1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

No More Mr. Nice Guy Challenge: Becoming a Stronger Man. (Dudes Only)

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Slayerknightlvl100, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Slayerknightlvl100

Slayerknightlvl100 Fapstronaut

It doesn't.

2. Credo

Credo Guest

Thank you for the encouragement and offer. I've been to counseling and it helped a lot. I hope your therapy helps you in your journey of healing. For me my therapist said we had reached a point where we had gone as far as we could go. He said I had a very clear and accurate understanding of my situation/problem and that the best remedy now would be to join a group where I could interact with others who've overcome past trauma and who are now living healthy and productive lives. I really don't know where to find such a group. Maybe a SA 12-step group.

Slayerknightlvl55 likes this.
  3. The human failure

The human failure Fapstronaut

I've read the book before. Honestly I hated it, things like that and the "Book of Pook" just made me feel disgusted with being a man even more than before. Shit like "men can't cry" or "men always have to be strong" just make me want to kill myself. At least they helped influence me towards buying anti-androgens and coming out as a trans abomination.

4. Credo

Credo Guest

Do you by chance remember what part of the book gave you this impression?

5. The human failure

It was more a general impression from the tone of the book.

6. Slayerknightlvl100

Here's the thing: the book doesn't give the impression that men shouldn't be disconnected from their feelings. In fact, it's quite the opposite. The book encourages men recognize their feelings and to express them in healthy manners. Now, I think I know what you're getting at when you say the book gave off the "men always have to be strong" sort of tone. Men do have to be strong. When a man isn't courageous, ambitious, or has a strong sense of pride, he isn't his natural male self and that leads to feelings of powerlessness and depression. I'm sorry you feel that way about the book but this path isn't for everyone. I would recommend you give it another shot because the road to your authentic self is a long and hard one. However, you know what's best for you and if you want to go the androgyny route, that is within your right.

7. Slayerknightlvl100

Also, these feeling of wanting to kill yourself is a serious statement. Do you really want to kill yourself because of the feelings the book gave you and the fear that you could never live up to those expectations, or was that a figure of speech?

oioimarkyboy likes this.
  8. The human failure

yeah I have a lot of problems. As for killing myself part I think it's pretty inevitable if I keep doing what I'm doing, my mental breakdowns have been getting worse recently and eventually I'll probably end up dying in the midst of one if I don't change anything.

If I had to explain my feelings it would be this, even if I followed everything that book said and ten years from now I had a great job and a beautiful wife I would feel like I wasn't being true to myself. Also in general that's just the way I like my body, smaller and "cute" (if you can call it that with a straight face) instead of big and strong. I don't like books like this because they ask me to give up what makes me me in order to become a more accepted and successful member of society. That is probably worth it for some people but for me it just makes me feel kind of sick.

I'm sorry if my thoughts are jumbled, they usually are. If you want to talk further I'd suggest over PM. I don't want to derail this thread further with my nonsense.

SyrusDrake and oioimarkyboy like this.
  9. oioimarkyboy

oioimarkyboy Fapstronaut

ive started a training routine...not many hench wankers about...haha depends what gym you go to.

join me gents...

Attached Files:

• #.pdf
      File size:
      437.2 KB
      Views:
  10. Dr.NoFap

Dr.NoFap Fapstronaut

I got this book as a gift about 10 years ago. I never touched it. I'm going to start reading it tomorrow.

Slayerknightlvl55 likes this.
  11. Slayerknightlvl100

Okay, I see what you mean. Firstly, you're not derailing the thread. This is what it is for so don't feel that way.
    Secondly, it is always good to be true to yourself. Think about who you truly want to be. You came to this thread for a reason. Do you really want to be a strong, masculine man or something else?
    You describe your body and how you truly want it to be and that's cool. If you're more comfortable with being small and cute, just be that. You don't have to follow societal norms. We live in a day and age where there it is becoming more tolerant to be androgynous.
    In terms of suicide, I would recommend a therapist. Even though it's great that you're talking about what's troubling you (this is the first step to recovery) a therapist will help you fully come out of this horrible stage in your life. I will say that suicide is never the answer. Right now, things look bad but things will get better. You have the power to change your mindset and to come out of what you're going through. Life is a great a precious thing. I got high a month ago and it took my consciousness to a whole level. I saw life as full of possibilities and love. Love for a woman, love to do whatever you want to do, and most importantly, the love and desire for authenticity and freedom. So, I think that you're just exploring the possibilities and you're just figuring out whom you truly want to be. That is a journey we all must take and eventually we all have the potential to succeed at.

Deleted Account likes this.
  12. Slayerknightlvl100

Yes!

13. The human failure

No I don't really want to be a man period. I just remembered the book title. I originally got it recommended from a bunch of redpillers (not very nice people) who were trying to "fix" me into becoming an "alpha" like they claim to be. I had to come here to see if it was the same kind of intimidation tactics that got me to read the book in the first place. Luckily it's not like that at all so that's nice.

As for therapy, I'm currently seeing a therapist who is actually the one who recommended I go on hormones in the first place. Even though I haven't started them yet and have only ordered them for some reason the thought helps put my mind at ease. I don't know, I'm weird. Even though my actions won't give me any points with girls at least I can finally be comfortable in my own body so that's really nice.

Also thanks for saying that it's okay to do what I'm doing. I've had so many PMs from people trying to fix me. It's terrible actually, reminds me of my time with the red pillers. ugh.

14. Credo

Credo Guest

Firstly, I want to say I'm sorry you're experiencing suicidal thoughts and desires. I've had my own suicidal thoughts and experiences and the feeling of suffocating in hopelessness. Fortunately I was able to make some break through with therapy and I would say it was going to therapy which made me recommit to myself. I remember writing a letter to myself stating that no matter what, I would never give up on myself. This letter, I believe, was my first step to closing the door to suicide as being an option. At the bottom of the letter I signed my name and my therapist signed as a witness. I think writing a letter like this is a very powerful statement and act of self-care. I would encourage you to try it and have someone who knows you be there to sign it. If you need to, frame it and hang it in your room.

Secondly, the impression I've gotten from the book is that its purpose is to help men be the men they approve of. It's not about necessarily having the amazing job, the trophy wife, muscles, or anything superficial like that. No, rather it's about being the person YOU approve of. Living your life for YOUR own approval; not societies, not your wife/husband's, girlfriend/boyfriends, or even your family/friends approval. The "Nice Guys" sacrifice themselves in order to get other peoples approval or validation because they think this is where their self-worth resides. But self-worth can only be found from within. It's inherent and not based on some outside entity.

Lastly, there is no reason to be sorry for anything in this tread. This was created as a place where we as men can come to support each other, so thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings with us.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2016
    The human failure likes this.
  15. The human failure

Thanks! I might try that letter to myself thing. I don't really mind being nice, I've always detested the selfish attitude that most people trying to "convert" "nice guys" seem to have. If I want to do things for other people that shouldn't be any of their business. Although recently I've really felt like the one time I'm doing something for my own benefit it seems like now everyone is trying to stop me from becoming who I want to be. xD

It's kinda ironic like that.

16. Slayerknightlvl100

I'll look into this.

oioimarkyboy likes this.
  17. oioimarkyboy

oioimarkyboy Fapstronaut

yes mate lets smash it!!

18. The human failure

The leg workout looks interesting. Hmm. I only do cardio and leg workouts, here's mine if you want to see.
    [​IMG]
    It's pretty difficult. For me at least :p

19. Slayerknightlvl100

Hmmm... so basically you came here to police us. That's unfortunate. I also find that interesting. It echoes an increasingly feminized society where masculinity is demonized and all-male groups have to be spied on. Bonobo chimps do the same thing. Whenever a male tries to gain power within the group-they are otscrized.
    Also, I'm technically a redpiller and I'm not out to fix anybody. This isn't for everyone. I'm trying to get stronger and become my more authentic, masculine self. Anyone that would like to do the same, they are more than welcomed.
    With that being said, you're welcomed to the thread too. But, I'm just letting you know, the convos here will be getting controversial, as they should. We are going to be laying it all on the line because that's a part of the process of becoming masculine men. We have to cleanse ourselves of all the things that keep us from achieving our true masculine selves.

Credo likes this.