1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you ever really gain trust back?

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by MsPants, Sep 16, 2016.

1. @MsPants

Unfortunately I don't have any amazing words of advice. I wish I did.

*virtual hugs*

oreogirl and MsPants like this.
  2. oreogirl

oreogirl Fapstronaut

@MsPants so much love to you. I caught my husband in chat rooms 5 years ago, I was devistated and he swore he would quit. I caught him 6 months later, funny I kind of blocked that out in the beginning of his reboot, he swore he would quit, it was just stupid curiosity... Fast forward 4.5 years to 6 months ago, I caught him and he was strong and ready to be done with it. Why? He truly was controlled by it, and I am glad we are still together, and it is hard, like tears rolling down my face hard. And would I have left him? I just don't know, I think the answer is yes though, I was done, I could see another life for myself free of the pain and suffering. Lying is a insidious drip on your soul, and I could not bare it anymore. I still wonder as we heal, is the scarring from the PMO addiction to much, we are only strong enough to keep going because he is committed every single day to be in recovery, without that we just don't have a chance. I wish I knew what would penetrate the brain cloud your SO is floundering in... Even with my husband in active recovery, some days it feels insurmountable. I have to say it, he is a fucking idiot, and he may not see it Til it is too late. I can't imagine the pain of this past week for you, I could not do it, not with the strength and clarity you have shone, you are so cared for here at NoFap, a beacon of light, don't forget to scream some too. Life is unfair.

MsPants, LizzyBlanca and Jen@8675309 like this.
  3. oreogirl

oreogirl Fapstronaut

My heart bleeds for you, for me, for us all - most of us are only a few lies away from where you are, and we have no control. Wow, new facets of this journey to contemplate and worry about. It's a shit storm for sure

MsPants and Jen@8675309 like this.
  4. Mackswell Hope

Mackswell Hope Fapstronaut

Oh I totally understand where you are coming from - what I was trying (sorry if I didn't succeed!) to convey was that, if I were to place myself in your position (something one is obviously not capable of doing completely), then the mixed feelings and not wanting to leave stranded someone you love is quite understandable. Put another way, no matter how terrible an addiction my SO had and its impact on me, I know I would be torn about making a choice to leave. All of this was to say that I don't want to say to you: 'You should do x or y'. I just want to say that you deserve love, and the knowledge that you deserve love should be part of your decision making process. Given what a torrid time you are having, and noting the possibility my communication has gone awry again, I will simply say it again: You deserve love! My best wishes, MH

MsPants and Jen@8675309 like this.
  5. MsPants

MsPants Guest

@Mackswell Hope and @oreogirl thank you. I haven't cried this hard in a week. I don't feel that my SO is getting clean this time for the right reasons, just like his last time he claimed to be getting clean for himself, but was just to get our life back to what it was. I know that I should be loved, but not feeling that I deserve it is probably why I stayed with him for so long, it goes back to my childhood. I am a strong woman when I am thinking about my daughter and what I want her to see of her mom, what I want her to learn from her mom, but not so strong when it is only about me.

@Mackswell Hope it is difficult to read that I deserve love, even though rationally I believe it. It really hits hard to read it. I realize that I have ignored every part of what I need in order to be with him, even though we love each other. This is the worst decision I've ever had to make. I do love him, but what I love and need is not what he gives me.

@oreogirl so what kept you there? What kept you from leaving?

Mackswell Hope likes this.
  6. Mackswell Hope

Mackswell Hope Fapstronaut

Your username indicates 'Pending Deletion'.
    I think about you often, and I will continue to. You are a beacon of bravery and hope. Your light has shone in dark corners, now let it find some company for an even brighter day.
    My very best wishes for you on your journey.

Gautama likes this.
  7. Mywifesbabydaddy

Mywifesbabydaddy Fapstronaut

Ms pants I'm a little late to the thread but I feel for you. I was going to reply to your thread but I'm glad I found this quote. You said it yourself, you have to be strong for your daughter, the fact that he treated her badly is not cool at all. He seems to not have hit rock bottom yet while you seem to be stuck to the floor. You have to pick yourself up and remember to be an example to your daughter a woman's worth, he definitely does not appreciate it and it's a shame.
    I hope you can make it through regardless of what you decide to do.

8. September

September Fapstronaut

Allan, I would like just to say thank you! You are doing a great job! Your words brought a relief for me when I was also struggling with trust issues.
    I think you should write a book!

9. AllanTheCowboy

AllanTheCowboy Fapstronaut

I've got an idea rolling around my head. A couple, actually. Allegorical novels personifying PMO is some set of actual antagonists.

Thank you. For now I guess I'll just keep marching around the walls until Day 7.