1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I can't handle it tonight

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by AllanTheCowboy, Jan 25, 2017.

1. AllanTheCowboy

AllanTheCowboy Fapstronaut

I can't handle how bad it hurts tonight. I've lost absolutely everything I ever thought I'd have in life. It's crushing me.

2. i_wanna_get_better1

i_wanna_get_better1 Fapstronaut

I'm sorry you're having a bad night. You have made incredible progress and you have turned yourself into a good person. The insights that you share with others is invaluable. The loss of your family has been extremely difficult for you to endure and it has caused you a lot of pain and suffering. Even though recent events have been hard on you, you will not always feel this way.

If I knew you IRL I'd say lets go for a beer (even though I don't drink beer) and give you a hearty pat on the back (unless you're secure enough to handle a hug). So all I got are words... stay strong, don't dwell too much on the negative, and have faith that tomorrow will be better than today.

3. i_wanna_get_better1

If you want to talk about it, then why was last night more difficult than usual? Were there any new developments? Or were you just feeling tired and depressed?

4. September

September Fapstronaut

Allan, I'm so sorry to hear that! The story you have shared here is alike the story of Mary of Egypt. You probably know it.
    Take heart. God needs you. You have helped so many people. Your experience is a blessing.
    I will pray for you and your wife and will look forward for positive news from you.
    Sometimes couples remarry in a couple of years or so. It is not easy, but it happens. Don't lose hopes.

oreogirl and Strength And Light like this.
  5. AllanTheCowboy

AllanTheCowboy Fapstronaut

The latter.

6. fuzzywaz

fuzzywaz Fapstronaut

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
    oreogirl and Strength And Light like this.
  7. i_wanna_get_better1

I understand. Some days we have a mountain of strength and resolve. Other days we only have an anthill. Some days our comfort rituals are enough... and some days they are ineffective. Sometimes we say to stay strong, but that is not always easy. You said you miss what you had because it's all gone. I've never had a loss as great as yours, but it must feel pretty painful. During this time it's important to make sure you're taking care of yourself... are you getting enough sleep? Are you eating enough? Do you have any other family nearby or friends who are familiar with part of what you've been through that you can spend time with? I know it's not manly but can you shed a few tears and have it feel cathartic? Also remember some important truths about yourself: you are loved, you are valued, and you are appreciated. Sometimes we don't hear that enough.

8. Ted Martin

Ted Martin Fapstronaut

Just want you to know that we care about you and are here for you. My heart goes out to you. I'm so sorry that you are hurting right now and really feeling that pain and loss extra strongly. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there buddy, ok? :)

oreogirl and Deleted Account like this.
  9. oreogirl

oreogirl Fapstronaut

You have ment so much to so many here. There have been times when I didn't know how this addiction between my husband and I would end, and your words have been comforting. Thanks for sharing your pain, it helps us all feel less alone.

Deleted Account likes this.