1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

276 Days Hardmode - my observations

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by rz73ej, Dec 22, 2016.

1. rz73ej

rz73ej New Fapstronaut

I am not sure if it's that good to count how long your streak is, but I've done it anyway. This is my first post; I would like to share what I have learned from my reboot as well as some things you should know. I'm going to try to keep this short:

I can confirm the following from rebooting:
    • My mind tends to feel clearer and I have more energy (You can attribute this to going from releasing copious amounts of dopamine in the form of PMO to exploring healthier avenues; working out, reading, and other hobbies).
    • My confidence has improved, indirectly by activities which took place of PMO. As they say, confidence is a prerequisite for success. It doesn't turn you into this unstoppable force, but it does help you get a better mindset.
    • I still experience urges, but they are healthy: that is, they are directed towards normal sex as opposed to an numbing addiction.
    • My interactions with everyone I meet (regardless of their gender) seem to be healthier and more genuine.
    • The first week or two are the hardest, you will fail but you have to continue persevering. It gets much better.
    • Flatlines can last a long time and affect people differently, but they will pass.
    • Social interactions help tremendously.
    I am currently in college, so I think having a roommate who lived in the same room helped my reboot. In general, cold showers can help a lot to control urges. It's important to remember you should be rebooting for the betterment of yourself, and never get complacent. Do it with the mindset to never watch 'P' again.

One last note: I have formed the conclusion that when you reboot, you reach an "equilibrium". It gives you the opportunity to pursue relevant/productive avenues, but it is up to you to choose those paths.

2. Leonardo_001

Leonardo_001 Fapstronaut

So encouraging! Thank you for sharing. And congrats on your victories!

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. L'Étranger

L'Étranger Fapstronaut

Really inspiring ! This is the kind of story that helps me going. I wish you well, sir.

4. sir fappanot

sir fappanot Fapstronaut

Decent. You my friend, seem to be one who has gotten 'it'. Congratulations on living out your freedom.

5. Thanks for sharing. It is great.

6. rz73ej

rz73ej New Fapstronaut

Thank you for all of your responses; I wish you all the best of luck on your own journeys.

This is directed to those who are going through their own battles and might be thinking of giving up: There is a definite change between who I am now and who I was at the start. When you're engrossed in an addiction, you don't realize (maybe you do realize it, intuitively, but not concretely) how the grass is *always* greener on the other side. I am here to tell you with conviction it is and to continue your fight.

There will be, occasionally, context cues to uncover some of your previous actions. Don't edge, don't settle, and reinforce positive habits. PMO is just one obstacle in your journey: once you conquer it, there are many that follow. Destroy them.

7. Steve H

Steve H Fapstronaut

Thanks for sharing;)

8. badeae1

badeae1 Fapstronaut

Good post. Thank you for encouraging others in the journey to a better YOU.

Stay Clean

9. RetroMike

RetroMike Fapstronaut

Awesome inspiring post! Really want to try out hardmode but I know my wife won't like it haha. This post really inspires me to keep going.

10. Makavel!

Makavel! Fapstronaut

I like your post for the fact that it doesn't have that baseless bravado that Nofap will solely solve all your problems.

Thanks for giving a realistic view on what to expect.