1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Getting rid of shyness!

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by kroon007, Jan 7, 2017.

1. kroon007

kroon007 Fapstronaut

After i started fapping around age of 12 i have always been the most shyest person out there. Iam 16 now. (male)

The thing is iam always at lost what to say when iam with people and randomly do the the most foolish things in the world. I have the most arkward coversation gaps and talking to a girl is impossible. Speaking in front of every one gets my nerves cracked up and a staged event is impossible. I always sulk away when i see all my friends teasing, flirting and dating with girls thinking il probably be alone in this world.

Also i cant swear and talking about sex and girls with friendsis also a no so iam always the "uncool guy". I always fell left out and girls have that wierd look when i ask them something prbly thinking iam a creep ..

Also i have heard most fappers have this problem, Please help me imrove my self we can do it together...

2. black_coyote

black_coyote Fapstronaut

I know how that feels, Don't worry.

You are at least attempting to engage in conversations. That's good.

I feel what's happening to you is only because you are interested in other people's perception about you to a fault. Its just that you are out of sync with yourself, maybe you think lowly about yourself because of a variety of reasons. PMO addiction might be one among them. You just need to weed out all false notions people have about yourself. That's a big LIE.

Engage in activities that makes you self-reliant, activities where you have to trust yourself the most. You believe in yourself, be comfortable in your skin and you can be cool whether you are with a bunch of people or you are alone.

Just focus on you life, don't make attention and validations from others your priority. Spend time with people who mean much to you, give them your time and love. Do something about which you can be proud. Start by doing little things like tidying room, focusing on academics

Keep rebooting

3. kroon007

kroon007 Fapstronaut

Thx man i started my first reboot this jan and also its going to be realy hard but il try my best!!!!!!

black_coyote likes this.
  4. richard759

richard759 Fapstronaut

I too suffered with extreme shyness throughout my teens and early adult life. I used to worry so much about what other people thought of me.
    Do things you enjoy, try and keep yourself healthy, exercise. Do the positive things and the right people will come into your life.

Mankrik and black_coyote like this.
  5. black_coyote

black_coyote Fapstronaut

Wish you good luck! don't be shy to ask for help here! You are not alone in this struggle!

richard759 likes this.
  6. kroon007

kroon007 Fapstronaut

T
    Thats inspiring man.

richard759 likes this.
  7. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

First of all, I just want to tell you something: Shyness is a part of who you are, and you will never get rid of it. It's like asking someone who is an extrovert to stop being outgoing. On the other side, there's nothing wrong with being shy, but with a little more confidence. And that comes with hard work, patience, and a commitment to self improvement. I was in the same situation as you back when I was in high school. And I will tell you my story.

As of now I'm 28, but 10 years ago, I was pretty much a loser. I was very shy, unmotivated in life, and was terrible with socializing with other people. It got so bad, that I actually dropped out of high school. However, 10 years later I'm a completely different person. And I'll tell you my secrets for success. It really all comes down to how committed you are if you want to change yourself for the better.

I realized that being a dropout won't do me shit in life, so I decided to be a different person. I got my GED and get to college. I focused on my grades, but at the same time, I tried different things to get myself out of my comfort zone. Even if I hated it, such as a leadership program, I still tried it out. Slowly my confidence grew and I got more comfortable with other people. But the thing is, you have to be willing to try.

If you worked as hard as I did, I guarantee you you'll be more confident in yourself, BUT retain your shyness. Before I couldn't even talk to girls in high school, but now my situation is much better. It doesn't matter how you look, and I thought I was ugly. But in fact, it's how you treat yourself and respect who you are regardless if you're shy or not. So embrace it; do not think of your shyness as something that's weak or unfavorable. It's part of who you are, and to get rid of it is like taking away a piece of your identity. Be comfortable with yourself first and you'll begin to make progress.

Like I said, I was in the same boat as you. Even to this day, I still consider myself shy and mostly laid back. But surprisingly, some women like that. You just have to show them you're interested, but you must improve on your confidence first. So do what I just did: Challenge yourself, put yourself out there, and do things you normally wouldn't do. And trust me, it scared the shit out of me when I approached that girl in college or when I joined that accounting club. But you never know until you try right? Only when you keep exposing yourself will you get better and learn to grow. Even if you make mistakes.

Please take my advice. I know this is hard, but you have to believe in yourself. Even I believe in you. It took me 10 whole years to be the person that I am today, but you won't be anywhere in life if you don't start making some changes now. It will take time, but you can do it. Good luck man. I hope everything turns out well for you.

8. Retentionman

Retentionman Fapstronaut

You're on the right path buddy. I'm happy for you because you're so young yet you are aware of your problem and solution, we're here to support you, don't give up you can do it. Stay strong and focused.

9. kroon007

kroon007 Fapstronaut

Thanks man. I will take your advice to the max!

Namekian23 likes this.
  10. kroon007

kroon007 Fapstronaut

I will :) Thank you

11. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

No problem any time