time I get on the computer I come straight here. I imagine it is difficult to gauge what might trigger something for someone, for me it's always sight. I can read about someones fantasies and feel fine but if I see an attractive person my imagination goes wild.

-eve- likes this.