1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Sleep, a strange thing with self-will

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Breaking Fap, May 12, 2014.

1. Breaking Fap

Breaking Fap Fapstronaut

One of the most important physical advantages of NoFap is: Having more physical Energy, and correspondingly psychological energy.

Do you have experience with improvement of sleeping quality induced by NoFap?
    I have a big problem with sleep most of the time. During the day I am deadly tired.

Approaching night, I just dont want to sleep. That is really strange, because my tiredness did not vaporize in air, it still must be there, and in fact it is. But it does not drive me to my bed. It rather makes me just incapable in doing anything else.

Sometimes it helps to read a book, because my observation was, that reading something might expose my tiredness.

2. iam struggling to sleep since not fapping my mind is overworking iam thinking about things more its hard to explain may be withdrawels or something

3. Breaking Fap

Breaking Fap Fapstronaut

Today I could not stay away from a midday sleep because of my tiredness. Waking up,
    I felt even worse, not to mention my extrem disgust concerning Fapping, and my self-disgust.

In this situation It is impossible for me to relapse just by myself, but I cant estimate the outcome, if there would be some triggers. I am now in a triggerless environment. Its a gray, rainy, dark weather now in germany, no short skirts, no sexual laxity on the streets out there.

4. Piotr

Piotr Fapstronaut

I noticed that since I had quited PMO I sleep better then whenever. Perheps, you will experience the same effects after 1-2 weeks.

5. Dodongo64

Dodongo64 Fapstronaut

I've found that my reluctance to sleep is due to my fear of waking in the middle of the night and accidentally edging. It's happened before and it seems like night time is a really vulnerable time. I usually just wait until I'm really tired, say a prayer before I lie down, and try to stay aware of the long term effects of my actions at night. Hope this helps at all.
    Keep it up man, you're doing the right this by quitting.

6. Trebor9

Trebor9 Guest

Problems with sleep are most likely to be of habitual problems and of your environment.

First off, you might have changed your sleep ritual by abstaining from PMO ( if you did this regularly before sleep). So you may take some weeks to re-adjust.

Second, this is where you can have the most influence, is sleep rhythm. Try to go to bed at the same time and wake up at the same time. Keep in mind that you need to sleep in blocks of 1,5 hours (average sleep cycle). So either sleep 3 hours, 6 hours, 7,5 hours, 9 hours, you get the idea. Plan your sleep time, for example go to bed everyday at 23:30, wake up at 7:00. Rhythm is key! Your sleep rhythym is more important than the amount of sleep, however I advise to always get at least 6 hours. Try to avoid sleeping too long in the weekend, or staying up too long.

Third, preparation. Stop watching at screens an hour before bedtime. Screens do not allow your body to make melatonin (sleep hormone). So no TV, no PC, no smartphone, nothing. Try to find something else to do. I myself find reading helpful. Also do not try to do work/study right before sleeping.

Last but not least, exercise. Regular exercise makes sleeping at night easier.

I hope these tips can help.

7. Breaking Fap

Breaking Fap Fapstronaut

Yes you are absolutely right. Thank you that you remembered me.

8. WhiteSoul

WhiteSoul Fapstronaut

After more than 30 days (I stopped counting there) I can say that I sleep better, but in addition to this i seem to need more sleep. I'm really tired in the evening, whereas some weeks ago, I could stay up for a very long time.

And sometimes I need a midday sleep as well. I hope this will get better over time...