1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Continuous failures have brought me here at last!

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Professor Moriarty, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Professor Moriarty

Professor Moriarty New Fapstronaut

At last, after so many repeated failures, and masturbating just before finding about this website, i am here. Seriously do not know if this too will end up in a failure or not.

I am currently a student, but do not feel like participating in anything. Always feel tired, depressed, very low confidence, particularly among girls.

I once was good in studies, too good in fact, but masturbation has completely ruined it. where once i has seniors coming to me to seek solutions for their study problems, now i am just languishing at the bottom in the batch. Somehow i ended up getting a good undergrad school, but have completely ruined it over last few years.

I do not feel inspired anymore. just feel shit and guilty all the time. And i fap daily, sometimes, many a times.

Just trying to find some purpose in life, something which could give me some meaning!

D . J . likes this.
  2. Ichiro

Ichiro Fapstronaut

Welcome man. You seem like quite the bright guy. It's good you don't want to waste your potential.

Best wishes on your nofap journey, brother !

3. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

Welcome to NoFap where you are amongst friends who are here to encourage you and not judge you.

What are your current strategies for combating the enemy called PMO?

4. Professor Moriarty

Professor Moriarty New Fapstronaut

Thanks for the reply.
    It really helps someone asking u about the things, which u may not be comfortable even admitting to yourself.

What i initially tried was to cut on internet time, but it failed miserably; reason being that since i had to do a lot of research work, i cannot forgo the internet.
    Hence, i have started using plugins such as 'STAY FOCUSD', which allows for certain sites to be locked based on keywords. It is difficult to change settings, as i have also locked the Chrome extensions page.
    Also, yesterday as i was going through 'NOfap' i came across a strategy of blocking images in chrome, which i have found to be quite useful. It does not interfere with my work but keep certain trigger images away.
    Although it has been just a day, so cannot comment how long will i stick out!

BUT it sure helps to be able to write, admit your weakness, as admitting that a disease exists is the first step towards its treatment!
    From today, i will write Journal entries too.

D . J . likes this.
  5. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut