1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Obligatory first post from a NoFap newbie

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by redchipmunk, May 27, 2014.

1. redchipmunk

redchipmunk New Fapstronaut

Hi all,

Here is the introduction I posted in NoFap reddit:

This is the first post I've ever made in NoFap. In fact, this is the first post on Reddit ever. I managed to find the NoFap community through a blog article (months ago), and it never left my mind as one of the potentially effective tool to help me. But yet - here I am months later, instead of days later.
    Anyhow - here I am ... Day 1. My goal is to start small. No P for 30 days. A little bit about me in case this helps anyone or makes it relevant for a potential NoFap joiner.
    I'm 32 years old. Happily married. I have a son and another one on the way. I lead a good life, with a good job, with a good salary. However, I still feel I'm being held back due to my P habits. I've always known I had a problem, but never realised that it would stick to me this long. Always thought it would just phase itself out. I'm done underestimating the problem and want to recognise and seek help.
    Thanks to all of you who have posted and continually nudged me to join this community finally!

Cheers!

2. Spartan

Spartan Fapstronaut

U da shit brah. U can do this and cut this shit outta your life.

Get yourself a counter and f**k FAP shit !

Stay spartan.

3. james1985

james1985 Fapstronaut

Good luck. 30 days seems like a sensible first goal. Filters might be useful for you, and also journaling about your experience could be useful. Stick with it, first week is the hardest, after that it gets easier.