1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

***SPOILER MAY CONTAIN TRIGGERS - Dirty Talk, help/advice

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by ScrewedBackOn, Feb 2, 2017.

1. ScrewedBackOn

ScrewedBackOn Fapstronaut

***i will again clarify at this point that i am going to use some potentially triggering words here. please only read if you can deal with that and not relapse, you are doing great and im not here to ruin that***

So... i am casually messaging a girl i work with, different shifts so we don't see each other 24/7. we both like each other and she is the first person who i have told about my PIED issue... EVER. I saw it fit as she noticed some differences in my mood, processing ability and all round demeanour on day 3. She was very comforting and has invited me to message her to be my distraction if i get any urges, day or night.

We met up for a few drinks before i started my NoFAP journey, (i am still only on day 5 so i know there are harder times to come) and played "never have i ever" we discussed the usual "never have i ever been in a car crash, never have i ever been sick in a plane"... then it naturally ramped up "never have i ever had a threesome, never have i ever had anal"... The usually expected questions when alcohol and such a game join hands.

Now i don't know whether, as we are still really in courting phase, i should keep up this level of chat with her or not. I've set myself the challenge of 90 days hard mode off the cuff as i beat nicotine addiction cold turkey 01/01/2016 to present day. I feel like i have a strong willpower. i also feel like this fun loving energetic and slightly sexualised chat-style would be beneficial for our relationship which i personally want to be long term. what i dont want i to find that on day 14 i'm walking around with an erection ive had for 9 hours and all of a sudden i get the message "have you ever cum inside someones pussy with no condom" and that be the final straw, i run off to a bus shelter fap furiously onto a grannies handbag and ruin my streak.

would it be a good idea if i was to continue this sort of talk to advise her that i need to be in control of when it is instigated so that i'm mentally prepared or should i remove temptation altogether and run the risk of her not seeing me as a potential partner by the time i hit 90 days if not before and seeing her with someone else send me into a depressed relapse anyway.

At this stage i really think 90 days should be manageable but i have no idea how my cravings/urges are going to be tomorrow let alone in 90 days time.

any advice is good advice even if it doesn't 100% relate, but what i will say is i have strong feelings for this girl. She is naturally pretty, has a great sense of humour and our conversation just flows so i'd love a win win solution if anyone has one.

Peace and love brothers, may we all fight the good fight side by side and rid each other of our demons.

2. Ash98

Ash98 Fapstronaut

I think you're being unreasonably paranoid. I don't think NoFap condemns sexual interactions with real people (non hookers). The whole idea of this site is to make you ready for that game. Pursue this relationship if you like the woman. If at all you're sexually triggered by talking sexy things to her- it's O.K. I mean it's a perfectly healthy reaction. Having said that, try not to get over excited. I mean just the idea of texting her or having trivial conversation shouldn't want to make you fap- that wouldn't be healthy IMO.
    So, pursue this relationship normally. Engage sexually with her if the opportunity presents itself. And stay away from PMO.

ScrewedBackOn likes this.
  3. renewed trini

renewed trini Fapstronaut

Question: is she worth the wait? Another question: are you worth the wait? The reason i asked is nofap isn't a quick fix, it's an activity desired for life long change. No problem if you doing hard mode, however you should tell her with regards to your 90 days if relationshipwise things get serious. If it just a crush kind of thing then no, if you feel that you want something long-term with her lay your cards on the table you guarantee success

ILoathePwife likes this.
  4. ILoathePwife

ILoathePwife Fapstronaut

I absolutely agree. Screwedbackon, you already outlined how this could potentially go bad for you. Sure there's nothing wrong with dirty talk and flirting but you're in the beginings of this. You need to focus. If you were a drug addict in the early days of recovery would you hang around drug addicts using and talk to them about how good it feels?

5. NickyP

NickyP Fapstronaut

She's not the trigger! The trigger that got you were the explicit words on a digital display you sometimes use for PMO.

I think you should pursue her fully, but make sure she understands more about your struggle. You need to tell her about triggering, and make it clear that she has the power to trigger you, but that she herself is not the trigger. Her naked body won't be a trigger either, because you'll create a new and healthy pathway that doesn't include a digital display.

6. Beopus

Beopus Fapstronaut

Are you on hard mode? Don't be afraid to be honest.

7. ScrewedBackOn

Ready to give up on my life let alone this nofap "streak". gotta stop kidding myself and pretending that im going to amount to something. there are people who do and people who watch people who do. im a watcher and its no life to lead. why fucking bother

8. Monster Carrot

Monster Carrot Fapstronaut

What happened man. Talk it out

9. Monster Carrot

K I saw your other post. Did something happen with the girl?

10. ScrewedBackOn

got the old, i think we should stop... its not you its me, youll find someone bullshit

11. ScrewedBackOn

brings on a sudden sense of realisation that people will always see me as someone they can be around in small doses but never really care about

12. Beopus

Beopus Fapstronaut

It's ok, it's a rejection. It's a very good skill to be able to handle rejection well. Do what you feel like doing and express yourself, be it with us or a private journal.

It's ok to feel angry, sad, or lost but you need to make something constructive out of this all. Do some soul searching and figure out something good that you can work on from this ordeal.

We're here to cheer you on. It pains me to see you beat yourself up like this.

13. ScrewedBackOn

well right now apart from finding a bridge all i can think of doing is the very thing all of us are here to stop. im in my 2nd week which i hear is brutal for urges. this is most powerful urge in 10 days. and i think im going to break. would it be so bad to start a new streak girl free?

14. ILoathePwife

ILoathePwife Fapstronaut

Are you in the U.S.? Please, if you're thinking about suicide, call for help.
    National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
    800-273-8255

http://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
    You can also chat with someone if you prefer

15. Monster Carrot

So that girl turned out to be a wash. Just blow her off man. If you keep going with this challenge, you'll have many choices over the coming months, guaranteed. Don't let that girl have so much control over your personal stability. Keep building your better self, it's already begun and you just have to push through this crap.

16. ScrewedBackOn

Im not in the USA but i have answered my own original question. no its not a good idea! ive been in a relationship with P for so long i almost forgot that rejection is part of a real life relationship. few days of self improvement. some hard excercise and get back on a streak and completely take my mind off of girls. why i thought i was better than everyone else facing this addiction is beyond me.

17. Monster Carrot

Once you reach a certain level, you will have confidence in yourself as a person that you have built painfully but steadily from the ground up. Then, a rejection won't even bother you. Right now it sucks though.

18. Beopus

Beopus Fapstronaut

What's the most days you've gone without P when you had the choice available to go on? Put it into perspective. Today I made the 20 day mark for the third time in my life. I've been actively trying to engage in nofap for the last two years.

Look at the long run when you feel like judging yourself and keep your goals reasonable and attainable when setting the next checkpoint.

I hope you're not doing this to get better at picking up chicks. I don't mean to discourage you, but to do so would place your project on pretty shaky ground.

I really liked seeing that you're gonna do this for yourself. Don't worry about the other stuff, it'll just happen. Keep your focus on yourself.

19. ScrewedBackOn

no no she just fell into my life at what i thought was a convenient time but then dashed right out of it at THE most inconvenient time possible. ive never really been a "pick up chicks" kinda guy. guess thats why it bothers me so much to see a decent girl go. unlike these so called studs who dont seem to give a single iota of a care

20. Beopus

Beopus Fapstronaut

People do what they will.

I'd offer to learn to not care about them.

Focus on what made you sad about this all. And figure out the reasons to those reasons. Those might be the reasons worth tackling.