1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Serious Question:

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by e5s, May 29, 2014.

1. e5s

e5s Fapstronaut

Really, where is the threshold between ED and normal "off" days?

2. IGY

IGY Guest

When it comes to our cock there are no off days.

3. Stand

Stand Fapstronaut

*like* IGY comment

4. e5s

e5s Fapstronaut

OK IGY, one vote for effortless up-and-away every time?
    Egad, it's a body part like any other. I mean, you wouldn't call it "thigh dysfunction" if you were sore after a day of skiing, and you wouldn't call it "arm dysfunction" if you couldn't do fifty pullups while fighting the flu, so what's the difference?
    Correct me it I'm thinking about this wrong.

5. IGY

IGY Guest

Please explain - effortless up-and-away every time? Who/what is Egad? By means of the comparisons you seem to be trivialising ED as it develops over years.

6. stygian

stygian Fapstronaut

I think there are several misconceptions here. ED and migraines are both medical conditions with medical definitions. Because someone uses "migraine" incorrectly doesn't mean that the condition doesn't exist, or that it has a vague definition. Whatever your field is, I'm sure that if you've ever spoken to someone outside it, they use your vocabulary incorrectly, to describe other phenomena, and this doesn't mean that what you're doing is wrong or doesn't make sense, although to them it looks like it.

A lot of the details are missing here, which is going to make it hard to answer your question. Since you've used medical examples, I imagine it would be like a person calling a doctor on the phone and saying that she has chest pain, but not telling the doctor her age, if she is on any heart medications, was she just in a car accident, etc. It would be tough for the medical person to know what was going on without knowing any of the details.

What is a mostly clean bill of health? So there are some health problems? Also I think that age is important. I believe that ED mostly happens in older persons. So if it happens in a younger person there should be more reason to suspect that it may be due to something else, like PMO, especially if it only started after PMO.

I don't understand your last sentence at all. It sounds like you are railing that people don't like talking about details that need to be talked about, but earlier you are suggesting that people should avoid emotionally charged conversations? If there are psychosocial or health problems between a couple then I think it's something that should be discussed. I don't know what you are referring to about people talking about stuff that doesn't make sense.