1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

No opportunities to even MEET men anymore..happy SMELLentine's day

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Tesslynne, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Tesslynne

Tesslynne Guest

I took on board what some of you said and I DID go to a couple of parties. But then I have ended up having a busier time at work - which is predominantly women and children, no men there. Including the commute, I've been doing 12-14 hour days. And also for the last 3-4 weeks, battling a horrible flu. Now I have a week off - half term, I'm a teacher - but I'm still trying to recover from flu.

Had to delete my dating app because my stupid 16 GB phone which I can't upgrade until May, I think, didn't have enough memory.

So, it's like, I would LOVE to be getting out there trying to meet quality men, but I'm just not getting those opportunities.

So, it's like, happy smellentine's day to me...alone again...naturally....

2. Ericinomaha

Ericinomaha Fapstronaut

Sorry to hear that. Don't give up.

Tesslynne likes this.
  3. Tesslynne

Tesslynne Guest

4. JustinX

JustinX Fapstronaut

Start do do some hobby where are the types of man you are looking for. I would strongly recommend dancing (ideally salsa, bachata) and if you are from a bigger city you wont have problem to meet new 100 men every month particularly if you do social dancing after class. And more importantly guys who come there and are around your age also go there to find someone so they are already sorted from married for you.

Tesslynne likes this.
  5. Big Owl

Big Owl Fapstronaut

Here on NoFap you are never alone.

Tesslynne likes this.
  6. Tesslynne

Tesslynne Guest

Well I actually like younger guys, but that's a great tip. Like I said, it's been hard to go & do ANY hobbies with long work hours then flu but I will see what I can do. Thanks

7. Tesslynne

Tesslynne Guest

True :)

8. That sucks, but it's a recurring theme on here and amongst society in general. The internet and social media is full of singles moaning about how the digital era/longer work hours has meant that meeting potential partners has become almost impossible.

Technology means we're less socially developed; no-one approaches a stranger they're attracted to anymore and would instead swipe endlessly on their phone. This pattern means chance encounters are unlikely and you can only meet partners at work/through your social circle/poorly constructed dating apps. If these are limited this is troublesome.

Anyway, the numbers of single people are rising year on year; for most of us Valentine's day is just an unwelcome reminder of how sucky the modern dating scene is.

Sorry for the long post. I have strong views on this and find such societal trends really interesting. Have you tried Speed Dating events or professional match making services? Could be a good option.

Sailor93 likes this.
  9. Dr. Jekyll

Dr. Jekyll Fapstronaut

Sounds corny, but trust me, it could be worse.

I remember totally falling in love for the first time. I finally worked up the nerve to tell her, "I love you," also something I had never done before. It was the day before Valentine's Day, and I was planning on giving her roses the following day.

I was so excited.

Instead, after I told her, I got the "you've got so much to offer" talk, and she broke up with me. I pretty much felt like I was dying. The next day, still in total shock, I kept seeing couples or girls carrying flowers.

Worst. Valentine's Day. Ever.

At the time, probably nothing could have been said to console me. A lot of stories have happened since, some good, some great, some so-so.

That was a while ago, and now every year when it rolls around, I tell myself, "Well, Jekyll, at least you won't be topping that one any time soon!"

Tesslynne likes this.
  10. Dr. Jekyll

Dr. Jekyll Fapstronaut

To top it off, I am totally ashamed of myself right now, but early this morning, I fricking relapsed. Past the 2 month mark!

[At least you're not him :oops:]

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  11. I Free I

I Free I Guest

Never Give Up ! Never Give In !
    [​IMG]

12. Tesslynne

Tesslynne Guest

Sigh, yeah I relapsed yesterday.

13. JustinX

JustinX Fapstronaut

Welcome in the club lol. I relapsed yesterday too after 29 days and 17 hours. Probably more people did that. But important is to be back on track.

Deadlihood and Tesslynne like this.
  14. Dr. Jekyll

Dr. Jekyll Fapstronaut

Ugh! So sorry, Tess. Maybe it's a long shot, but this may be an opportunity to turn this around. If this is the last reset, every year I will actually look forward to Valentine's Day as the yearly anniversary of success, as something to really celebrate. Hoping you'll join me in this goal. You too, @JustinX

Tesslynne and JustinX like this.
  15. Relapse happens, unfortunately. But please remain cheerful, hopeful.

Remember that the worst thing is PMO and that consists of three components that so often are welded together. From my perspective the P is the worst of these three components. O is quite fine when it occurs with one's partner or in a wet dream. And M is a much smaller evil when there is no P.

Ultimately, don't give up. Perhaps the role of a like minded 'community' is most important when a relapse happens. Support.

16. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut