1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone see the Walking Dead premiere?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by StepsReborn, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

Did you enjoy the episode?

I predicted the double-death but frankly I thought it would be Glenn and then Daryl.

Tough episode to watch. Yeun and Cudlitz are great actors and it's sad to see them go. Glenn provided a cutesy melodramatic attitude to the show and Abraham was very funny, vulgar, etc. I appreciate all of these things.

My original prediction was that Negan will die towards the end of S8. However, I now feel he will die in perhaps late-S9 / early-S10.

He's such a powerful character; would be tough to kill off.

Anyways -- looking forward to s7e2.

P.S. Please don't spoil the comics for me -- not even close to being caught up with them yet!

2. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

Please noooo I can't see it legally yet in my country. Not for free at least.
    I've yet to see season 6.

Deadlihood likes this.
  3. Well then don't read this thread, silly!

I did enjoy it!

I definitely didn't predict the double death. I've been trying not to really speculate on who would die, but I figured it would be someone kind of "important." So when it was Abraham, I was like "uh... really?" I was a little disappointed. Not that I wanted anyone to die really, but just because it felt like they chickened out. But then wham! Second blow comes out of nowhere!

I also really loved the scene where Rick is being forced to chop off Carl's arm. The whole episode is so hard to watch, but that scene was incredibly powerful. Andrew Lincoln is just such an amazing actor. The scene where he breaks down after finding out that Lori died always gets me, and I think this one with Carl almost trumps that.

I saw afterward, on the Talking Dead show, that they were trying to make Neegan awful enough and have enough terrible stuff happen that the audience would really believe that Rick would be broken and hopeless over it. I think they accomplished that. The characters have already faced so much that if this episode hadn't been as terrible and gruesome as it was, we probably would have been thinking "what's the big deal? Just go take him out like you always do." There's something really powerful and emotional about seeing such a strong, hopeful, tough guy like Rick break

Deadlihood and Star Lord like this.
  4. I don't read the comics, so no worries there. But if anyone else posts, please don't spoil them!

Deadlihood likes this.
  5. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

Ahhhhh I'm clicking unwatchable thread...sorry steps aaaahhh

Deadlihood and StepsReborn like this.
  6. I was definitely shocked. I had predicted correctly, in that I thought it would be --- OR ---, but I never anticipated they would pull an "AND" on us! It added a different dimension to an already harsh episode. As much as I loved the 2nd character, I appreciated them killing him off because I was still a little sore from the fake-out earlier in the season. It was simply ridiculous for them to pull a bait-and-switch. The show needed to return to its roots: the overwhelming sense of dread and the knowledge that nobody is safe (except for Rick and Daryl, especially Daryl - I think mass riots would ensue if they ever dared kill him off). It seems as if the relatively minor character kills were making the show lose credibility and creative prowess due to its popularity. Don't get me wrong - I still believe it to be the greatest show on television even before the season 7 premiere!

Deadlihood likes this.
  7. Yeah, I totally agree with you that it was losing a bit of that "anything can happen" feel, since nobody super important has died recently. and I also agree that I loved that character, but I wasn't too sad to see them go. It wasn't as hard, for me, as losing Beth a few seasons ago. I know most people don't give one single crap about Beth, but I loved how her character was evolving and then it just kind of ended, out of blue, in the middle of her character arc. So that was hard for me. This one was mostly just shocking and so terribly brutal. :/

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2016
    Deleted Account and Deadlihood like this.
  8. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

Merle and Beth were the most disappointing deaths. So much story potential (etc.) for them. . .

Great, great characters (portrayed by great actors.)

StepsReborn and Deleted Account like this.
  9. Beth was a harsh one, I forgot about her. I was never bothered by Beth - I thought she was a very endearing character. The only character that has annoyed me is Carl, but he's slowly growing on me.

The one that stands out for me was when Carol shot Lizzie. I think that was the most emotionally impactful supporting character death, if anything because of how tragic it was and how it affected Carol throughout. I'm so glad Carol wasn't part of the potential Negan kills because she's one of my favorite characters, following her transformation from Season 1.

This season has so much potential. This is the only show I watch that I can't wait for each episode to come out. Others I can let stack up on my DVR, but this one is a must watch the moment it airs.

Deadlihood likes this.
  10. Oh yeah! That was definitely a crazy one. I love Carol so much. She's one of my favorites for sure.

Deadlihood and Deleted Account like this.
  11. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

I like Carol -- Melissa McBride is an underrated actress IMHO -- but I didn't give a flying fuck when Mika or Lizzie died. I literally was like, "Whatever. Cruel world." Guess I wasn't too fond of their characters.

It was very much crucial to Carol's development as a character, though, yes.

StepsReborn likes this.
  12. I agree. I found that episode interesting because of how it affected Carol, but I didn't care about those girls.

I think my favorite Carol plot so far was when they first arrived at Alexandria (I think that's the one... I always get the town names mixed up) and she fakes being a meek like woman baking cookies lol

13. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

Yep! I love it when she scared the fuckshit out of Sam when threatening to tie him up to a tree. Sam was an annoying little bitch. :rolleyes:

Deleted Account and StepsReborn like this.
  14. Lol yeah that cracked me up so much. I used that quote for weeks. Any time anything annoyed me, I'm like "knock it off, or you're gonna wake up on the other side of the wall!"

15. I stopped watching this show after a few seasons. Figured I'd get back into it and see what's up by starting the new season ... and remembered why I stopped watching the show. That was horrific.

Deadlihood likes this.
  16. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

Lmao. Watch it all. It's worth it.

17. nfprogress

nfprogress Fapstronaut

Watched first episode of new season. Was impressed. Walking Dead is back!

Deadlihood likes this.
  18. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

Good episode tonight -

Ezekiel's a great character; really liked the realism he showed at the end of the episode.

Deleted Account likes this.
  19. I think this was the best walking dead episode that I have seen since No Way Out.I was tense the entire episode.Negan is a great villian.

Deadlihood and Deleted Account like this.