1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The two things I've never been able to overcome... Im 27

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by 270.1m, Feb 11, 2017.

1. 270.1m

270.1m Fapstronaut

There are two things in my life that I've never been able to beat no matter how hard I commit or how many times I've tried - and trust me, I've tried MANY TIMES. The first is sleep problems and following a regular sleep schedule ~ i've even went to a sleep clinic for this once. But this isn't what we're here for.

The second is POM addiction (is that the correct acronym? Im new) I've probably started in my early teens - most people probably have a similar story? There was a living room computer in the basement where I've browse for games and watched youtube videos like any other 11 year kid in the early internet days. One day, I think I saw a sexy banner one day after school and decided to click it out of curiosity. Needless to say, it opened me up to a whole new world of excitement and suffering for the next 15 years. Pretty soon, I got my own computer in my room, and that was it. POM became a regular habit almost everyday for the rest of teenage years, through college, and into adult life. I've used it to cope for boredom, for horniness, for sexual frustrations, for stress, to fall asleep, you name it. I've watched so many different kinds of P with increasing intensity that is probably NSFW to talk about here. And I've tried over a hundred times to take control of my mind and failed every time.

It brings us to today. I'm 27, for the past 2 years I've traveled and worked in several countries - about 18, developing a decent career in Software Engineering doing what I find mostly interesting and fulfilling everyday, and working up a savings for some future startup business or investment. I don't have a girlfriend for the last year or so, because I spent most times working, and there is always POM when there is a physical need. Fortunately, I've done decently in other areas of my life despite my personal struggles. But I could probably do better. Which is why, it is now more important that ever to over these demons of the past once and forever! I want to cleanse my body and mind from years of unnatural conditioning and neuron pathway buildup from an artificial reward system. Im in a unnatural state, and I want nothing more than to reset myself from years of abused I've done to myself.

I have to agree completely that free and easy availability of POM is a public hazard probably more harmful than tobacco or gambling combined. Our reward systems and feedback loop is so fxcked up. We need to go back to a more natural, primal age where men (and women) actually have to improve themselves through struggles and hard work in order to achieve rewards like sexual climax. I feel that joining a knowledgeble and scientific community like NoFap and a good first step to finally beating this together!

Cheers.
    270.1m

2. kameyolo

kameyolo Fapstronaut

The next step is begin the 90 days challenge.
    Keep strong!

3. StandingTall

StandingTall Fapstronaut

Good post and good luck. I think what you wrote could have been written by any one of millions of men. Our sexual energy has been hi-jacked. Just be hyper-aware, present in the here and now, and be ready to channel that energy in a positive way. May your journey be a fruitful one. Peace.

4. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

Welcome to NoFap where you are amongst friends who are here to encourage you and not judge you.
    What are your current strategies for combating the enemy called PMO?

5. dhw87

dhw87 Fapstronaut

Good luck, you can do it, me too had similar stories, 29 now been struggling for 20 years, still rebooting on 18 th day

D . J . likes this.
  6. 270.1m

270.1m Fapstronaut

Usually my strategy is just to work as much as possible and be at home as little as possible. It's just that my workplace happens to be a Fitness startup with very casual dress code. These's some good looking colleges of the opposite gender to say the less. I don't know, what do I do? Haha.

I've started yesterday. Day 1. Taking a shower was very rough, have to break from the usual habit.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  7. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

8. 270.1m

270.1m Fapstronaut

D . J . likes this.