1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Everything is great just want to have a relationship

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Mankrik, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Chicken Fart

Chicken Fart Fapstronaut

I get the issue of being nervous about what others think, and that is the thing you need to address here. Maybe the never ending scenarios that play in your head about what might happen and how she will react and millions of trivial yet stunting assumptions are standing in your way of getting this done naturally with your complete and conscious control. Having experience is only a bonus when with some types of girls, a few others will prefer the guy whos quite straightforward and raw, revealed as he is not as he believes girls would like him to act, but as he is naturally. In fact that is more often what gives a man a special allure to stand him out among the crowd. Im not saying spill your heart out, thats overkill too. So, as long as you know how to talk, dont let the impulse of emotion get to you, and speak to her with clarity, dont stress the outcome. Yes or no is then up to her.

Mankrik and Sailor93 like this.
  2. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

Didnt notice this post until today but by coincidence I had already started taking cold showers and made the connection. Thank you for the advice I know I just gotta do it, and I am. I wull keep this thread updated as things continue to unfold.

3. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

Know its been awhile since you made this post, but wanted to let you know that it has been the best advice I have received. I have been taking a cold shower every day these last couple of weeks. I still havent asked this girl out yet but I know I am ready now. After I have a few more positive interactions im going to pull the trigger.

4. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

So I talked to her today and it was a relatively lengthy well flowing conversation, we just seemed like two casual adults. We talked about school stuff and what classes we were going to. I engaged her first and things went pretty smoothly.

It has been very challenging to have a deeper more personal conversation. We seldom talk but we both communicate well, our interactions are usually just based on boring topics though. Any advice on how to delve into a deeper conversation to get to now her better without coming off weird?

I have 3 classes with her next week. It is my goal to have a conversation with her on monday and then again on wednesday before pulling the trigger and asking her to hang out with me sometime on friday.

Sailor93 likes this.
  5. Sailor93

Sailor93 Fapstronaut

The purpose of a date is to get to know a person better. You won't get to know her on a deeper level when you continue talking to her in the schoolclass. You will only end up closer to the edge of that deep valley which they call 'friendzone'.

By asking her out, you show to her that you want to know her on a deeper emotional level. And by asking her out on a date, I mean literally asking her to go out with you alone on a date and not to 'hang out' with her. As long as you use this word, it will not be clear to her whether you want friendship or a relationship. It seems obvious for you that you want that, and you think she knows that too. But the girl might have a lot of doubt about your intentions, that's why you have to be clear. Furthermore, asking a girl out directly is something brave and noteworthy these days, and will be appreciated by her. I got rejected every time I tried to ask a girl out on a date. But I got a loooot of respect from peole for doing it, because there will always be gossip.

So you are free on friday I assume from your text? Dont go to the movies, thats a horrible first date. Is it winter there? Go for a winter walk in the park. Do some effort, meet at 11 oclock and prepare some sandwiches for you and her. it shows that you made an effort, but at the same time dont want to impress her with stuff. Or take her afterwards to a coffee shop. Oh and you pay, no matter what, you pay!

So the point is, don't wait for a deeper connection, because that's the purpose of a date, not the requirement!

Headspace and Mankrik like this.
  6. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

Thanks this was very helpful since I am still pretty new to all this. I will clarify that its a date and I wont worry so much about making a deeper connection prior to the first date. Im just going to take the plunge and see what happens, she has been really hard to read but I got nothing to lose - ill let you know how it goes :D

HipPete and Sailor93 like this.
  7. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

Hey if anyone is still watching this thread I asked my crush out and she said that she just wants to be friends and that she was flattered. Im not super sad about it and am glad I asked and can finally move on.

Rigel7 and HopefulChristian like this.
  8. johndoed

johndoed Fapstronaut

Congrats on that milestone, that is a HUGE step in the right direction. Brilliant.

Mankrik and Rigel7 like this.
  9. Hi, I'm super proud that you asked her out. This is only the beginning! Did you ever figure out why you were attracted to her in the first place? I have to say, your first post was...discouraging. You listed all the things that she lacked rather than what she had. You'll save yourself a lot of trouble and the girl, her time, if you were actually into her. I mean, she rejected you, and it didn't even affect you that much! Trust me, when you really like someone, it'll hurt. I'm just worried you aren't pursuing a relationship for the right reasons still. No point dating just to date. Heart ache sucks no matter how experienced you are. And Prom would definitely be too intense for a first date. Just something to keep in my for next time ;)

Mankrik likes this.
  10. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

Thanks for the reply. I still am not entirely sure why I like her in the first place. It wasn't the first time I saw her that I was attracted to her, but rather the first time I talked to her. I have always liked her since we first talked and have wanted to get to know her but we still barely know one another. And your right I never should have pointed out her flaws. Its just I was conflicted about why I had such strong feelings despite her flaws, but I think I understand now. She is someone very mature and responsible and has her life together and I seek to emulate her success. Also I feel like she is someone that would appreciate a guy like me that wants to take things slow and have something long term. I just asked her to go out with me casually to hopefully be my girlfriend and go to prom with me when it comes around in a couple months. I said I was over her and I want to move on, but honestly I still think about her every day and still have strong feelings for her. I think it might just be infatuation since we are not super close friends or anything though. I still really like her and want to go out with her... Even thinking about giving it some time and trying to tell her how I feel or asking her out again. I want to respect that she said she just wants to be friends but I still really like her. What would you do in this situation? I feel kind of lost and feel like I already made a misstep asking her out too soon and she has a negative perception of me. Sorry for the long reply thanks for listening :D

HopefulChristian likes this.
  11. Rigel7

Rigel7 Fapstronaut

Firstly, I just want to say congrats for asking her out! That's a great personal milestone and I'm happy for you that you went and did it.

It's pretty normal to have lingering feelings for someone after they reject you. If you think you can handle it, do respect her feelings and try and be friends with her still. However, I've been in your situation before (a few times actually) and the best solution for me has always been to try and move on. She already knows how you feel about her, so expressing those feelings again or in greater intensity generally doesn't win people over. She might come around to liking you, but don't hope and depend on that.

Mankrik likes this.
  12. I'm here to help. I would see how serious she is about being friends. Sometimes that just a platitude. Take it reeeeeeal slow. Like wait for her to initiate the first couple of times whether that's a hi to a smile. I hate advising this because it turns so easily into a game but since she suggested that's what she wanted, see if she meant it. You won't know the difference between her being nice and her reconnecting if you continue on like nothing happened. Look for other prospects and keep us updated. I find being "just friends" doesn't work but hey, if she's important to you, worth a shot

Mankrik likes this.
  13. @Mankrik

Good for you asking her out.

I’d recommend either stop talking to her and start talking to other girls. (You’d be surprised how you find other girls don’t have her flaws and that other girls can be a better fit for you).

Or you can stay friends and do stuff to make yourself so attractive that she just changes her mind and wants you.
    My friend successfully did this after previously being rejected by a girl he did stuff to be attractive and she was into him but by then he didn’t even want her anymore he just wanted to prove he could get her chasing him.

You could do both actually.

I recommend getting into affirmations and some sort of resource like alpha m or mantelligence. That talks about how to be more attractive to women from a philosophical perspective not just a clothes and ripped perspective.

It sounded like you may have shown a large commitment to her when she wasn’t committed to you at the moment.

Matching commitment is key. If you’re all in don’t show it unless she is. If you commit 50% and she commits 5% she’ll maybe feel pressure to commit more and that’ll make her want to be friends or leave to relieve that pressure.

Alpha males take time to let the girl develop feelings by continually showing their characteristics that make them a good boyfriend without pressuring the girl to do anything.

Some men tend to ask women for big commitments immediately. Because they feel they deserve that right away because they’re already so nice and committed to the girl. This drives women away because it’s too much too fast.

That’s why on a smaller scale. I think it’s best to say I want a girlfriend and let’s just hang out and see what happens.

Rather than (cringe) I really like you and want to date and eventually become in a relationship. This would only be appropriate if the girl has verbally expressed something just like this to you.

I knew many alphas and they were all pretty jacked without exception they at least worked out. Luke Mohammad Jason and Eddie were the ones I spent most time with. They all got girls in abundance.

each had their own style. They all had some way of flirting with girls. Girls would say they have their own thing going. And they say girls love a man who doesn’t make the girl the center of his universe. They know he’s doing something positive with his life most of the time and makes just enough time to keep her in his life. I think maybe one day a week is appropriate to start.

Never overstay have a positive interaction and leave so she has time to miss you and wants to stay. Always leave her wanting more

Just go to mantelligence or some other site.

disregard their advice that makes you feel like it would piss off a girl. Keep their advice that sounds like it’ll work for you.

get into affirmations. Millennial grind has aff on alpha male and attracting romance etc.

Now is the perfect time to attract my perfect partner

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2021