1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

going good i guess

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by Harry Greenwood, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Harry Greenwood

Harry Greenwood Fapstronaut

I've successfully made it 5 weeks no PMO. Things are good still no real desire to have sex, but I have to tend to my girlfriends needs before I loose her. She has informed me of her disgust and her views on the lack of passion in our relationship right now, also didn't help that I kept my masturbating secret for 3 years of our relationship before coming clean. We have tried sensate focus and others similar just once and due to our busy schedules haven't had time to try again, but her support was all in in the beginning. She was all about me doing this for me and our relationship. I even communicated very clearly what this process looked like when I figured out about this site, thankfully still on board. Now things have changed her desires are overruling the support I initially got. I just don't know how to support her anymore than the occasional sensate focus and keeping on with my reboot. Any suggestions recommendations.

2. First off - congratulations on 5 weeks no PMO. That's an incredible achievement, and you should be proud of your progress and recovery. Being in a relationship can complicate things. You're doing the right thing in keeping your girlfriend informed, but you have to understand that your problem is not just yours alone as it is for those who are single, but it's also a relationship problem as well when you have a SO.

The best advice I can give you is what you are already doing - continue in your recovery and communicate with your girlfriend. The first one is essential - PMO is not an option nor will it ever be. It's a relationship killer (as you are currently understanding), and it has zero redeeming qualities. The absolute best thing you can do for yourself and your relationship is to recover. As for communication, this one is key in saving your relationship. She's still unhappy, and she still has needs that are not being met, and it's your responsibility to talk with here and work out ways that are mutually beneficial without jeopardizing your recovery (which is your primary focus). I don't know about sensate focus or the other techniques you've tried, but there is also karezza which is a good option to satisfy your girlfriend while giving you the option of continuing in your reboot without the orgasm. There's also support for her on this website as well if she's willing to consider it. Rebooting and overcoming addiction can be incredibly difficult and taxing on the SO. It appears as if you may be experiencing an extended flatline, which is a very common symptom during rebooting. Educate yourself more on your symptoms and triggers, and then educate your girlfriend and provide her with resources so she can better understand. Let her know there is light at the end of the tunnel, and support her in everything. Support her when she's sad, frustrated, hurt - this is a problem that came about from your addiction to PMO. You can receive support from NoFap and others who are going through this with you. I wish you the best of luck and continue doing well in your recovery.

Greenson likes this.
  3. DonGiovanni

DonGiovanni Fapstronaut

What about just going down on her? pleasing her? and jumping rope, lift weights, do long division or whatever to deal with your own urge in a nofap'able way? I mean, I'm sure she wants YOU to feel pleasure too, but I'm also sure that helping her to some O's every now and then will put a smile on an SO's face vs. no O's at all. I'm starting the challenge but I'm leaving actual sex completely out of the challenge. If it's a real person, actually there with me, I'll be ok with it.

CONGRATULATIONS on your 5 weeks! That's amazing!