1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Almost shead a few tears...

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Iwannabeme, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Iwannabeme

Iwannabeme Fapstronaut

Took a cold shower earlier(which are helping so so much), they always are a brisk slap in the face to stop being so needy and toughen me up. But during i got hit with a rush of emotion and started what i will call dry crying, crying with no tears. Sounds like its not good but for me its exactly what im looking for. I havent cried for many many years, and it felt so good. Even though i didnt get full release of tears and all that. It was progress. It sparks from the complete numb state p has left me for the past 8 or 9 years. I dont feel emotions like a person anymore, when i use to be a rather affectionate and caring person. Now i am shallow and heartless and it makes me sick. My mind still knows how to love but my heart does not. I can think love but i cannot feel it anymore. It leads to having good people in my life but lacking any deeper friendships because of lack of emotions. So leaves me pretty empty and lonely. Just got to my 7 day goal pmo free. Now starting a 90 day counter. I want to be myself agin.

2. Jpr

Jpr Fapstronaut

Hey thats good for you dude that you want to get better for yourself and away from p. You can do it Best of luck :D

3. Peterparay

Peterparay Fapstronaut

That's a really nice story to hear, bro. I may even try a few cold showers myself haha

4. That is one of the best pieces of advice I read earlier and those help out soooo much. The daily dose of humility really puts things into perspective for me.

Iwannabeme likes this.
  5. Iwannabeme

Iwannabeme Fapstronaut

Yes so true, p has always left me rather viod of emotions or feeling anything at all really. Which from the outside could appear tough, but reall it is the opposite it is just numb. You gain no strength or benifit from pmo but rather just deadened to everything, so like you said it is almost humbling to have the cold water hit you and actually have somthing that gives you discomfort. Other than that, nothing can reach through the wall i have built up through pmo. Thanks for the reply, gained a little more insight into it.

Krutonpalmer3 and WesternWolf like this.
  6. That's a great way to put it! Now I'm just imagining taking a sledgehammer to a brick wall I've had in my mind for the longest time, hopefully going down easier since it's been up for so long. Awesome reply man!

Iwannabeme likes this.
  7. Iwannabeme

Iwannabeme Fapstronaut

Agreed, same here. I may need a bulldozer myself haha but i will do whatever it takes to get through it and break through to the other side. And i can tell you are pretty sincere, you will make it to my friend! Just keep on swinging away!

Krutonpalmer3 and WesternWolf like this.
  8. Sleeping_Beauty

Sleeping_Beauty Fapstronaut

I know what you mean, MO has sapped my ability to feel love in the heart, too. But last night I felt some love for everything around me in the world and it brought me to dry tears, too, as you described. I'm so glad you're already discovering the benefits of nofap! Keep it up :D

Krutonpalmer3 and Iwannabeme like this.