1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Social engineering

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by thatoneguy123, Dec 3, 2016.

1. thatoneguy123

thatoneguy123 Fapstronaut

There's always this impression that woman are dumb and teenagers are wild drug addicts by nature but I think it's all Social engineering.. The media is encouraging this and who ever is curious on why this is happening they look on the Internet and are given this information which is controlled by the same ppl and they says all of this is just there nature.. We should be careful of what sources we get our info from and not be quick to worship someone who claims to be a professional there is to much corruption.. Many ways of mind control one method that's used a lot is repetition as you see in movies high schoolers drinking college students partying and then this bullshit about a mid life crisis which is more like spiritual neglect and bad karma from earlier years of corruption these are only few examples

spartanroma2800 likes this.
  2. Rikarwb

Rikarwb Fapstronaut

The media will always control the weak-minded, because they have no other place to lean on. Luckily, there are people who think for themselves, and always ask for facts or proof behind other people's opinions or claims.

3. spartanroma2800

spartanroma2800 Fapstronaut

It's simple. Those who are in power will do their best to remainin power.

4. the crow

the crow Guest

People who are able to think for themselves are aware that there are no facts, that proof is often irrelevant, and the only truth there might be is found by one's own efforts, not by demanding that others provide it.

You're an onion, made up of countless layers. Beneath all those layers, is the tiniest core of what you are. Your Soul.
    If, indeed, you have one.

5. Rikarwb

Rikarwb Fapstronaut

Did you just call me ... AN ONION ??
    Oh I'm so triggered right now.

6. the crow

the crow Guest

It was a compliment.

7. Rikarwb

Rikarwb Fapstronaut

So you're saying i make people cry ? :(

And by the way, what do you mean "there are no facts" ?

8. the crow

the crow Guest

If you don't make people cry, you may as well not exist.
    As for facts: what are they, anyway? Things people agree are true? What difference does anybody's agreement or disagreement make to the thing in question?
    Is the earth flat? If 99% of people believe it is, does that make it so?
    Is there life after death? 'Fact is' nobody knows. But I know. Am I wrong, because nobody else knows?

Facts are slippery things. Created in the mind. Nothing in the mind is real. Therefore, facts are not real.

9. Rikarwb

Rikarwb Fapstronaut

"what are they, anyway? Things people agree are true?"

A fact goes beyond popular belief. All people can agree on something false.

"What difference does anybody's agreement or disagreement make to the thing in question?"

Nothing, but people love to trade opinions and points of views. Afterall, we live in society, and that's essential for social progression.

"Is the earth flat? If 99% of people believe it is, does that make it so? "

No.

"'Fact is' nobody knows. But I know."

Are you not part of "everybody" ?

"Am I wrong, because nobody else knows? "

No, but you are not right either.

"Facts are slippery things. Created in the mind. Nothing in the mind is real. Therefore, facts are not real."

I will agree that the concept of fact was created by humans. But that doesn't mean "nothing can be 100% true". Of course you need a mind to say "That is thing is a rock", but that doesn't mean the thing you call a "rock" doesn't exist.

You seem very experienced in the world of philosophy. Maybe I'm wrong though. :)

10. the crow

the crow Guest

You are indeed wrong. Philosophy plays no part in my life, or in what I 'know'.
    I am, as my name suggests, a creature of direct experience, and of little or no thought.
    Like crows, in general, I am reviled by many humans.
    Like crows, in general, I do not give a toss :)

11. Rikarwb

Rikarwb Fapstronaut

You remind me of a portuguese poet's heteronym, that is very known "for not thinking", and having a sensationism life style. But in the end, he always ends up thinking about something, and he hates himself about it, because he knows he cannot completly escape his human side.

But independently of the philosophy paper on your life ( or the lack of it i guess ), you are a great rhetorician. And that's why i thought, in the first place, you were a philosophy teacher or something :D

12. the crow

the crow Guest

Let's hope I don't really get going. No telling where it will go, or how long for.
    But, if you're wondering, I am a taoist.