1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Still getting drunk regularly

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by projectexperiment, Dec 7, 2016.

1. projectexperiment

projectexperiment Fapstronaut

Ok ok, I wasn't going to be a Superman when I quit PMO, but I thought it was going to be something like that. The whole thing was such a big part of my life it feels weird to admit now that I don't even miss it. I also quit smoking (35-40 cigarettes-a-day-habit) and I feel much freer.

My new buddies like to drink though, and I like to drink also. I have to say my new attitude and outlook towards women is helping me but it's also giving me grief. Just last weekend I had my first slow dance since my twenties. It all had to do with attitude. I just chill when out drinking as opposed to all these wolves looking for their orgasm fix. I like it. But still, I had worries over my drinking. "Going down the chute for a coupla days" -style.

Realistically, I can't expect to jump from a loser wanker into some sort of Hollywood stardom, but I was thinking that this was it, I quit PMO, and I'm set for life. Childish thinking can get the best of me sometimes. So I'm thinking, this is my last vice, drinking till I get drunk, for who knows how many weekends forwards, but I'm still struggling. Inner struggle, like the rest of my neurotic life, is still getting the best of me. I'm going to enjoy what days I have left of this, then I'll quit. But not yet. I have to have my dog days before I quit.

2. YellowDiamond

YellowDiamond Fapstronaut

Be careful my friend. Don't replace one bad habit with another.

3. RedPillRebooter

RedPillRebooter Fapstronaut

I hear ya. I drink alot too, just turned 21.
    I sometimes hafta drink to distract myself from Masturbating.

Nothing wrong with drinking IMO

4. Last year I drank till I was drunk most weekends in the summer and fall. I was working a job that I hated and living alone. I had one night where I blacked out for a bit and a friend I was with had to drive me and my truck back to his house. Be careful about the drinking and who you are out with.

5. I was in a very bad state last weekend because of drinking heavily. Lost my wallet and woke up covered in my own vomit. I’m kind of glad that it has happened, a wake up call. I see it simply as; If you have to excessively drink/take drugs to be happy then you are not living a fulfilling life. Plus it's too expensive!

Green_Tea likes this.
  6. Green_Tea

Green_Tea Fapstronaut

Be careful and take a look at what you've said.

7. projectexperiment

projectexperiment Fapstronaut

I'm going to start controlling my drinking. Getting wasted to be happy is not what I had in mind ten years ago, much less a year ago. Thankfully I haven't been at this for too long.

8. nomo

nomo Fapstronaut

Many of us probably have more than just one bad habit of PMO. Life if full of distractions and it's easy to chase away feelings by finding something to numb them like PMO, drinking excessively, relying on drugs, etc.
    The key to all of it is moderation. If you can't do it in moderation than find a support group like Nofap or AA and stay away completely. In the long run we are all better without any bad habits.