1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

has anyone met women while Rebooting?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Islanders190, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Islanders190

Islanders190 Fapstronaut

I'm just curious has anyone met women while rebooting or shortly after ? so people don't get mad I'm not asking has nofap got you girls. but while on or after rebooting did you get a gf ? friends with benfits? one night stands ? dates ? approached or asked a girl out ?

has anyone met women while rebooting and what should you do because there's people who say your reboot should be your only focus. but what happens if the opportunity to date, or mess around arrives ? I bring it up because you never know what could happen

NF SINCE BIRTH likes this.
  2. outedskeleton

outedskeleton Fapstronaut

Meeting women is actually my problem and why I'm on NoFap; so, hopefully, no.

Why do you ask?

3. Islanders190

Islanders190 Fapstronaut

just curious how far along were they when they met women

4. outedskeleton

outedskeleton Fapstronaut

Ah...just thought it was an interesting question. I was curious what your line of thinking was; whether you thought meeting someone they were interested in sexually affected their recovery or whether them being in recovery affected their chance to meet someone.

Islanders190 likes this.
  5. Islanders190

Islanders190 Fapstronaut

I actually was gonna save that for another post. on has anyone met women while on nofap and what should you do because there's people who say nofap and reboot should be your only focus. but what happens if the opportunity to date, or mess around arrives ? you know what I'll edit this post and add that in

6. Absolutely, it is my goal with rebooting but it is pretty counter productive if you get what I mean. I go out much more often when I am on a decent streak. Got a ONS at day 17 once, but relapsed shortly after. On my last decent streak which lasted around 20 days I made out with four different girls in a week and I was feeling like a baws. When I am on day 0 however or in a binge cycle, nothing happens at all.

7. Islanders190

Islanders190 Fapstronaut

damn bro 4 girls !! we're you at a bar or something how did that happens congrats. and Im not sure I'm capable of turning down a chance with a girl if the opportunity arose.

8. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

I lost my virginity via a one-night stand 3 weeks ago (terrible idea).

9. Yep, but at least you are one experience richer. I lost it on a ONS as well and I regretted it. But I think the first time is doomed to suck.

Deadlihood likes this.
  10. I was out clubbing. I got into a mindset where I just wanted to find out what works and what not. First thing I found out was that making out was pretty easy and does not automatically mean that it is going to lead anywhere. Second thing I found out was that things can get awkward after the kiss and that the kiss does not mean much if it is not well performed. I suck at kissing, but I guess it is something which have to be practiced on. I learned a lot during that week. You will have to look for clues. The girl have to be somewhat into you before you kiss her. One night I kissed a girl which where really into me, then I kissed her friend and suddenly people started noticing that I had balls and more girls started flirting. They invited me to their after party. Big mistake from me was to not get the girls numbers because they got lost at the big party with 2000 students. Eventually I ended up relapsing because this can really mess with your emotions.

11. Sunshadow

Sunshadow Distinguished Fapstronaut

I met my current girlfriend about a year and a half ago, long before I started NoFap. However, we only started dating about two months ago, at which point I was about a month into my reboot.
    So yes and no. I didn't meet girls while on NoFap, but I did get a girlfriend. :D And she's been an incredible help while I've been rebooting. Very supportive and encouraging. Fortunately, neither of us want sex outside marriage, so I don't have to deal with the chaser effect or anything.

The Blue Ocean and Dr. Jekyll like this.
  12. fapshooter

fapshooter Fapstronaut

I've gone on multiple long streaks in the last two years with NoFap, and each time it made me grow a second nut sack and shoot my confidence through the roof. Recently I cold approached a girl for the first time and I was as smooth as honey bourbon lol, got her number and she was very impressed with my confidence. Cold approaching is something I never thought I would do, but it feels so good after you do it.

13. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

Yes sir! Ha ha.

14. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

Nice avatar, I'm on episode 8 of Zeo right now (via Netflix).

15. MJ Warrior 93

MJ Warrior 93 Fapstronaut

I met plenty of women when I was at college. They were all very nice (still are). And no, I never got the chance to get laid with any of 'em. They had me friendzoned.

Islanders190 and Deadlihood like this.
  16. Islanders190

Islanders190 Fapstronaut

there's a podcast I listen to and I always stick by it, they said no one friend zones you but yourself. your intentions and actions werent clear that you wanted something more with them. if after there still not interested in you its not that friend zone occurred it's just that they weren't interested in you like that. but we all learn from our mistakes man keeping moving forward

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
    MJ93 likes this.
  17. You are right about that. You havent really lost a girl before she avoids all contact. With that said, you can not wait to make a move for too long. Normally she will have other men pursuing her as well so if you dont make your intentions clear right away you might already have lost her. After a while it just gets awkward if you start flirting with her after holding back for too long. If things does not work out you should probably forget about her for a while and look for someone who responds better. Life is short. Dont waste it on girls who isnt interested.

MJ93 likes this.
  18. Islanders190

Islanders190 Fapstronaut

man I can't count how many times I wasted on girls who weren't interested in me mostly in high school but college to. I remember being a idiot and waiting for a Girl to break up with her bf thinking that's when my chance to be with her will come. in the meantime I'm putting her on a pedestal and being to polite and quite frankly a pussy around her. uhh those days were terrible lol

19. I am still learning. Right now it feels like I messed up completely. I lost three girls in a short period of time which I had good contact with before. I have a feeling that time made the passion go away. I can try to make a date with them 100 times on facebook and they are always busy. When I meet them randomly however they will gladly join my adventures lol. I guess I should start going more out again, or get some new friends. I have limited my options greatly recently. Almost all my friends gone, except a handful which I have known for years. Time to get a streak going again.

Islanders190 likes this.
  20. Islanders190

Islanders190 Fapstronaut

to lose 3 girls in a period of time can be tough back in 2014 I lost 2 in 3 months but the key is an abunandance mindset, something I'm still getting better at. as for asking girls out on Facebook, I wouldn't recommend that or asking them out via text. I don't know your age I'm 26 and I use to do that. its better in person. on the phone is okay to but in person is great. also when you ask them out whether it's in person or online try not to phrase it like we should go out sometime cause your giving the easy way out for her. she can say sure then when you ask again she's beating around the Bush. just be direct. let's say she likes chocolate and candy. be like hey I know this great little store that sells all kinds of chocolate and there ablsoutly delicious. this Saturday at 4 let's go. or you can say I'll take you there. dont ask what are your doing Saturday because she can make up any excuse. like she's hanging out with friends, she's busy, she's with family that day, etc. you want to be as direct as possible. and man I believe if you ask a girl out and they say there busy or can't if she's interested in you she will say something like for example I can't on Saturday but how about Tuesday ? they will always reschedule the time right away if there interested in you

I also have no friends so I started going to self help group events where like minded people go and there's attractive girls who go. I also got to slaa meetings 12 step. try going to places where you will find like minded and quality friends

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
    NF SINCE BIRTH and MJ93 like this.