1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Get. Set. Run!

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Jiten, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Jiten

Jiten Fapstronaut

I go at least 18 km a week. I'm working 9 to 5, yet I try to find time for running.

runfastmd and (deleted member) like this.
  2. HelpIsOnTheWay

HelpIsOnTheWay Fapstronaut

I am a beginner, but this is part of my New Year goal to participate in several charity run clubs. I am really excited about this vision, and happy to know that I have a team.

Jiten likes this.
  3. Jiten

Jiten Fapstronaut

I bet you get hooked to running :) and enjoy doing it like many of us here. Believe me it will work wonders, and I guarantee that it will be one of the best things that will happen to you if you're consistent enough. We look forward to your updates!

Cheers

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
    HelpIsOnTheWay likes this.
  4. volt2187

volt2187 Guest

I've meant to post in this thread for a while but haven't yet. I've been running for about 2 years, and actually used it to lose 60lbs. This saturday I've got a half-marathon, my 5th this year, haha.

Anyone else participate in races? They're one of my new tools to help me break this pmo habit, because it forces me outside of my shell, but also gives me something that I have to both look forward to and train for. You can't just wake up one day, throw on you're running shoes and say you're going to run a half-marathon(although this week because of school and work I haven't ran a single time, but I'll be good :cool:).

Jiten and HelpIsOnTheWay like this.
  5. HelpIsOnTheWay

HelpIsOnTheWay Fapstronaut

This is one of my replacement exercises. I can definitely see it weakening any bad habit.

6. volt2187

volt2187 Guest

Finished my half-marathon at my average pace, which actually surprised me because I barely got any sleep last week, and I only ran once, which was the day before to loosen my body up. I'm definitely feeling it today lol. Lesson learned, which is connected to everything for me regarding quitting pmo and making new habits (needed to fit in some gym time, and early last week had a few slip ups and had to reset my counter)

Jiten likes this.
  7. Jiten

Jiten Fapstronaut

run.jpg After a long hiatus I'm back online!
    I hope most of you still wear out your shoes many times a week, speeding your way out of the house on roads, in parks, on fresh mornings or chilly evenings, breathing in all the fresh air you can!

As decided I urge every running fanatic/newbies to post their stories about the sport here, you can keep all of us informed about the progress youve made or intend to make. We'll continue to discuss more about the specifics of sport here, certain tips from the pros of the forum, and liven up this forum thread again.

I'll set up a group here on NoFap soon, feel free to join us there!

See you outside!

runfastmd likes this.
  8. I've been jogging 1.5 miles a day for the past month - it's not loads but easing myself into the exercising lifestyle.

runfastmd and Jiten like this.
  9. Jiten

Jiten Fapstronaut

Youre off to a great start mate! Now watch yourself get better at it. Steadily increase the distances you go. Nutrition and the hard mode here will work great together with your training!

Chef Boy likes this.
  10. runfastmd

runfastmd Fapstronaut

Love the running threads! Coming off of a stress fracture and plan on doing a 13.1 in February and a couple of 26.2s later in the year!

Jiten likes this.
  11. Jiten

Jiten Fapstronaut

Hola Runners!

[​IMG]

Found a great app. It is called Charity Miles. It is an app which translates the miles (GPS based miles counter) that you run, into money donated for a cause! You can chose from a list of over a dozen charities! So in short, you can give back something to the world and be healthy and athletic at the same time!

Donate your miles for a cause. Do check it out!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.charitymilescm.android&hl=en
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/charity-miles-walking-running/id505253234?mt=8

Let me know if you enjoy this! I surely am going to.
    Stay clean fellas!

runfastmd likes this.
  12. IsseyX

IsseyX Fapstronaut

Hey there, I'm so glad to have found this particular thread.

I ran a 5k road race last month and managed to finish in 27:15, which is not bad considering my irregular practice patterns and the fact that I was completely overwhelmed by my PMO habit at the time.

I recently registered for a 10k race scheduled for February and kick-started my practice sessions. I managed to run 6.75 km at an easy pace in 45 minutes last night. My aim is to take it slowly and steadily, get my skeletal system used to these new stresses and finish the race in under one hour. There's going to be another race in August, but hey, let's conquer one at a time, eh?

Setting a goal and working towards it is a great way to beat the PMO habit, I think. I am only a week in, but the rush of feel good hormones after the run was simply incomparable to the feeling I would get after masturbation.

One think I also noticed in the past was how my stamina would decrease whenever I've been masturbating a lot. I would be out of breath only a couple of kilometers in, my body would ache and despite being completely exhausted afterwards, my sleep would be restless and I would wake up in the morning feeling awful. So it's going to be interesting to see how this new challenge of abstinence is going to impact my physical well being.

runfastmd and Jiten like this.