1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Challenge me (Guitar edition)

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Jungler, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Jungler

Jungler Fapstronaut

Recently thought a great idea for me to improve and stay consistent at playing guitar and it somewhat involves you guys aswell.

As simple as it sounds, write down here any song/s you're thinking of and i'll learn it on guitar, and after i'm done with one i'll head to the next one. Easy right?

Let it be rock, metal, pop, classical piece, a theme from your favourite videogame or tv. Anything you want!

This is going to really help me if i get numerous requests from you guys, so give me what you got!

2. AyeeAyeeRonn

AyeeAyeeRonn Fapstronaut

I'll search through my library and find a bunch for you my man, but a question first...
    Can you learn by ear or do you need a song that you can find tabs for?

Jungler likes this.
  3. AyeeAyeeRonn

AyeeAyeeRonn Fapstronaut

Okay here we go...
    Songs I know have tabs- Led Zeppelin -Black Dog, String Cheese Incident - Joyful sound, Grateful Dead - Casey Jones
    And one that I couldn't find tabs for- String Cheese Incident - Got what he wanted(rhythm of the road version is better) if you can learn by ear this will keep you busy, 15 minute instrumental break in the middle of the song. Also listen to the words of got what he wanted, great motivation for NoFap!

4. Jungler

Jungler Fapstronaut

I'm fine with learning by ear. If there's alot of shredding and hyper speed picking i can get it down on tabs.

5. kroon007

kroon007 Fapstronaut

Hi i also play the guitar..try castle on the hill - ed sheeron. Would you give me tips to buy a affordable elctric guitar?

6. señor

señor Guest

Frosting - Chon

only 30 seconds long but god damn is it beautiful. you'll need 24 frets though

7. xDayn

xDayn Fapstronaut

I would be really happy if you could learn Beneath The Skin - Memphis May Fire. I think you're not playing on an electric guitar so I recommend acoustic version since it's metal song. This song means really lot to me and I'd be really happy if you could learn it. :) Have a nice time and good luck with your fight against PMO!

8. NextLevelOfLife

NextLevelOfLife Fapstronaut

plug in baby by muse, the one song that always makes me struggle