1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Healing Aloneness / Inner Bonding

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by DSBP, Jan 3, 2017.

1. DSBP

DSBP Fapstronaut

Hi,

these days, the works of Margaret Paul (link) and John Bradshaw (link) are a huge help to me.

Anyone else working the Inner Bonding method?

Best Whishes,
    M.

2. Jesum9

Jesum9 Guest

Do whatever works best for you. I'll check out your links. Thanks for posting!

3. IggyIshness

IggyIshness Fapstronaut

Embrace your aloneness

Wilson Curry likes this.
  4. DSBP

DSBP Fapstronaut

Hello dear friend,

many times I heard people dropping that phrase. I never understood what is meant, I guess because I din't have first hand experience. I'm new to the many different emotions, new to accepting them and letting them be, no pushing or pulling, not trying to take control. Just accepting them. Before, I didn't feel, didn't have these emotions, cause I was high from the PMO-drug all the time.

How do you (personally) do that, 'embrace' an emotion?

Best Whishes,
    M.

5. Chicken Fart

Chicken Fart Fapstronaut

Hey man. For starters, medicine shows that emotions are a neurological occurrence that lasts no more than 90 seconds.

Philosophically, emotions are juicy thoughts. Think of a thought as dry but emotions as more juicy and luring. Either way, these thoughts should not be followed. You shouldn't aim so specifically to follow your thoughts and emotions, leaving you in this psychological space and dragging you out of life. Instead be in the life-scape.

You are not your mind. You are not your body. You are the life within it all.

Getting tangled up in thoughts plunges you into this infinite mind chatter, and the more you chase the more the psychological chains multiply. They may make you 'feel' a certain way but these are all hallucinations. Self-created mental illusion that will either lead to suffering or confusion or lack of connection with life. Either way, it is not living. It is not what the mind is there for. It is mindlessness. Your mind, this brilliant mechanism, has taken you so far in life, your logic is fine in survival, along with your five senses.

But lack of disease is not wellbeing. The life that you are can take you into a state of everlasting bliss and calm and peace. If you just realize the space between yourself and your body-mind, perhaps meditating to help attain the calm and quiet, perception goes from being a distortion of reality to clarity. The more you refine your perception, the greater you can listen to life, the less you chase thoughts and try so hard to be or feel something, the sooner life will blossom before you.

If you search for insight and interesting perspectives listen to Sadhguru's speeches on youtube, where he adresses many aspects of life blending the ancient science of yoga, with the modern life understanding. He shares meditaiton techniques as well. Check out Isha Yoga Foundation and Inner Engineering if you find interest in that field.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017