1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Marriage

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Kdot, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Kdot

Kdot Guest

When is a good age to get married

2. lucky007

lucky007 Fapstronaut

In this day and age, I don't recommend any man get married regardless of age. There are zero benefits to getting married.

Do something interesting with your life gentlemen. Travel the world, start a business, find a hobby, ect....

Low, Kdot and Deleted Account like this.
  3. fapshooter

fapshooter Fapstronaut

In a modern western country, 35 if you're a male. Because your value increases as you age. Your value is the representation of your physical appearance, career success, financial success, life skills, health, and morality. From age 18-23, a typical male's value will flatline or even decrease with increasing college debt. But from there your value will skyrocket as you launch your career and take care of yourself. You reach your peak value at 35 and then it will SLOWLY decline, so not much harm is done if you decide to wait a little longer.

I believe that you have the best prospects at attracting a woman of high value when you're at your own peak value. So age 35 for a male is best. Marriage is a life altering commitment that adds tons of responsibility on your shoulder and in most cases, makes it more challenging for your value as a life partner to reach high altitudes.

I apologize for the short answer, there is more to what I am trying to convey. Check out "The Rational Male" By Rollo Tomassi for better answers to your question.

4. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

Get married at whatever age you want if you dont want to get married then dont. Do whatever the fuck you want to do. As a young person, I think getting married at a young age 20 or so would be no issue same with being older but no matter when you get married you have to make sure its the right person thats whats most important not age.

5. I agree with @lucky007 on this one, marriage is an dysfunctional concept that needs to finally die. According to statistics there is very high chance that you will divorce. Pay alimony, probably lose some of your property and even full access to your children. So why even put yourself in that stressful position? Doesn't make any sense.

But hey, if you really, really want to marry and learn from your own mistakes then I at least would suggest waiting until you are fully self sufficient. When you don't have collage debt (or any serious debt) and have a good job and carrier. There needs to be at least somewhat stable foundation to build it on. I would approximate it's probably around age of 30 - 40.

lucky007 likes this.
  6. Kdot

Kdot Guest

Ok I won't get married

lucky007 likes this.
  7. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

marry me

Nath1234 and Deleted Account like this.
  8. recoome

recoome Fapstronaut

Well if you're in Hollywood there are multiple ages for multiple marriages :D

peraaclom, fapshooter and Deadlihood like this.
  9. Waldo101

Waldo101 Fapstronaut

It depends on your social circle. In some social circles, not being married is considered weird. In others, it's not a big deal.

Do what's popular and follow the crowd. Blend in and just pretend to like your wife and kids.

Deleted Account likes this.
  10. Well I'm not going to let that scare me out of marriage. I will not conform to mere statistics. People often divorce because they think their love is irredeemable; but my favourite song lyric is 'love is never too lost to redeem'. I can enter marriage confidently knowing it won't end in divorce.
    I think marriage is the pinnacle of human relationship. Why not get married? :)
    A good age? whenever you are ready. I am aiming for 22-25 or something.

peraaclom likes this.
  11. :O

12. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

That's a great lyric...

What song?

13. mcrcvrng

mcrcvrng Fapstronaut

There's a formula where you plug in your age, the other persons age, how much you make, number of relatives and their age and income and and.. I'm lying.

You can say generally but marriage isn't a general thing, I'd think you're talking about someone specific and it's a relationship based on your specific connection. If it isn't and it's just someone that fit the generic profile of anyone of their age group why would you want to marry them? Isn't the whole point it's supposed to be a special person?

14. So basically what I hear you saying is that you prefer to let your heart guide you, not your brain. Whatever works for you mate. But I frankly don't understand people who do that. Do you know something I don't? Cos to me it just seems like a slight form of insanity.
    How do you know it tho? I mean yea maybe you know that you will stick to what you believe and value. But one thing that you can not effect is other person. So basically 50% of the marriage is in their hands. That's quite a lot that you don't have control over. Even if you two would have same values, beliefs and commitment now, people change. My beliefs and views about life are not as they were five years ago, even tho back then I felt that I will die with them. So how can you say that you know?

15. peraaclom

peraaclom Fapstronaut

There's not any good age to be married.. There are persons that are good to be married...

Yes, so cheesy... :D

Deleted Account likes this.
  16. I personally think 25 and up. As for the "no benefits to marriage" remarks, I would say if you're looking for benefits then you're probably not in love. Love looks for what it can give, not for what it can get. That's been my experience.

17. Kdot

Kdot Guest

Son of a bItch and you are married? How is that working out ? You in love?

18. Kdot

Kdot Guest

I just don't think I will ever get married

19. Kdot

Kdot Guest

Because I'm not good at communication to express myself and feelings for someone I'm attracted to. Plus they may not hAve the same feelings. I think my heart will be broken but I don't know if ill ever meet my future wife