1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Why are men always the dumb ones in tv commercials?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Moogie, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Moogie

Moogie Fapstronaut

Almost every tv commercial show men as the dumb one and the women as the smart one. Why do they do that for?

2. Kdot

Kdot Guest

Because they want us to believe that lie so we get married to a woman and be miserable for the remainder of our lifes but smart men stay single

3. Dr.NoFap

Dr.NoFap Fapstronaut

Because the annoying modern feminists will complain if the roles were reversed.

Deleted Account and ivanhoe like this.
  4. feo1966

feo1966 Fapstronaut

OK. I will probably step into it here. But I will try anyway. Those that have a perceived advantage cannot make fun of those with a perceived disadvantage, real or imagined

Eddie Murphy another black comedians make fun of white people all the time. But it would not be ok for a white comedian to make fun of people of color.

When I was in high school there was a group of us that played tennis together. We were immature and would tease one another about making bad shots. One of the guys in the group was very good and actually won regional tournaments, One day he teased one of the group about making a bad shot and the guy got very angry. The good guy asked me later "how come I can't tease like you guys". I said because you are so much better than us....it feels like you were talking down to us.

So it's probably the same with men and women in commercials. Women have definitely had many disadvantages, especially in certain fields. They do run up against glass ceilings, etc.

In a nutshell .....men are fair game to be fun of, whereas it would be risky for a company to make fun of women in their commercial.