1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Fasting

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by CCaptainMan251, Nov 25, 2016.

Tags:
  1. How has fasting benefited you?

2. Frühlingstimme

Frühlingstimme Fapstronaut

I'm gathering willpower to start. I need to eat less, that's for sure.

3. ayas

ayas Fapstronaut

fasting means that you are taking in less calories and so the ones you get would be spent in a wiser and more productive way.. but before all, fasting and deprivation has a wonderfully killer effect on all types of desires and it is a strong manifestation of a strong willpower as well... I do fast from time to time to help me stay on the track

4. I used to do Intermittent fasting every day for 19 to 20 hours. Now I started to slack off and don't do it every day, and when I do it's way less time. I need to get back into that habit. It gave me more energy and made me less hungry during a day, which helped with overeating. It also helped me to improve my focus and memory slightly. I guess you could say that I relapsed back into food haha.

5. Sam Mo

Sam Mo Fapstronaut

Fasting improves your will power ALOt!
    when you get the urge to act out, your will power comes in handy.

6. fiend92

fiend92 Fapstronaut

For losing fat, it works better than anything I've ever tried.
    Builds willpower and makes You feel good too.
    Unfortunately, it affects physical performance a lot, at least for me, so it's hard to keep progressing in the gym if you're not a beginner.

7. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

Helps to shrink my stomach and get my proper eating habits back on track!

8. Audere est Facere

Audere est Facere Fapstronaut

muslim here, did the month long fasting thing.. ramadan ( no eating or drinking for 16 hours daily)

awesome benefits! enlightenment, awareness, losing weight, but still wasn't able to stop pmo during the month! sighh.. this year tho!

i got edgy at time during the close of the fast

9. Smarter, thinner, more motivation, feeling cleaner, meditation is deeper.

Deadlihood likes this.
  10. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

Lost 60 lbs with intermittent fasting while simultaneously adapting nofap. Best life choices I have ever made.

Deadlihood likes this.
  11. HappyDaysAreHereAgain

HappyDaysAreHereAgain Fapstronaut

Fasting certainly will not help build muscle. For that you have to ingest the propper amino acids.
    It does help burn fat, so that the muscles look more defined and less padded.

12. Dziki007

Dziki007 Fapstronaut

I need to try it.

13. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

Definitely true fasting will make you look stronger by dropping fat and making your muscle look more defined. You can potentially gain muscle through intermittent fasting if you eat at maintance or a slight caloric surplus while hitting macros and lifting weights.

Sursum Corda and Kdot like this.
  14. HappyDaysAreHereAgain

HappyDaysAreHereAgain Fapstronaut

More than extra calories, you need the protein, amino acids in proper balance or in excess.

Mankrik likes this.
  15. Yvan

Yvan Fapstronaut

I'm at my first month wihout PM, and did a water fast of 4 days (4 days only vegs reducing - 4 days only water - 4 days only vegs rising). The use of willpower seem the same as the one used to not to PMO. But it's much shorter, only 4 days. What is stricking is that I got to make the difference between feeling like to eat and beeing hungry. Also seeing that I have the willpower not to eat (which is a life condition for living...), it helps you trusting in your willpower for doing other things. Really there are many similarities regarding the mind. And it clean your body in such a way!! I usually have 3 cold till from september till december and this year that I fasted in August, I had no cold at all... miracle. I'll do it again in begining of next year. Great great experience! I learnt a lot about myself.
    Today I completed my first month no PM (2×O) and experienced heavy urges. I get so arroused just while crossing a workmate, it's just insane, at that moment I just only think of having sex with her. I usually would realease these tensions with PMO... For me the key is to eject the thoughts as soon as I'm aware of it.
    Hold fast!