1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you think of religion?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by thatoneguy123, Feb 2, 2017.

1. thatoneguy123

thatoneguy123 Fapstronaut

I think it's man made bs... Our existence is a mind fuck and very complex.. Every religion has some truth but no religion is the truth to me..the hole gets deep imagine if you worship Bob smith on planet earth and then when you die you see a demon disguised as Bob smith who leads you to a portal to hell or back to earth lol.. I don't know Allah Jesus or Buddha etc. but everyone knows God religion is just prison for the mind and kills creativity much more to say but I'll stop here lol

Deleted Account and NoBrainer like this.
  2. thatoneguy123

Heaven and hell? Are you kidding me.. So basic.. Maybe hell is having a hard time in next life or maybe hell is coming back to level 1 (earth)

3. JustinX

JustinX Fapstronaut

Religion is not man made bullshit, it has exact purpose when it was widely adopted/created in the history by very wise men. With religion you can control mass of people, make them do what they normally wouldnt do. When people suffered, it encourage them to suffer and not changed it because heaven is waiting for them. Absolutely brilliant mass control mechanism.

Rikarwb and Kalito like this.
  4. SyrusDrake

SyrusDrake Fapstronaut

I used to be a very determined Atheist some years ago. I still consider myself an Atheist but I have a more diverse view of religion now.
    First of all, the question you're asking is too general. "What do you think of religion?" is like asking "What do you think of books?".
    American ultraconservative Christians who think homosexuals are lesser humans, who think that Creationism should be taught in schools and who think civil law should be based on the Bible need to fuck off, in my opinion.
    But on the other hand, my mom works for the Reformed Church of three towns here in Switzerland and I experienced first-hand all the good the organization is doing on a daily basis and I know that our society would definitely be worse off if the church disappeared.
    Religion and religious organizations can create great good if they follow some basic rules:
    - Don't claim to have explanations for things that lie within the realm of science, regardless of whether or not science currently has an explanation for them.
    - Don't force anyone to believe the same things as you do and don't treat them like lesser human beings if they don't.
    - Don't use your religion as a pretense to spread hate, anger and violence towards non-believers, believers of a different faith etc.
    - Don't think you deserve to be treated any differently than other (non-)religious organizations.

I'm sure that list could be extended but it gives you a basic idea.

5. thatoneguy123

Love and compassion common sense is the best religion.. Also fuck culture no need to be part of any culture y not just be you? Every culture has good stuff but to take part Ina culture and worship it is prison for the soul

Psycho96 likes this.
  6. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

There is no god and only darkness after death, but I believe we can still find solace in life and nature while synchronously accepting the cold logic behind our existence.

JustinX likes this.
  7. Religion can, I suppose be a way of controlling people, and it has been before. I am obviously very biased against the validity snd benefit of all religions except christianity though. ;)

Haha yes, it's a very broad question.

Well, evolution shouldn't be taught in schools imo. Evolution is similar to creationism in that it cannot be proven, i.e. there are huge scientific gaps and assumptions. At the least, both should be taught, but if creation were taught, at least students would have a better outlook in life because they don't think they are just evolved slime.

Religious texts actually have a lot of scientific truths in them. Sure, no mad physics equations, but lots of interesting things, particularly in the medical realm.

I agree with everything else you say though.

:(

8. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

What is level 2?

9. I'm a Christian, I use to be highly conservative but now I'm more liberal. I don't consider the Bible to be infallible but at the moment I do think it's inspired.

I get tired of how Christians seem to accept what a certain preacher says without question. I don't like how Christians accept Christian propaganda without asking if it's true. I hate the way certain Christians demonize Muslims, Athiest and those who believe something different from them. I think there should be a proper separation between state and church.

Having said that I do think everyone should ask themselves the following questions: Did Jesus exist? If so what did he do while alive? Did he die or did he get resurrected? Such questions are important because who Jesus was changes everything. And in order to answer such questions one has to read the gospels in the Bible, but not just the Bible - the agnostic gospels and the Quran so to see what they say about Jesus. Then make up their own minds about what happened.

10. Retentionman

Retentionman Fapstronaut

Man made bullshit, end of the story.

thatoneguy123 likes this.
  11. thatoneguy123

@Deadlihood not sure what level 2 is but probably better than bs planet earth

Deadlihood likes this.
  12. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

Religion is one of the causes of war.

Religion divided people based on their belief.

I can't stand the extreme versions of any religion. If someone is religious, great. But when they preach to others all the time or try to change other people's beliefs then that's wrong.

vibemaker, Psycho96 and SnowWhite like this.
  13. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

Nofap is my religion :D

vibemaker likes this.
  14. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

I've already made my mind up that if I find that afterlife god etc is real. When I die and we supposedly all go to the gates of heaven to be judged god or whatever I will destroy him verbally and blame him for the death of every innocent man women and child in wars, disease, disasters and the like.
    And ask him why he isn't as loving as his bible depicts him to be.

15. warriorforchrist

warriorforchrist Fapstronaut

I'm a Christian and Jesus is my motivation to get things sorted and get things right. That's why I'm here. We're all here cos we've found that some things work and others don't. Ever wondered why that might be?

16. thatoneguy123

@StarLord

17. IGY

IGY Guest

Agreed, because creationism is the false teaching that everything was created in seven, literal 24-hour days etc.

The teaching of creation is not so narrow and is an amalgam of science and scripture with provable conclusions.

18. Watch "Question For Ted" on YouTube

19. SupBruh

SupBruh Fapstronaut

I never understood how you could justify the existence of a very powerful yet all-loving God and at the same time be aware of your surroundings. All living things suffer daily yet you believe in a being that closely follows each of our lives (thus knowing what we go through), supposedly loves us, and leaves us to die due to famine, war, disease or natural disaster?

That and and the fact that God doesn't show up every month or so to announce that he's really there to clear up all the disbelief and religious wars.

Deleted Account likes this.