1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

This is real emotional work

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by projectexperiment, Nov 10, 2016.

1. projectexperiment

projectexperiment Fapstronaut

I'm going through a process where I dropped PMO and smoking, and I'm going through the days feeling like a complete beginner at life. I get jealous and envious of people when they get attention from a woman (and I don't), I feel this flatline is going to last forever, and I'm getting upset by the smallest things in my environment. My insecurity is running rampant every day.

I'm doing breath work and meditation but the daily upsets still overwhelm me to a point where I feel completely exhausted after a couple of hours among other people. I spend the rest of the day trying to cope with what the day brought up.

I used PMO for so long in my life I don't know how long this thing is going to last where I don't feel anything is correct in my life. A couple of years back I had a streak of about six months without PMO and I felt completely different, but the process wasn't complete so to speak and I fell back into the PMO habit (and smoking) due to the stress overwhelming me. I think the worst is still ahead.

On the upside I get real moments of clarity and stillness in my thinking and being, where I just rest with whatever is happening, and it is okay. Then I get upset again about something.

WarriorScarr likes this.
  2. WarriorScarr

WarriorScarr Fapstronaut

Yeah man i have have had a similar experience. That's why i feel like it's a bigger motivation for me to have a successful reboot and get away from this PMO habit for good.

Tesslynne likes this.
  3. Tesslynne

Tesslynne Guest

Did you ever use PMO or even just MO to avoid dealing with stuff you found difficult? Like things that seemed extremely stressful? I know I did.

4. I feel you. I feel so insecure, not confident and miserable. I'm constantly overthinking, get irritated by every single little thing and lash out at others. It's now 4 days since my last relapse after 34 days and the difference is insane.

Awakeatlast likes this.
  5. WarriorScarr

WarriorScarr Fapstronaut

I know I did. It was a way to just escape. Now I'm forced to just deal with the stuff head on and work on dealing with the stress in a better way. It's not easy at all sometimes.

Tesslynne likes this.