1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

noFap the cause of my sticking to exercise??

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by slickshoes, Feb 3, 2017.

1. slickshoes

slickshoes Fapstronaut

I've rarely stuck to exercise, but (and I know it's only been two weeks) I've been CRANKING out the exercise for the last two weeks. Keeping hydrated (rare for me) and feeling like an apocalyptical God because of it, riding on the high of completing it every day. (Literally dopamine. haha)

Diverted energy, I think. Going to make this stick around for as long as it can!

Anyone else found the same thing?

2. Absolutely. In many spheres it is believed that sexual desire is the strongest, and primary motivator in our lives. People think that means that we're motivated only by sex or masturbation - and for many, those who don't control their sex drive, that is the case.

However that sexual desire, our libido, is also a source we can tap into for seemingly unlimited energy to work towards other things. To shape and improve our bodies. To build businesses. To learn new things. To find and explore a deeper purpose.

I like to describe it like a hose or faucet connected to a vast supply of clean water, that is currently leaking water. Stopping PMO is like turning off the hose or faucet. Great, you're not wasting water, but you still have an untapped resource you could be accessing. Finding a new way to beneficially harness that energy is like taking the hose or faucet to water some crops, and making use of that reserve that you have within you, for something that isn't wasteful.

Dr. Jekyll and I Free I like this.
  3. I Free I

I Free I Guest

Exactly .

Keep using that energy for good . Never turn to the darkside .

Dr. Jekyll likes this.
  4. slickshoes

slickshoes Fapstronaut

Love it. Thanks guys! Riding a wave of productivity and success at the moment! :)

I Free I and Dr. Jekyll like this.
  5. I have been on nofap for 90-100 days (I don't really count). I did 2 hours of resistance training the other day no problem. I really enjoyed it too :D. I don't see exercise as pain anymore its plain right fun!! 2 hours is too much, I know. But it just shows how my attitude to exercise has changed and the energy nofao has unlocked me.

Dr. Jekyll and slickshoes like this.
  6. aberration

aberration Fapstronaut

totally the opposite for me, while I PMO and MO (though mostly MO only) I exercised a lot more (jogging and some weight lifting though I have joint problems), but I notice that on days when I exercised I am significantly more aroused so I stopped while on the nofap challenge, I also have significantly less energy for exercise while on nofap (maybe due to dopamine withdrawals but maybe it will be better after a month).

7. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

Nofap for sure improves other facets of your life due to the mindset and iron will it bestowes upon you. Glad to hear things are going well keep it up :D

8. IggyIshness

IggyIshness Fapstronaut

Thats alot?? I do 2:30 average workouts. SSometimes 3. I think thats perfect at 2.

9. Considering I do heavy weight training and rest for a short amount of time between sets and exercises I can get a lot of volume in an hour.

10. IggyIshness

IggyIshness Fapstronaut

Same. I usually rush through and still get hours long

11. SupBruh

SupBruh Fapstronaut

A beginner should be working out 45-60 minutes tops. Anything more and you're wasting your time with either too much volume, or too much rest in between sets.

12. IggyIshness

IggyIshness Fapstronaut

What would be considered too much volume? I have only 9 exercises on my list(s). I rest for a least a minute between sets. I have been working out since april 2016

13. SupBruh

SupBruh Fapstronaut

Look up Ice Cream Fitness... That's 5 exercises with 3-5 sets. That should take you 90 minutes at best, assuming you start at a low enough weight. For most exercises, 1-3 minutes rest is enough.

14. IggyIshness

IggyIshness Fapstronaut

Quality over quantity