1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I could be a good skateboarder

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Christopher123, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Christopher123

Christopher123 Fapstronaut

but my mom limits my outside time. I get about 10 minutes a day not even enough to sharpen my skills. I spend the rest of my free time playing skate video games and watching skate videos. I will never know if I could truly be good until I turn 18. When I'm 18 hopefully I'll crash on my friends couches and skateboard a lot in the summer. I follow some local skateboarders on Instagram they are my age and they are good and it's because they spend all their free time at the local skatepark getting better and it's because they don't have an overprotective mom.

2. señor

señor Guest

damn that bums me out. you totally remind me of rodney mullen man, he had a super overprotective father but was persistent enough to let him ease off, ended up becoming the godfather of modern skateboarding. seriously dude, look up "Rodney Mullen: Creative Voices (2014 interview)" on youtube, you'll really identify with it.

why does she limit you to ten minutes a day? that's incredibly unreasonable

3. MJ Warrior 93

MJ Warrior 93 Fapstronaut

Man, I used to do skateboarding, back in my old teen days. I never was a pro at it, but I used to do it just for fun.

4. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

Why doesn't your mom let you spend time outside?

5. Christopher123

She's kind of a helicopter parent and kind of lazy too. I'm not inside her head but I bet she figures if I rarely go out I can't get kidnapped or hurt. Just my rough idea.

6. Christopher123

And I live in Los Angeles where most skateboarders live or move to so they can skate.

7. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

Dude if you are indeed 17, you can go out and do skateboarding more often.
    Just help your mom with chores more often and I'm sure she won't mind you being out for a few hours a day.

Trust me dude it's great to have a parent who cares for your safety etc, but one day you will have to leave home anyway so get used to being out of the house more and go skateboarding.

8. Christopher123

Nope. Besides trash I have no chores. All she does is watch tv and do nothing else.

9. señor

señor Guest

you gotta board right? you could always backboard and practice your manuals in your room or something, that's what I do when the weather's trash

10. Christopher123

I have carpet

11. señor

señor Guest

yea so do I, if you manual your board without moving it'll really improve your balance for when you start skating on the reg

12. Rikarwb

Rikarwb Fapstronaut

I have a mom just like that.

2 days ago i said "I'm going to skate", and she said "Okay." I'm 17, and it was my first time skateboarding.

I believe that if you build her trust, she will let you do more things.
    If you don't start acting now, i wouldn't be surprised even if you were 19 she wouldn't let you out ...

PLEASE start now changing her behaviour !

Good luck from an unskilled "skater" :D

13. Christopher123

I'm moving out when I'm 18. It's not about trust she's just one of those helicopter parents, she watches too many news stories about kids getting kidnapped.