1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What video game are you playing now? v. 1

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Feb 16, 2017.

1. I can't return to a video game for the life of me. It really feels like something changed in my brain. I have absolutely zero interest and you'd have to pay me to play one.

Star Lord likes this.
  2. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

Haha yeah, very quick boredom right?
    I'm same.
    I play about 30 min then I'm done lol.
    Sometimes I even load a game then just turn it off haha.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  3. Tekkadan

Tekkadan Guest

I used games a lot in my teens as well. These days, I only use them as reward for getting certain amounts of work done. Gulit-free play.

4. That is awesome. I abused the crap out of them and paid the price but I don't regret it.

Star Lord likes this.
  5. Tekkadan

Tekkadan Guest

Thanks, I got this idea from a book "Changeology" by Dr. John Norcross. There was an example of a student who'd reward himself with TV after studying for a certain amount of times. Rewarding yourself is an essential part of self-improvement. I think a lot of NoFap folks here could use that as well.

6. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

Indeed. I spend so much time playing so many games.
    Here's some figures, nearly 30 days actual play time over 6 months playing call of duty 4 (when it first came out), same for all other cods after that. Same for battlefield 3 and 4 when they came out.
    Then I played skyrim on PS3 for 120 something hours but my save corrupted so I quit that lol.
    During my teen years if I were to estimate roughly how many hours into days I spent playing between 13-18 it would be.

13104hrs or 546 days. And that's a reserved figure because 1 of those years I was out of work and education for a while.

But I also don't regret it. It kept me at least from deep depression at one point.

I worry though for the future generations.
    They are brought up on games from day 1. I was lucky I had a real childhood.

7. “Rewards and punishment is the lowest form of education.”

― Zhuangzi

8. JamesWarrior

JamesWarrior Fapstronaut

It's interesting that you guys mention this. I was addicted to video games straight through to my teens, and then quit for a few years. When I started playing games again, it was like I appreciated the artistic and musical aspect, but it's just so boring and actually a chore to play games. When I think about games, I have a better time. When I actually try to play one, I'm bored and can't immerse myself like I could in the past. I guess when we're young we can access this escapist mode when it comes to video game, but when away from them for a period of time, that mode disappears and real life takes over.

9. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

Indeed.
    It was like a switch being flicked off for me. I just found myself uninterested in almost all of it compared to how I used to be with games, and craved to do more interesting things. Typically outdoor activity.

I still enjoy games when I have nothing else to do or think about. But only really a very well made story...everything else I find mundane.

Taylor25 and JamesWarrior like this.
  10. JamesWarrior

JamesWarrior Fapstronaut

I'm exactly the same. When I do play a game, it has to be a very well made story-based game, like you say, and the game has to feel like I can learn something from it and bring it back into real life and benefit. I think as one gets older, they learn to value their time and their own worth more, so when it comes to a game, it has to be something special and worth it - quite uncommon these days.

Star Lord likes this.
  11. Psycho96

Psycho96 Guest

Oh Azeroth.. How I wish they could release WC4

Deleted Account likes this.
  12. Skyrim until Breath of the Wild comes out.

Gotham Outlaw and Star Lord like this.
  13. I too fell down that rabbit hole. For much of my teens and early 20s. Now i cant stand to stick out any mmo. Games have to be fast paced shooters that i can just turn off and walk away from. With the occasional saga like mass effect thrown in.

14. It's a great casual hobby. I'm an all or nothing type of person and really don't feel I can commit to any gaming ever again the way it's truly meant to be committed to, in a responsible commitment that is.

Deleted Account likes this.
  15. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

100%

JamesWarrior likes this.
  16. Psycho96

Psycho96 Guest

I give this to y'all :)))

17. I'm thinking about getting that game later this Spring. How is the complete edition of the Witcher 3, so far?

Star Lord likes this.
  18. Beopus

Beopus Fapstronaut

Witcher 3 is a magical adventure. Got me into the books. Books made me cry manly man tears. Got a little tired of the "I'm a lawful neutral character" monologues though.

Taylor25 likes this.
  19. Tekkadan

Tekkadan Guest

Perhaps, works for me though.

Quiver likes this.
  20. Ironically as i'm rebooting, Shadowverse. Can be really triggering at times but i don't pay much attention to it. It's only the card artwork. I've played a lot of WoW in the past and am looking forward to getting back to it once i finish my reboot. My social anxiety has gone through the roof so much that i couldn't really even play it anymore. I also love overwatch immensely, but it's the same as with wow. Shadowverse doesn't have a lot of social interaction outside of emotes really so it's sort of fine.