1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Improving fitness. Let's do it together

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by xhridoy, Sep 4, 2016.

1. xhridoy

xhridoy Guest

During the journey of NoFap a lot of us usually start doing exercise. I personally used to body-weight exercises without any goal before but after entering into NoFap journey in hard mode, I am focusing more into it.

My goal is to improve my current situations, though it tough but trying everyday to improve. Below is the list :
    1) Running 1 km and high speed walking around 4km. ( My goal is to cover the whole 5 km by running within next 2 months)
    2) Squat 35 in three sets ( Goal : Improving to 45 squats in three sets)
    3) Plunk 1 min (Goal: 3 min with 1 month)
    4) High knees : 120 (Goal : 160)
    5) Pushup : 30 (Goal : 45 in three sets within months)

A lot of people may laugh at me because of my really little list, but in reality I am not that fit physically. But now I am focusing to improve. Please join the journey, share your goals and progress.

Mikevalentine likes this.
  2. LimitlessZen

LimitlessZen Fapstronaut

Hey,

It's really cool that you're getting your exercise and I think a good place to start is a program. Check out stronglifts 5 x 5 as a guideline. That can also help with your diet if you want to pack on some muscle.

JesusGreen likes this.
  3. xedger

xedger Guest

Well anyone who does is an idiot. Strength and good luck to you :)

xhridoy likes this.
  4. Benhart21

Benhart21 Fapstronaut

I do Ice Cream Fitness but schoolwork has prevented me from doing it fullblown 3 times a week. I also have a tall skinny frame and I'm not proud of it. People usually tell me I don't need to exercise because I have no fat to burn but I want to gain muscle myself. I also have a hard time increasing my protein intake on meals

5. xhridoy

xhridoy Guest

Thank You. Slowly hard works are showing positive sign, though not much. Almost can cover 2 km, but not in a single stretch which I hoped for. Squat reached for 40, rest didn't improve rather declined. Still I am hopeful, I guess my body needs time to adapt.

@LimitlessZen I did checked stronglift 5x5, thanks for it. However I found another great website for bodyweight exercise, darebee.com , I encourage others to have a look into it. It has great range and needs no special equipment.

Thanks for the support guys.

6. bodigura

bodigura Fapstronaut

thats cool website, thank!

7. Hellboy123

Hellboy123 Fapstronaut

Start somewhere dude! Yesterday I smashed 150+ squats until my body could handle no more, and today woke up feeling great. Remember the testosterone increase that will come from exercise, once you tap into that feeling, your mind set will change, and it takes 2 weeks to form a new habit, so keep it up.

Personally, I dont like lists, instead, I push as hard as I can and keep a counter in my head. From there, I'll switch body systems.

8. LimitlessZen

LimitlessZen Fapstronaut

Strong lifts is really great. I am using a the classic Push Pull Legs Program. It's also quite great for building mass or shredding some body fat - depending on what your goal is. Dropped about 4kilos to date in 7 weeks. Looking forward to cutting out a bit more weight.

9. Dr.NoFap

Dr.NoFap Fapstronaut

Over a month of NoFap and I'm lifting and running like a maniac. I am so energized, it's not even funny.

10. franco216

franco216 Fapstronaut

I like this. I started doing push-ups a week ago. I was trying with a mix of body-weight exercises but stuck with push-ups because somehow I enjoy them the most.

I guess at some point, I should count how many I can do in a row, so I can report progress here :)

11. idclip

idclip Fapstronaut

I already do jogging three times a week, objective is to run 1 hour without breaks.

I also do physical exercise other three days a week, about this I'm quite inconsistent and I've been slacking off way too much lately.

I'll try to improve and report here any progress made.

12. bodigura

bodigura Fapstronaut

run in 1 hour? wow i just can endure for 5 minutes

13. xhridoy

xhridoy Guest

Guys do post your progress for inspiring each others. For me now I can do 60 squats in 4 sets, run for 2 km at single stretch, plank for almost 2 minutes and following 2 simple bodyweight workouts of darebee (these two are very easy and simple stretching type workouts for beginners like me) :

1) Balance and co-ordination: http://darebee.com/workouts/balance-and-coordination-workout.html
    2) Anchor : http://darebee.com/workouts/anchor-workout.html

I am extremely happy with my "slow" progress because I am not a fit guy physically, but slowly getting into some.

14. nfprogress

nfprogress Fapstronaut

I made exercise a priority in my life some time ago and am inching closer to my goals. Realistically, I think I am about two years away from where I would like to be ideally. Life, she has many ups and downs, so I do not expect the path to be a straight line.

My workout routine is now pretty simple, but effective.
    • Jog slowly 10-20 miles per week. Usually no more than 1 hour at a time.
    • 84 flights of stairs (168 round trip) every business day. Goal here is to be able to run them fast and also improve by using additional backpack weight (can do body weight + 60 lbs now, but am very slow).
    • Lifting 4 x per week. Goal is to maintain 225 lbs for 5x5 on bench, 3 plates on the squat and haphazard rowing work. 3 main lifts may be enough for me with some occasional sandbag work thrown in for the sake of variety.
    I am a bit older so my strength goals are not too lofty, but I have a lot of ambition with respect to the strength/cardio combination and want to make sure I stay in shape to tackle once or twice yearly 14er's. Best of luck to all of you. The time you put into your fitness is paid back in spades.

15. Kvath

Kvath Fapstronaut

Best of luck man, exercise does helps and with time you'll see improvements, definitely helps with anxiety of nofap too. It was not long ago since i was running behind my friends and now they are the ones falling behind :D best of luck.

16. Tasmanian

Tasmanian Fapstronaut

Thanks for the thread. I use exercise too. No precise system nor lists, but these are my goals:
    - run 7km in 45min by the end of November
    - 15 consecutive pull-ups by mid-October
    - i want to learn the front-lever and muscle-up within 6-12months
    - lose 3kg of weight by end-October

At this point I have already lost weight from 90kg down to 75, and I started with pull-ups and chinups being able to do about 3-4 each, am now at about 10 of either. I started training about 6months ago.

17. xhridoy

xhridoy Guest

Hey guys,

Its nice to see how we are into something useful :). This is just great. It will pay off in long term. I would like to add, though we are doing our exercise every day we should also focus on our daily lifestyle. Too much sitting is bad for our posture and health, try to move every now and then. there is a great video that explains in detail.

idclip likes this.
  18. franco216

franco216 Fapstronaut

So ... I currently do three sets of push-ups, the first one is three times 8 push-ups, the second is three times 7, the last one is three times 6. If I can do that consistently (currently I can't) I'll increase the number.

Also, I rediscovered other exercises that are not as much about muscle power than about coordination. I think they are good substitutes when I need distraction and can't do the push-ups.

19. bodigura

bodigura Fapstronaut

i want to ask something,

how about naked when we do a workout? like squat jumps or jumping jack, because when i naked, i can endured more time and do more reps because i was distracted with "the bounchy thing"

it'll do harm? or not?

20. xhridoy

xhridoy Guest

hahaha..nice way to do things... no idea it will do any harm or not.. some fitness expert can only talk about this.